Russian Stabs Two Security Guards Outside Insomnia Pub In Pattaya's Walking Street

Rimmer

Russian stabs two Security Guards outside Insomnia Pub in Pattaya’s Walking Street

russia-31.jpg

PATTAYA:--Following an altercation inside the Insomnia Pub located in Walking Street, South Pattaya, early on Thursday Morning, a Russian Tourist was ejected by Security Guards who were then challenged to a fight outside of the club. The fight took place and the Russian, who was found to be carrying a packet of Marijuana in his trouser pocket, is alleged to have produced a knife and stabbed both guards. All this taking place inside Pattaya’s Tourist Safety Zone which some now suggest is not working.

All three men were taken to Pattaya Memorial Hospital where Police caught-up with the alleged attacker and knife-owner Mr. Pavel Bobrakov aged 29. He had sustained multiple head and upper-body injuries in the ensuing fight but his condition was described as not serious by Doctors.

The two Security Guards, Khun Anusorn aged 33 and Khun Danai aged 29 sustained stab wounds with Khun Danai sustaining a stab wound to his stomach. It was determined the stab wounds were non-life threatening.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/66480/russian-stabs-security-guards-insomnia-pub-pattayas-walking-street/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Christ alive - that Russian looks in a bad way in the photo. Must remember never to go near Insomnia - maybe I'll stay clear of the Safety Zone an all.

Looks like high Season is going to be busy in the casualty wards - its just like being back home in the UK sad.png

In fairness. this is a sign of progress. Two years ago, the Russian would have been beaten to a pulp, and would have depended upon the charity of passersby in order to get to the hospital.

Those bouncers are a mean crew, and there are roaming Thais who love to beat up anyone who has been ejected from the bars and gogos.

Too true. Whilst the Russian will certainly pay for his error at least he gave a bit back to those thugs who call themselves security at Insomnia.

In fairness. this is a sign of progress. Two years ago, the Russian would have been beaten to a pulp, and would have depended upon the charity of passersby in order to get to the hospital.

Those bouncers are a mean crew, and there are roaming Thais who love to beat up anyone who has been ejected from the bars and gogos.

Not that I needed any further reason to stay the <Snip!> outta Pattaya! That sealed the deal my friend!

Edited by metisdead

Not that I needed any further reason to stay the <Snip!> outta Pattaya! That sealed the deal my friend!

Ya, everyone stay away!. Everyday I have to dodge ravenous security guards from beating me up anywhere I go in Pattaya. The owners of Insomnia know it is bad business to beat up foreigners, this guy must have been somewhat in the wrong to deserve getting thrown out.

• Like 2

The Russian was evicted and challenged the guards to a fight outside of Insomnia. So the guards left their place of employment went into the street to engage in a fight.

It appears in the photos that the idiot Russian received an extreme beating that he may have deserved. With two on one, the typical style of fair Thai dog pack fighting, maybe the stupid Russian was defending himself from attempted murder by the two security guards.

The two security guards should also be charged with attempted murder as well as the Russian. Let the court decide if there was any self defense or not.

JFC............how is it that nowadays you have loads of people,not only in Thailand but also in the West that have the need to carry a knife ?!?!

Its the most mean and ugly weapon there is and people who carries it in the streets should be executed straight away IMHO coffee1.gif ..................

JFC............how is it that nowadays you have loads of people,not only in Thailand but also in the West that have the need to carry a knife ?!?!

Probably because most places wont tolerate the carrying of swords any more ;)

But to the incident in discussion, all far too trite

Ruskie gets the mandatory & arbitrary beating that these pack dogs routinely hand out

Only he's a bit more of a handful than the usual doleful falang and is sporting a little cutlery too

So he comes off second (as always) but makes the victory a little too costly for the bold securithugs

Enter the BIB/Press/et all

& the scenario undergoes an immediate osmosis into some sort of challenged duel (which seems to make all good apparently)

oh

& finally not forgetting the ever so convenient appearance of a little bag o' weed (which of course will up the inevitable pay off figures dramatically)

It will be interesting times indeed if ever the marauding Ivans adopt the same pack presence with these excuses for security staff :)

• Like 1

I am not sure on what basis the police have deemed the two security guards to have not been at fault. Surely that is for the court to decide? Also we don't know whose knife it was. Finally the bag of weed is almost certainly a plant. It reeks of Thaksin's war on drugs when police murder victims were routinely shown on TV theatrically grasping planted bags of speed pills and rusty old .38s from the police station's own cache of unregistered weapons. If the Russian had really used the weed, he is more likely to have just made the peace the sign at the thugs and wandered off to Pizza Hut to feed his munchies. Anyway why would he be so stupid as to carry a large bag of it around while out partying? Was he rolling up in the discos? I doubt it.

Edited by Arkady

Its the most mean and ugly weapon there is and people who carries it in the streets should be executed straight away IMHO coffee1.gif ..................

When people carry a knife, the reason they always give is that it is for self defence, absolute bullshit, if someone attacks you and you try to defend yourself with a knife, you have to be very close to your'e attacker for it to be effective. If anyone is carrying a knife, they are doing so because they intend to use it, and it should be automatic jail if caught carrying one, and that applies to any country.

The two security guards SHOULD have walked back into the club and away from any further trouble once the 'trouble maker' was evicted and then this would never have happened. The security guards had done their job and should have left it at that.

When people carry a knife, the reason they always give is that it is for self defence, absolute bullshit, if someone attacks you and you try to defend yourself with a knife, you have to be very close to your'e attacker for it to be effective. If anyone is carrying a knife, they are doing so because they intend to use it, and it should be automatic jail if caught carrying one, and that applies to any country.

???

Your point being?

The nature of an attack is such that in all likelihood it will be close n'est pas?

Plus carrying ANY weapon for self defence is a waste of time n effort if you DON'T intend to use it, no?

I will say though that the drawback in using a knife for defence is that it's damage usually only manifests its effects on the recipient(s) well after the fight is over (as graphically shown in the Ruskie's injuries here). Big on damage, small on stopping power.

^^^

I agree (with pattayadingo) but proper security training is not common. On the other hand there are abusive, aggressive and drunk Russians apprehended daily in Walking Street and I am prepared to believe a challenge was made by the guy in question and that is not something anyone should do anywhere here with young Thai males.

Edited by petercool

Never mess with Asians in a fight, especially on their own turf. Sure, beat the two guys but they have backup all up and down the street. There's no such thing as 1 on 1 unless you're in a ring. Why risk getting hurt when my buddies can help me out? On the street, regardless if it's by 1 or 20 guys, if you get beat up, you're the loser.

^^^

I agree (with pattayadingo) but proper security training is not common. On the other hand there are abusive, aggressive and drunk Russians apprehended daily in Walking Street and I am prepared to believe a challenge was made by the guy in question and that is not something anyone should do anywhere here with young Thai males.

I also agree with pattayadingo's comment, and find the above comments rather interesting coming from a TPV.

Since when does walking back into the club after doing their job require proper security training?

You are prepared to believe a challenge was made by the guy in question based on other Russians being apprehended in Walking Street for antisocial behaviour. Isn't this both typecasting the guy in question, and, "guilty until proven innocent"? Nice attitude.

Will the guy in question be charged based on police beliefs, or might they actually look for facts, proof, or evidence? No need to answer that one!whistling.gif

It also sounds rather like your accepting the behaviour of young Thai males by your last comment. The two, "security gaurds" in question are not that young and should be trained to some degree, so should be able to show some restraint.

Firstly, I am not TPV and secondly proper security training teaches restraint and thirdly I am quite entitled to be prepared to believe what I like just as you are. If I was involved in any police enquiry into this, which I am not nor will be, then I might indeed look deeper into the issues but right now I am just having an opinion.

Edited by petercool

arrest-4.jpg

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 495 posts

Posted 2012-10-14 21:02:44

star_big.png

POPULAR

I was there and can be seen in the background of pics. The reality was that he was kicking, trying to bite, cursing and generally making it very difficult to restrain even with all those involved in subduing him. That was inside the station. What it took to get him there can only be imagined. It is not apparent from the pics but he is a very large, powerfully built guy and anywhere else in the world he might have been tasered or gassed. The motorcycle guys did not try to kick him but tried to restrain him. That's all. No bullying or undue force. Just what was necessary to bundle him into cells. When there he made more trouble with Thai prisoners and got a few smacks by them before being isolated where he ranted and raved some more.

Edited by petercool, 2012-10-14 21:04:35.

So this wasn't you then?

The Two Security Guards were deemed not to be at-fault despite the injuries sustained to Mr. Bobrakov. bah.gif

There you are - the police carefully considered all the facts and evidence and made a balanced and professional decision. Security guards Thai, victim agressor Russian . Thai no fault.

What nonsene, Gun crime is rampant in some countries. Those with strict gun laws have knife problems, those with strict knife laws, have blunt weapon problems etc etc.

Until society can protect everyone, people should have a right to defend themselves and their families, which includes the use of weapons. Many countires deny that basic right to citizens yet fail to adequately protect them. Criminals, mindless thugs, addcits, gang members, all have weapons and will use them.

Quite frankly, if 2 bouncers were hammering me, I use whatever I could get my hands on to stop them, if I could.

• Like 1

I've carried knives for self-defense, along with other weapons. And that is exactly the reason. Yes, it is a close quarter weapon, and therefore only used if someone is invading your personal space and inflicting violence, which might be life threatening, on you or your family. Some places are simply not safe and you need to take sensible security measures. Laws in most countries provide for apprporiate self defense.

However, going out "tooled up" to nightclubs is another matter. Weapons and alcohol are not good mixers in any country.

The "lets send everyone to jail brigade" are fine, until they're on the floor having the crap kicked out of them by half a dozen drunk idiots; or they find a couple of intruders in the home at night.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

In my opinion if you need to carry a weapon to go out to a night club it reflects your mentality .

TROUBLE looking for somewhere to happen.

On duty in several Countries I carry weapons ,legally , in Pattaya or anywhere I am on vacation I carry a smile.& hide my cash.

If you look for trouble you will find it , if you make a challenge you have to accept ALL consequences .

Part of my Philosophy for what it is worth.

thumbsup.gif

I think that's a sound philosophy sir! So many people look for trouble and / or act in agressive and challenging ways; and then wonder why they found it.

Guards just need to remember/hope not to beat the wrong Russian guy(s). They might come back later to remind why it's not a good thing to mess up with Russians. And such a kind of reminder ends up always pretty ugly way... crazy.gif ...where ever you are, your own country or outside.