Daily Limit On Number Of Posts

naboo

Is it possible to put a limit on the number of posts a user can make in a day?

I've just read through post after post of nonsense written by one user (I'll leave anonymous) who's got something worthless to say about everything. Perhaps a daily limit would make people think before posting utter drivel. I know I can just put this poster, and others, on ignore, but then I'd lose half the posts in a thread and have no idea what the drivel I wasn't reading wasn't all about.

I suggest 20. More than this and the person needs to get out anyway. I see today there are 20 people with 20 or more posts.

• Like 1

They're supposed to be a discussion, provide relevant information, entertain. They need input from members, but when I read 5 posts in a row from the same poster, the discussion element seems to have disappeared, and when the posts are drivel....

It wasn't you I was talking about though.

• Like 1

They're supposed to be a discussion, provide relevant information, entertain. They need input from members, but when I read 5 posts in a row from the same poster, the discussion element seems to have disappeared, and when the posts are drivel....

It wasn't you I was talking about though.

Sorry naboo, what I mean is more posts and hits the better generally for any forum.

but when I read 5 posts in a row from the same poster, the discussion element seems to have disappeared, and when the posts are drivel....

You do have a Report button whistling.gif then please use it w00t.gif and stop giving us all your grief and pain bah.gif

Win coffee1.gif

Edited by Kan Win

A post has been removed because it contained vulgar language contrary to forum rule 3. Here's a clue. Just because you substitute letters with ampersands or asterisks it doesn't mean that the word is no longer vulgar. We try to keep Thaivisa family friendly.

Maybe time to introduce a "Don't Like This" button ?

You do have a Report button whistling.gif if you do not like it, then please use it w00t.gif

Agree 100% but isn't that if the post doesn't violate forum rules it will not be removed, if the post is just obnoxious or Offtopic most of them don't get removed, but if they get removed, then only about 60% of all post will remain. So a better option would be the "don't like button" thumbsup.gif

wai.gif

Edit: // Maybe 60% is a to positive Number wink.png

Edited by MJCM

Maybe time to introduce a "Don't Like This" button ?

You do have a Report button whistling.gif if you do not like it, then please use it w00t.gif

Agree 100% but isn't that if the post doesn't violate forum rules it will not be removed, if the post is just obnoxious or Offtopic most of them don't get removed, but if they get removed, then only about 60% of all post remain. So a better option would be the "don't like button" thumbsup.gif

wai.gif

They tried that one before "don't like button" sad.png and was gone in a few days as members that did not like each other gave then One big un bah.gif or two or three, don't like you so off ski............. w00t.gif

Whoever, should as you put it be

if the post is just obnoxious or Offtopic

Yes, and Please report it and then let us all see what ThaiVisaDotCom Admins and Mods do about that said post.

Win wink.png

naboo said: "I see today there are 20 people with 20 or more posts."

Where do you find this info?

Top posters of the day is on the index page near the bottom.

Edit: Perhaps I should have said most frequent posters. tongue.png

Edited by smokie36

naboo said: "I see today there are 20 people with 20 or more posts."

Where do you find this info?

Top posters of the day is on the index page near the bottom.

Edit: Perhaps I should have said most frequent posters. tongue.png

Blimey - there are some people I've never heard of in that list! I wonder where they post?

OMG - I've done 20! Jesus, I'm out of here quick!

• Like 2

In my opinion, your subjective evaluation of a post as "drivel" is not something that should be reported. Instead: scroll down.

There are plenty of times I've seen moderators leave comments such as "nonsense posts deleted". Drivel should be reported as it clearly doesn't have a place here on Thaivisa.

gossip differs significantly to observation. I made no speculation as to motive or quality, merely pointed out a fact.

gossip

Casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.

and i was not referring to webfact

Edited by tinfoilhat

gossip differs significantly to observation. I made no speculation as to motive or quality, merely pointed out a fact.

gossip

Casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.

and i was not referring to webfact

I certainly wasn't referring to your comment(s) specifically but rather the entire general premise of this thread. My OPINION is that status quo of freedom to post as few or as many posts as you like is just peachy. Cheers.