Yingluck Shinawatra To Meet Queen On Britain Trip

webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to Bucholz...

No doubt H.M. will be able to understand Yingluck, she has had a lot of practice with colonial and American accents.

Your confidence QE II will be able to understand her might be relevant if Yingluck's struggles with English originated from having a colonial or American accent, but they don't.

i have read most but not all of the posts here , we all ,or most of us like to have a "dig" at thailand for all its faults , but what has suprised me is that nobody has mentioned {that ive read} that the UK has a Queen as head of state and the church , and here is yingluk visiting from a country that, upto now will not allow a queen as HOS,.. even if Liz is only really a figurehead , i hope this is discussed between them and made public to the thai ppl as i think it would be fantastic for thai women, and that they deserve equality in their own country and to be SEEN as equals too , unfortunatelly yingluck has not proven herself as a leader of ppl upto now as much as Liz has and i cant see it happening........pity .............i know there were figures on TV a few days ago showing that thailand has more CE's Than many others , but its not "rooted" and i dont believe it is taken serioiusly , prob just "daddy's girls in mercs !

Fully agree, Khun Abhisit should be there as translator, it will show the reality of his position and make clear to all, who is boss.

At least it will show witch one of them is without a brain.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No doubt AV can spell witch ( WHICH ) correctly.

Probably Yingluck can also spell it.

You cannot.

Hohohoho, can't be bothered with emoticons., sorry.

No doubt H.M. will be able to understand Yingluck, she has had a lot of practice with colonial and American accents.

Your confidence QE II will be able to understand her might be relevant if Yingluck's struggles with English originated from having a colonial or American accent, but they don't.

Who is the they ???

Sanctimoniously.

Fully agree, Khun Abhisit should be there as translator, it will show the reality of his position and make clear to all, who is boss.

At least it will show witch one of them is without a brain.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No doubt AV can spell witch ( WHICH ) correctly.

Probably Yingluck can also spell it.

You cannot.

Hohohoho, can't be bothered with emoticons., sorry.

It's not nice to make fun of the English of non-native English speakers. AV can probably spell 'which' correctly, but the poster might have actually meant 'witch' (something like 'Mae Mot'). Still not appropriate although her husband might have an occasional 'ikae' slip out rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

What does that bring the people of Thailand?

Absolutely nothing, zilch, nada, niet, zero!

It seems to me that she is just taking full advantage of her position to travel the world in an attempt to widen her circle of contacts/friends so that when she is removed stands down other doors may be opened!

You seem to have forgotten that she is traveling to the UK at the invitation of the British government.

That she was invited and is also being granted an audience with the queen surely means that there is something the British government wants from the Thai government; probably to do with trade and/or investment.

Although Thailand is not specifically mentioned, I suspect that David Cameron: We must push in 'global trade race' has a lot to do with Cameron inviting her to visit the UK at this time, and his arranging for an audience with the Queen.

One of the roles of heads of government is to meet with other heads of government to discuss such matters.

Whatever gave you that idea?

There is no succession issue; Prince Charles will succeed the Queen, Prince William will succeed him, and so on.

There has been some talk of Prince Charles stepping aside in favour of his son; but it's no big issue and wont happen anyway.

What does that bring the people of Thailand?

Absolutely nothing, zilch, nada, niet, zero!

It seems to me that she is just taking full advantage of her position to travel the world in an attempt to widen her circle of contacts/friends so that when she is removed stands down other doors may be opened!

You seem to have forgotten that she is traveling to the UK at the invitation of the British government.

That she was invited and is also being granted an audience with the queen surely means that there is something the British government wants from the Thai government; probably to do with trade and/or investment.

Although Thailand is not specifically mentioned, I suspect that David Cameron: We must push in 'global trade race' has a lot to do with Cameron inviting her to visit the UK at this time, and his arranging for an audience with the Queen.

One of the roles of heads of government is to meet with other heads of government to discuss such matters.

I'm sure there are many things England would like to sell to or in Thailand, not sure the British Government understands that the Thai's don't really want other countries selling things in their country, thus 100% import duties. But hey, Cameron is going to give it go, what.

Whatever gave you that idea?

There is no succession issue; Prince Charles will succeed the Queen, Prince William will succeed him, and so on.

There has been some talk of Prince Charles stepping aside in favour of his son; but it's no big issue and wont happen anyway.

Which is why my Queen won't abdicate.

'As Queen one has to do so many irksome things and meet some perfectly frightful people.' ( A quote I'd like to see attributed to Betty Windsor)

Be very careful to not get too close to the Corgis, Yingluck. They bite, just like your brother.

I thought Queenies corgis were dead.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/20%20most%20asked%20questions.aspx

Q10. What are the names of The Queen’s corgis?

A. The Queen has two Corgis: Holly and Willow. Her Majesty also has two Dorgis (cross-breed of Dachshund and Corgi): Candy and Vulcan.

One of The Queen's corgis did die recently his name was Monty.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/queens-corgi-monty-dies-after-1314878

Same article states 2 remaining corgis, Willow and Holly

So there you have it you thought wrong...surprising what a little research on google can come up with.

I wanna be a billionaire so freaking bad......

See my brother on the cover of Forbes magazine

While I'm standing next to Philip and the Queen

Very appropriate lyrics, but with the caveat that she's no doubt already a billionaire by now after having obtained nearly that amount from just one stock transaction six years ago.

She stepped down from AIS in 2006 shortly after Thaksin's family sold its stake in holding company Shin Corp. to Singapore's Temasek Holdings Pte for 73 billion baht, a deal that netted Yingluck 985 million baht for her 20 million shares

Bloomberg - May 16, 2011

http://www.businessw...opposition.html

More recognition from the international community. Well done Yinluck. Yet another sad day for the bitter old men of TV.

Yeah, how it must stick in some throats..........

You got to be kidding!!! The lady is an embarrassment to Thailand, same as her clan. The fact that she will be seen by HM the Queen has certainly NOTHING to do with her amazing exceptional leadership skills....

• Like 1

Uh- "she attempts to burnish her monarchist credentials within her deeply divided homeland".'BURNISH HER MONARCHIST CREDENTIALS'...what in the name of plain speaking does that mean ? Sounds like someone's been using an 18th Century dictionary!

I'm sure it's derived from common red shirt lexicon.

Very appropriate lyrics, but with the caveat that she's no doubt already a billionaire by now after having obtained nearly that amount from just one stock transaction six years ago.

She stepped down from AIS in 2006 shortly after Thaksin's family sold its stake in holding company Shin Corp. to Singapore's Temasek Holdings Pte for 73 billion baht, a deal that netted Yingluck 985 million baht for her 20 million shares

Bloomberg - May 16, 2011

Interesting as the Thai National Counter Corruption Commission states:

Yingluck Shinawatra, has an estimated net worth of $17 million (541 million Baht) as of September 2011, according to Thai independent National Counter Corruption Commission. Yingluck’s nine-year-old son, Supasek, has 4.4 million baht while her common law husband declared 76.8 million baht in assets, along with debt of 369.7 million baht

Who is the they ???

Sanctimoniously.

"They", since you ask, and I assume you are serious, are "Yingluck's struggles" (plural).

I think Buchholz's answer was quite clear and concise.

Edited by ratcatcher

Bloomberg - May 16, 2011

Interesting as the Thai National Counter Corruption Commission states:

Yingluck Shinawatra, has an estimated net worth of $17 million (541 million Baht) as of September 2011, according to Thai independent National Counter Corruption Commission. Yingluck’s nine-year-old son, Supasek, has 4.4 million baht while her common law husband declared 76.8 million baht in assets, along with debt of 369.7 million baht

With the ability to lose half her assets, it demonstrates that financial expertise inherent in most Shinawatras...

OR...

its a case of false asset declaration by her....

the same as her niece being caught out for the same thing and being thrown out of the House of Representatives for it.

More recognition from the international community. Well done Yinluck. Yet another sad day for the bitter old men of TV.

Yeah, how it must stick in some throats..........

You got to be kidding!!! The lady is an embarrassment to Thailand, same as her clan. The fact that she will be seen by HM the Queen has certainly NOTHING to do with her amazing exceptional leadership skills....

Amazing exceptional leadership skills are not on the requirement list to meet with the Queen. Just ask Robert Mugabe.

article-1029456-01BEC00300000578-857_468x537.jpg

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 2

"Velly goose to finally can mees you, Queen Elizabeth Taylor..."

Does anyone else have the impression that YS sometimes sounds like Jar Jar Binks when she speaks English?

I have a feeling that the PM of Thailand has a far better command of the English language than you do of the Thai language.

But then MisterWhisper is not PM either 8-)

Let Banharn Silpa-Archa handle it as he welcomed officially Queen Elizabeth Taylor during his reign!

Thailand also has a new ambassador to the UK....H.E. Khun Pasan Teparak and he seems a really nice and witty guy.

Had a couple of drinks with him on Monday night but of course he had to shoot off to meet PM Yingluck who from this side of the water comes over as very popular.

The visit will be good for both LOS and the UK ...and thats important..init.chai.