Where Do You Learn More About Photography?

cdnvic

How do you learn more about photography?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I once knew a guy who’s outward manner, appearance and distinctive lack of style gave no hint that he made his living as a photographer. By crunching numbers, focusing on formulas, angles, composition, lighting, and running the data through PS, he produced technically exacting and commercial images.

I have heard some argue the camera is a distraction or impediment to living and experiencing life. If you are lugging around a truck load of equipment, they may have a point.

For me photography is light and effortless as I carry with me a compact point and shoot. It is all about what I see and how it makes me feel and is most often just a byproduct of what I happen to be doing. Taking pictures can modify how one looks at things, sometimes bringing focus and clarity to the often chaotic blur of existence.

I treat photography the same way I have treated learning to ride a bike or motorcycle, surfing or sailing, balancing or juggling. Feel and instinct over theory and instruction. My results may not be as good as others but it is more about the experience than the end result for me.

This is an explanation of what I mean by trail and error.wink.png

• Like 2

I have heard some argue the camera is a distraction or impediment to living and experiencing life. If you are lugging around a truck load of equipment, they may have a point.

I think it depends on what (subject) and how (technically) you choose to photograph. Some forms of photography and some subjects require a "truck". Sadly, for me, my back and my wallet, I am a trucker ;+)

Edited by Whale