Four Killed In Shooting Over Stolen Motorbike: Bangkok

webfact

Thonburi: Four killed in shooting over stolen motorbike

By Coconuts Bangkok

Four men died in Bangkok in a shootout over the theft of a motorcycle Friday night.

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police found the deceased while responding to reports of shootings in both the Chom Thong and Thonburi districts of Bangkok. Both Pitikorn Buakhamsi, 22, and Akarapong Kantarain, 18, were found at the scene of the Thonburi violence, the victims of multiple, 9mm gunshot wounds.

Police found the body of Somchai Petchpankan later, while investigating the complaints in Chom Thong.

Two other victims, Wanat Chuenchom and Narakorn Suthipho, sustained bullet wounds but were rushed to hospitals and appeared [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...olen-motorbike/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2012-11-13

footer_n.gif

As harsh as this may sound, that will teach the little toe-rags to steal other people's bikes, if that is indeed the case.

Whoever owned the bike is a definite candidate for anger management classes...............wink.png

• Like 1

As harsh as this may sound, that will teach the little toe-rags to steal other people's bikes, if that is indeed the case.

Whoever owned the bike is a definite candidate for anger management classes...............wink.png

Or maybe shooting classes so multiple wounds are not needed.

• Like 2

I had a bike stolen three times in 2 years in Australia. I must say I felt like doing something to the little b.....s but though the police knew exactly who took it did not do anything because they were only 16 year old kids and the court would not even have looked at them.

Or maybe shooting classes so multiple wounds are not needed.

Multiple wounds may not have been needed, but wanted.

I bet this wasn't the first bike that had stolen?

Is it me, am I right in thinking that since the present Gov. came into power these types of crime have been increasing? If so could it be because people are not as well off as such are becoming more desperate and committing more crimes in order to live?

I had a bike stolen three times in 2 years in Australia. I must say I felt like doing something to the little b.....s but though the police knew exactly who took it did not do anything because they were only 16 year old kids and the court would not even have looked at them.

That's one unlucky bike! ;)

-mel.

That's one unlucky bike! wink.png

-mel.

well actually 2 the insurance replaced them 2 twice...The third was the one I lost my leg on.

Edited by harrry

There's anger and there's psychotic violence: whoever did this has been watching too many death wish movies. I can understand the rage felt at the theft of something special to you, but to kill four people, that's just wrong.

rage at having a bike stolen?

There's anger and there's psychotic violence: whoever did this has been watching too many death wish movies. I can understand the rage felt at the theft of something special to you, but to kill four people, that's just wrong.

Rage/anger/mild irritation or whatever, still no reason to embark upon a killing spree.

• Like 2

Rage/anger/mild irritation or whatever, still no reason to embark upon a killing spree.

That my friend is sending a message.

Not only will it elevate his reputation but likely lighten the road to his arrest.

Unless of course the road is protected by those that normally would arrest........................wink.png

I can understand the extreme anger of a person who works long and hard to buy a motorcycle, to have it stolen by someone who knows a better way. Of course there are repercussions for killing, as there are for stealing someone's bike. Some repercussions are to be expected, some come as a surprise, especially to the less imaginative. Look on the bright side, there's no such thing as a dead recidivist.

Somchai probably prayed long and hard for a motorcycle, until he realised god doesn't work that way. So he stole one and prayed for forgiveness.

Those that wish to bring religion into the argument might ask themselves who gave them the right to rank the commandments. I'd also like to know who wrote the Amendments to "thou shall not kill" to allow for religious (or other) wars.

• Like 1

Is it me, am I right in thinking that since the present Gov. came into power these types of crime have been increasing? If so could it be because people are not as well off as such are becoming more desperate and committing more crimes in order to live?

I too think that crime is on the increase. I'd guess that an increase in unemployment is probably the cause. The wage hike to baht 300/day making companies think twice before over staffing and many not being rehired after last years floods might be the root cause of the unemployment.

It doesn't matter how poor you are, you do not commit crimes against ordinary people, or steal from them, and that applies in any country.

If I was walking down the street and was attacked by a stranger without any provocation, I would be happy to kill them, and believe me I would, because scum like that do not deserve to live amongst decent people, and in the two countries I have lived in, the UK and Thailand, the vast majority of people are decent.

Anyway, never underestimate the reaction of a Thai.

If they end up losing it, which may happen for the slightest of reasons given their emotionally restrictive culture and build up of anger, it isn't going to be a few punches they let loose.

What you are saying is wrong, Thai people are the most tolerant people on earth, and I believe 99.99 % of them would not harm anyone without good reason, the thing I would say is if any Thais did want to harm anyone, they would have to be in a group as they are too cowardly to try and harm you by themselves.