Canadian Kills Thai Rival In Deadly Love Triangle

Lite Beer

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a de facto marriage if they represented themselves as married. Thai law is very protective of a husband's honour.

Minimal, if any, jail time.

Mark my words.

It is my understand "Common Law" and "de facto" marriage is not recognized under civil; or legal proceedings in Thailand.

But I tend to agree with you that the guy will see minimum jail time based on what has been reported.

The wife is the one he should have done in.

Correct 100%.

Actually it is totally incorrect. He should not have killed anyone. To enter the house, pick up a knife and go upstairs then kill someone shows a certain amount of malice aforethought. If he came back unextpectedly because he suspected something then he should have thought what to do if he found his girlfriend in an uncompromising position. Now he could face execution (I know it is unlikely - it is a long time since a foreigner was exxecuted here), or the rest of his life in prison. The lawyer is dead, and if he had a wife she has lost a husband, and his children have lost a father.

He will now have a long time to reflect on alternative ways to handle the situation.

Correct 100%.

Actually it is totally incorrect. He should not have killed anyone. To enter the house, pick up a knife and go upstairs then kill someone shows a certain amount of malice aforethought. If he came back unextpectedly because he suspected something then he should have thought what to do if he found his girlfriend in an uncompromising position. Now he could face execution (I know it is unlikely - it is a long time since a foreigner was exxecuted here), or the rest of his life in prison. The lawyer is dead, and if he had a wife she has lost a husband, and his children have lost a father.

He will now have a long time to reflect on alternative ways to handle the situation.

The lawyer should have thought about that before he started f------- a lady he knew was having a relationship, no sympathy here.

Should have got somebody else to do the job for him, as I understand not that difficult, but obviously did not stop and think!

Not a good idea, because the hired killer will blackmail you for the rest of your life or until all your money has gone, then they will kill you !!!! (aplies to farang only)

In case you live together with the Thai wife of a Thai men, the Thai men has the legal right, to ask for compensation

That law works regardless of your nationality. I sued a Thai guy who slept with my Thai ex-wife (not ex at the time). I won my case AND got my damages paid.....

Simon 43

I'm fascinated by what you say.....and have to admire you sueing the guy!

Does the marriage have to be documented or is common law with a village party the same?

ps just out of vulgar interest what did it cost him?

(Again, I have to admire your cheek, though In the Canadian's case wouldn't his life be different now if he'd just realised he had the perfect arrangement happening if he hadn't let his lizard brain take over.

Unfortunately when someone thinks they love someone it means they love owning them and actually want the best for themselves rather than the other person they feign devotion to.)

BTW I think it's heartening (at 63) that she chose a 59 year old as the toyboy!

Fascinated that some here are calling her a slag.

She wasn't smart to play at home, but she looks like a nice girl, maybe it's because she was so nice that he lost it.

Why should she be called a slag for wanting some company when her boyfriend's away?

In her mind she may have been perfectly devoted to the Canadian and put him first always, but simply wanted some human company instead of watching a soap when he wasn't there.

Cheeryble.

Edited by cheeryble

Here in the United States I worked at an office 3 1/2 drive away from my main home. I lived in an efficiency apartment when at the office.

I returned home unexpectedly one night, without calling ahead. I had one hell of a surprise. My Thai wife met me in the hallway with a loaded 12 gauge shotgun. Seems I did not hear her calling out, "Honey is that you?".

I never did find out if she was seeing anyone. I always called her before and never arrived unexpectedly after that night!

• Like 2

Correct 100%.

The lawyer should have thought about that before he started f------- a lady he knew was having a relationship, no sympathy here.

Maybe the guy should have satisfied his lady more giving her no reason to cheat. Might be one of those relations based on money, where the lady acts she loves the guy but needs to satisfy her urges with someone else.

Cant blame the guy taking what was offered to him. Maybe the girl told him her bf cheated or they were split up ect. Anyway if your wife cheats it just means you are not enough. Maybe just good for the money and that is it. That is why so many mia farang have a thai "brother" living close by.

Maybe he was just trying to threaten the lawyer, and the knife slipped from his grasp....

50 times! (That has got to take awhile).

Then again, who hasn't thought of killing a lawyer?

Hm... Theres one Farang (so called) lawyer working out of Teperasit Road, just a thought... pitty he was not the one in the story!!!!

Here in the United States I worked at an office 3 1/2 drive away from my main home. I lived in an efficiency apartment when at the office.

I returned home unexpectedly one night, without calling ahead. I had one hell of a surprise. My Thai wife met me in the hallway with a loaded 12 gauge shotgun. Seems I did not hear her calling out, "Honey is that you?".

I never did find out if she was seeing anyone. I always called her before and never arrived unexpectedly after that night!

Sounds like she adapted to American culture rather well.

and like ALWAYS in cases like this, the SOURCE will walk free -

stupid Canadian, no *** is worth throwing its life away....

hope he will find a good lawyer and dont have to regret it for the rest of his life in the Hilton

Edited by sbk
obscenity removed

In case you live together with the Thai wife of a Thai men, the Thai men has the legal right, to ask for compensation

That law works regardless of your nationality. I sued a Thai guy who slept with my Thai ex-wife (not ex at the time). I won my case AND got my damages paid.....

Interesting story Simon. How much you talking roughly?