Consumer Protection

kevvy

Hi

Went to Toyota to get some new leather seats for my wives car, as she had cloth. I talked to the sales lady and asked about leather and she told me yes they have , and the cost was 18,000baht. I asked her 3 times if they were leather and she said yes and then I spoke too the manager and she also said they were .

sorry , second post..

my wife picked up the car2 days later and brought the car home , i was shocked to see they had put in the look like leather vinyl seats .. I rang them up and got onto the manager and she told me yes this is leather , i said no it was vinyl and she told me it was Toyota version of leather. I rang my lawyer and he told me i would not have any chance of getting my money back.....has anyone else been cheated from big companies

Consmer Protection Board: http://www.ocpb.go.th/

Complaint form on the right.

But will hang on if you can proof they told you it was genuine leather, you saying so will not be enough.

i have the receipt and it says leather thanks

My leather arm chair cost 18k. I don't think real leather for a car is anything less than that .

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

But will hang on if you can proof they told you it was genuine leather, you saying so will not be enough.

Go get 'em Tiger!

Lol, right. Waste 3 months of you life going to Thai govt offices and photocopying your passport all day, to end up with nothing. lol

i too think its more of a language issue than anything else. 18k thb for leather seats isnt it obvious enough?

Sure it are always language issues.

Same like the other member who ordered a Ranger to be informed 6 months later that his deposit was gone and his order invalid.

Language issues

Or the member who ordered windows for his house which were wrong installed but the installer insisted that everything was alright and demanded payment

Language issues

Go get 'em Tiger!

Lol, right. Waste 3 months of you life going to Thai govt offices and photocopying your passport all day, to end up with nothing. lol

I recovered over 300.000 Baht from 4 different companies with the help of the board of consumer protection.

Those companies were wasting my time for several months already, it took only a few days for them to agree after the board of consumer protection was involved.

They didn't take a copy of my passport once.

Go get 'em Tiger!

Why be instantly negative and pesamistic.

I don't know about Toyota, but I once contacted the Honda national office in Bkk, because I was very unhappy with the result of big money spent to completely rebuild the air-con in my son's Honda car, and the local Honda service centre wouldn't respond with any straight answers.

The national Honda office (Thai lady, very pleasant & professional, spoke perfect English, good listener) called me within one hour of sending my e-mail, and she asked lots of well focused questions.

One hour later she called again, offering an arrangement for a person from the Honda HO to pick up the car at our condo (at our convenience) with guarantee that car would be returned the same day with new parts installed etc., and guarantee that the work would return the air-con to new condition.

The work proceeded a couple of days later, car was returned to our condo personally by the manager of the same service centre, highly embarrassed, extremely apologetic, almost in tears.

Thai lady from HO called early evening to check we were satisfied. We were very satisfied.

Somehow I'm guessing Toyota would have something similar, or ...

I'm also aware (from own and friends experiences) that car companies in Australia often need a shake up from HO to get them to give decent service and I'm guessing the same situation is true in many western countries.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

It's going to be about semantics then - genuine, synthetic, art, etc. sad.png

It's very likely to be a terminology issue.

Here in the car industry, when you say leather seats (เบาะหนัง),

generally, it can be made from either genuine or synthetic leather

(as opposed to cloth ones, you know...),

Unless it's specified as genuine leather (เบาะหนังแท้ั), people would expect

to get synthetic leather in most cases. Good luck for the complaint though.

Edited by patri

• 5 months later...

sorry , second post..

my wife picked up the car2 days later and brought the car home , i was shocked to see they had put in the look like leather vinyl seats .. I rang them up and got onto the manager and she told me yes this is leather , i said no it was vinyl and she told me it was Toyota version of leather. I rang my lawyer and he told me i would not have any chance of getting my money back.....has anyone else been cheated from big companies

For leatherseats, you dont go to Toyota. You go the en upholstery shop. They can do real lether from 10- to 20'k, depend on the quality you choice.

Dont understand why not use local small business, instead of dealership. I'm not even sure if the dealership do it by them self. I guess they bring the seats to a upholstery shop as well.