International Internet Banking

Bangkok Bank deals with all in-bound foreign banking transactions and therefore you will get your money quicker than if you used any other bank.

You will have no problem transferring funds in electronically from your European account (SWIFT code and Acct No) but no Thai bank will allow you to do the reverse unless you obtain permission from the Ministry of Finance.

I use HSBC and hold 2 accounts on in Thai Baht and one in AU$. This way you can hold most of your currency in you own currency and transfer it to the Thai Baht as required.

If you need to transfer funds back to your own country then you still need to obtain permission but you are not going to be stung with unfavourable exchange rates.

I strongly recommend that you get a foreign currency account in Thailand.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Bangkok Bank deals with all in-bound foreign banking transactions and therefore you will get your money quicker than if you used any other bank.

You will have no problem transferring funds in electronically from your European account (SWIFT code and Acct No) but no Thai bank will allow you to do the reverse unless you obtain permission from the Ministry of Finance.

I use HSBC and hold 2 accounts on in Thai Baht and one in AU$. This way you can hold most of your currency in you own currency and transfer it to the Thai Baht as required.

If you need to transfer funds back to your own country then you still need to obtain permission but you are not going to be stung with unfavourable exchange rates.

Hope this helps

I tried bankok bank and no can do for a european. I think americans are only allowed this.

Hope this helps

I tried bankok bank and no can do for a european. I think americans are only allowed this.

You need to give us more information - what is it they cannot do?

As long as you have a Thai bank account they will accept a transfer in from any bank (well probably) so it then depends if you are able to transfer over the internet with your European bank - nothing to do with the thai bank as such. (As long as mentioned above you are not trying to transfer out from the Thai account).

You may also get a better response if this subject was moved to the banking forum?

Edited by topt

You don't need the Thai bank permission.

You only need your European bank to have this online option, then you fill in your Thai bank account details (SWIFT, Name, etc), and it should go through in 2-3 days.

I've done it many times to my Kasikorn Bank account.

I use bank Ayudhya (krung Sri) transfered from Nat West online. I think you will find they give the best exchange rate of the Thai banks. I suggest you check exchange rates from the banks before you open an account.

I do not think Bangkok Bank handle all foreign currency exchanges as suggested, only for themseves not other banks in Thailand (as it reads).

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

I use Nationwide International to transfer to my Kasikorn account, I do the request online and it arrives in my Kasikorn account the next day and occasionally the same day.

It costs £20 per transaction plus a fee of .25% to Kasikorn, minimum fee of 200 or 300 Baht and a maximum of 500.

You don't need the Thai bank permission.

You only need your European bank to have this online option, then you fill in your Thai bank account details (SWIFT, Name, etc), and it should go through in 2-3 days.

I've done it many times to my Kasikorn Bank account.

Soomak is right, you only need a Swift Code (http://www.thaivisa.com/thai-bank-swift-codes.html)

and

Account Nr:

Full English Name (as the receiving Bank has it in their system, if not correct it can take longer for the money to arrive)

City.

Hope this helps

As long as you have a Thai bank account they will accept a transfer in from any bank (well probably) so it then depends if you are able to transfer over the internet with your European bank - nothing to do with the thai bank as such. (As long as mentioned above you are not trying to transfer out from the Thai account).

You may also get a better response if this subject was moved to the banking forum?

im sorry you dont seem to understand my question. Im talking about internet banking, not bank transfers!

Hope this helps

im sorry you dont seem to understand my question. Im talking about internet banking, not bank transfers!

Then I suggest you restate your question as to exactly what you are trying to achieve because so far 9 replies have all said the same thing.

Also look at the first line of your OP to see why we have all replied re bank transfers rolleyes.gif

As far as I can see we are all talking about Internet Banking.

I know I am.

Yes but I have a feeling the OP wants to use a Thai bank to pay European bills or something - it would help if he clarified what exactly he is trying to do.

As far as I can see we are all talking about Internet Banking.

I know I am.

Yes but I have a feeling the OP wants to use a Thai bank to pay European bills or something - it would help if he clarified what exactly he is trying to do.

Yep as that is not what he asked.

Hope this helps

Just guessing, but ....

Do you mean ?

A ) Europe -> Thailand sending money via Internet Banking

B Thailand -> Europe sending money via Internet Banking

Hope this helps

I quite often get money TT (Telegraphic Transferred) to Thailand into the Bangkok Bank via the Westpac Bank in Australia. By TT your money you get a better rate. Insist that your bank TT CASH and that they do not convert the money before it leaves your country.

Bangkok Bank now want you to send all International Transaction to them via a SWIFT Code and to the bank your account is held at. ie- Bangkok Bank, Big C Extra, 2nd Road, Pattaya. (SWIFT: BKKBTHBK)

If you want to minimise fees; open a paypal a/c in your own country and one in Thailand.

Transfer from your home bank to paypal; then transfer from pay pal to your pay pal Thailand; then transfer that to your Thai bank.

Time consuming but fees are minimal.

If you want to minimise fees; open a paypal a/c in your own country and one in Thailand.

Transfer from your home bank to paypal; then transfer from pay pal to your pay pal Thailand; then transfer that to your Thai bank.

Time consuming but fees are minimal.

Fees are minimal but you end up worse off due to paypal's very poor exchange rates.

Not 100% sure I'm on the right line but I use Kasikorn Internet Banking and can access it anywhere (i.e. in UK or Thailand) and can send money directly within Thailand and overseas from the web.

Are you saying you have a transfer link on your Kasikorn Internet Banking account with a UK account, from which you can "pull" money into your Kasikorn account simply by logging in on-line?

Or are you saying you can log into your UK account, and have them wire money to your Kasikorn account by merely filling-in on-line a template of some sort? (The latter is the only method I'm aware of...)