Why Wait 3 Up To 4 Month Ordering A New Car In Thailand?

Sandman77

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many people that have financed cars that have received checks.

Now, does anyone personally know anyone who was supposed to get a check for the tax rebate, but received less than they were entitled to?

Dave did they get 100% of the money due after the first 12 months?

Answer a question with a question?

I think if you read post #55 it is clear what I said but I still don't know if you know anyone who got 100% of what they were owed on a financed auto.

I went through this with two people. Both have paperwork stating they will receive 20,000 after the first year. One will receive her check on Jan 21, so I will be happy to come back to confirm that at that time.

I went through this with two people. Both have paperwork stating they will receive 20,000 after the first year. One will receive her check on Jan 21, so I will be happy to come back to confirm that at that time.

Was 20,000 the total owed for the rebate or a percent of the rebate with the remainder due at a later date?

This article fits quite well ("Spending beyond their means"):

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/People-spending-beyond-their-means-30195097.html

"A number of people have been spending beyond their means," NESDB deputy secretary-general Suwannee Khamman said yesterday, adding that one of the factors behind this overspending was the government's policy to offer tax rebates to first-time car buyers.

According to her, the number of personal loans taken to purchase vehicles has jumped by 33.6 per cent between July and September when compared to the same period last year, while the number of loans taken for new homes has soared by 10.3 per cent. Loans taken for other types of products/services have also risen by 30.3 per cent.

read

Was 20,000 the total owed for the rebate or a percent of the rebate with the remainder due at a later date?

I've read no reports that the rebate would be paid in installments on financed cars. If this is the case, I'd say the majority of people will not buy a car under these circumstances and then also be forced to keep it for 5 years. Only the wealthy can buy a car outright, and this seems at odds with the original intention of the program - to give the less wealthy a chance to own a car.

read

I've read no reports that the rebate would be paid in installments on financed cars. If this is the case, I'd say the majority of people will not buy a car under these circumstances and then also be forced to keep it for 5 years. Only the wealthy can buy a car outright, and this seems at odds with the original intention of the program - to give the less wealthy a chance to own a car.

Actually the question was for Bonobo because he said he knew two people who will receive a check for 20,000 baht. I have not read any articles where people only get 20,000 either have you?

I was not responding to post #55, it is irrelevant. Now, do you (or anyone) personally know anyone who was supposed to get a check for the tax rebate, but received less than they were entitled to?

I was not responding to post #55, it is irrelevant. Now, do you (or anyone) personally know anyone who was supposed to get a check for the tax rebate, but received less than they were entitled to?

I don't know because it has not been 5 years since they purchased the auto. That's what I wrote before. They were expecting the whole amount but only got a percent after 12 months.

Now you wrote, " I know many people that have financed cars that have received checks." My question to you was and is, did they receive 100% of what was owed after 12 months?

Getting back to the topic of "why wait" ....

A major contributing factor to the waiting game is that Thai new car dealers rarely carry stock.

In the US, it is considered normal ... in fact, "ideal", for dealers to carry 60 days or more of inventory. Obviously the US market is much much more competitive, and US dealers need to have stock on hand to make a sale, or risk losing the sale to another dealer/brand.

In Thailand, it seems that OEM's and their agents have all gotten together and decided that not carrying stock is cheaper, and thus, better for everyone (except, of course, consumers). Thai consumers have gotten used to the idea of putting in an order and waiting in the queue.

Getting back to the topic of "why wait" ....

A major contributing factor to the waiting game is that Thai new car dealers rarely carry stock.

In the US, it is considered normal ... in fact, "ideal", for dealers to carry 60 days or more of inventory. Obviously the US market is much much more competitive, and US dealers need to have stock on hand to make a sale, or risk losing the sale to another dealer/brand.

In Thailand, it seems that OEM's and their agents have all gotten together and decided that not carrying stock is cheaper, and thus, better for everyone (except, of course, consumers). Thai consumers have gotten used to the idea of putting in an order and waiting in the queue.

Toyota Deeyiam Ubon do carry stock of sorts. Remember when l bought my ride they had a few to drive away but they were all <deleted> silverbah.gif , ''I DONT WANT SILVER'' l said, they were most surprised as everyone buys silver. Waited a month for the blue colour run. thumbsup.gif

• 2 months later...
Because there are too many people buying new cars because they want to get the 100,000฿ rebate before the government offer expires.

If you ask the salesmen there might be cars available with no wait, where someone paid the ordering fee (10k or so) and ordered but then changed their mind. You don't get to choose the customizations, but you also don't have to wait. This is what we did, as 3-4 months was too long to wait

Exactly how I ended up getting a new car, not really the color I wanted but new car in 5 days.

I'm wondering what customizations you talk about. I'm under the impression everything comes in a package based on the model of car. Sure, they offer floor mats and chrome exhaust pipe extensions and etc but I don't see much else.

Would you please enlighten me?

TIA.

Because there are too many people buying new cars because they want to get the 100,000฿ rebate before the government offer expires.

If you ask the salesmen there might be cars available with no wait, where someone paid the ordering fee (10k or so) and ordered but then changed their mind. You don't get to choose the customizations, but you also don't have to wait. This is what we did, as 3-4 months was too long to wait

Exactly how I ended up getting a new car, not really the color I wanted but new car in 5 days.

I'm wondering what customizations you talk about. I'm under the impression everything comes in a package based on the model of car. Sure, they offer floor mats and chrome exhaust pipe extensions and etc but I don't see much else.

Would you please enlighten me?

TIA.

Sounds like he means you have to be flexible, e.g. accept a different colour than your first choice, maybe even no A/T.

The SME Bank just asking the gov for money due to its stated assets having 40% non performing loans on the books shows how well the thai economy is doing lol. My brother in law is an Ag bank employee and is seeing the rice crop fiasco draining their assets needing constant injections of cash from the gov. The crash is coming and will be greatly accelerated in 2015 due to asean agreements which will see many multinational companies no longer playing the thai game thru the rotten foreign business act when trade and tariff barriers will come down allowing them to move their businesses to more business friendly countries, cheaper labor and better employees. Anyone who believes anything from thai gov officials is seriously deluded.

The SME Bank just asking the gov for money due to its stated assets having 40% non performing loans on the books shows how well the thai economy is doing lol. My brother in law is an Ag bank employee and is seeing the rice crop fiasco draining their assets needing constant injections of cash from the gov. The crash is coming and will be greatly accelerated in 2015 due to asean agreements which will see many multinational companies no longer playing the thai game thru the rotten foreign business act when trade and tariff barriers will come down allowing them to move their businesses to more business friendly countries, cheaper labor and better employees. Anyone who believes anything from thai gov officials is seriously deluded.

Any connection at all with 3-4 months wait for a car?