Demonstrators Told To Confront Police

Lite Beer

"We saw some of this in 2010, the involvement of the men in black was related to competition between different factions in the army."

Did we really see this ? MiB part of an opposing army faction, nothing to do at all with 'peaceful protesters' ? Are we in the same or a parallel universe ?

In fact, I already documented on here - almost two years ago now - the involvement of serving military officers, including senior class 10 generals in the conflict. I suspected that they were secretly directing the protests. Whilst Prin was heavily involved with strategy, it would've taken someone who actually had experience in directing special forces around that ran the MiB, hence I suspected Panlop. The involvement of these people is partly due to long-term association with Thaksin (hence the class 10 involvement) and also due to the ascendency of the Burapha Phayak faction and Prayuth over the Wong Thewan faction. Prin for instance, was in line to be army commander before the coup. They just used Seh Daeng as a decoy, it was convenient for him to be involved because it detracted attention away from them. But he wasn't commanding anything, apart from a few street toughs who admired him.

Anyway, my assertions about their involvement were later confirmed in this article by John Cole and Steve Sciacchitano in Asia Times online: "The same senior military sources say that three potential senior team leaders have already been recruited to join the war room, all of them Class 10 classmates of Thaksin and all veterans of the 2010 red-shirt secret command. They include General (retired) Phonchai Kranloet, Lieutenant General (retired) Manas Paorik, and Lieutenant General Prin Suwanathat, the cousin of new minister of defense Sukamphon." (See the article entitled: 'Thailand's Thaksin Prepares for War').

This morning reading this post I think I saw a link which is now missing (post edited by Emptyset it says). When you search where the quote comes from you will see it relates to new rather than old developments. Also very interesting ones, from the 18th of Feb, 2012:

"Whether the announced red-shirt demonstrations are planned to pre-emptively take control of Bangkok's streets ahead of a possible new crisis, or plotted as a defensive strategy to counter any move by the military or anti-government protest groups, the war room's creation signals the seriousness with which Thaksin views the potential for renewed open conflict."

http://www.atimes.co...a/NB18Ae03.html

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic