Out Of Curiosity Question!

samuijimmy

The difference is between images uploaded to Thaivisa as an attachment and images that are off site linked via the Image icon. The Thaivisa software converts the uploaded image internally to thumbnails. Off site linked images have to be auto-resized by the browser. Unfortunately for some reason IE and FF do not do this on Thaivisa even though autosizing is enabled in them. Chrome does do it properly.

Using this method, the images are not thumbnailed.

post-566-0-33539600-1354237654_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tywais, ....

oh! I use FF guess it ain't going to work for me then... oh well .... I was just curious! wink.png

• 2 weeks later...

Tywais has the answer, though I have never had a problem with Firefox.

The approach you take depends on where you keep your photos?

If they are on a site like Flickr then you can link.

If you keep them on your own PC then you need to attach.

For attaching, you need the full editor function

then use the Browse and then Attach functions at the bottom of the page

Lets see if I can help here too .... Don't feel too bad DAL, I've been at this for years and still get stuck with some of this stuff... blink.pngsmile.png

Some of it is easy to do once you figure it, but it is hard to explain exactly how to do it... rolleyes.gif

Firefox does not seem to be the problem, for sure... although I have no idea about Lunix .... (I'm a Mac guy, but PC pretty much same same)

I think first you need a program to down size some of your images you want to upload... to the forum... or as Astral says use Flicker, which is a part of Yahoo, personally I don't like Yahoos' flashing ads... and I am not sure if Flicker down sizes automatically when uploading to their site. (???)

Picasa which a part of Google, is a free program, you can edit images, down size by using the export feature and upload ... it's after the uploading it's then easy to copy and paste to the forum.... (took me a while to figure that !!) Fortunately for me I had a large number of photos already uploaded on my free Picasa site, ..... starting from scratch is going to be a little bit tedious for you. w00t.gif

Alternatively, using the Picasa program, you can use the method Astral has shown in post number 3... but you need to down size larger images first.... (I use 1200 pixels) For that I put them into a New folder I call "Upload"

With that method it shows a thumbnail on the site, which will open when clicked....

Whether Picasa (Gmail) or Flicker (Yahoo) you'll need to open an email account in the name of the service you choose!

Currently to I am playing with Light Room, which has it quirks too, but I think not a good idea for you to go there (yet) whistling.gifwink.png

Why not use this page to do some test uploading ??? Practice makes perfect sometimes! laugh.png

Here is a link to Picasa for Linux

http://www.afterdawn...a_for_linux.cfm

Have a read there....

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask more questions!!! wai2.gif

• Like 1

Lets see if I can help here too .... Don't feel too bad DAL, I've been at this for years and still get stuck with some of this stuff... blink.pngsmile.png

Some of it is easy to do once you figure it, but it is hard to explain exactly how to do it... rolleyes.gif

Firefox does not seem to be the problem, for sure... although I have no idea about Lunix .... (I'm a Mac guy, but PC pretty much same same)

I think first you need a program to down size some of your images you want to upload... to the forum... or as Astral says use Flicker, which is a part of Yahoo, personally I don't like Yahoos' flashing ads... and I am not sure if Flicker down sizes automatically when uploading to their site. (???)

Picasa which a part of Google, is a free program, you can edit images, down size by using the export feature and upload ... it's after the uploading it's then easy to copy and paste to the forum.... (took me a while to figure that !!) Fortunately for me I had a large number of photos already uploaded on my free Picasa site, ..... starting from scratch is going to be a little bit tedious for you. w00t.gif

Alternatively, using the Picasa program, you can use the method Astral has shown in post number 3... but you need to down size larger images first.... (I use 1200 pixels) For that I put them into a New folder I call "Upload"

With that method it shows a thumbnail on the site, which will open when clicked....

Whether Picasa (Gmail) or Flicker (Yahoo) you'll need to open an email account in the name of the service you choose!

Currently to I am playing with Light Room, which has it quirks too, but I think not a good idea for you to go there (yet) whistling.gifwink.png

Why not use this page to do some test uploading ??? Practice makes perfect sometimes! laugh.png

Here is a link to Picasa for Linux

http://www.afterdawn...a_for_linux.cfm

Have a read there....

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask more questions!!! wai2.gif

wai2.gif

On advice from previous posters I opened accounts with Corbis, but have no idea how to upload my photos into it, so then I opened another account with Google + (plus) and same thing, don't know how to upload my photos.

I tried searching on both sites but found nothing.

Now I will give this Picasa thing a go and get back........wish me luck, I need it.

I have an followup question. Is it possible to set the attached image to be shown as 100% page wide, instead of the thumbnail?

Which Program are you using?

This might answer Rsquared's question above, more than yours! (missed that!)

In Picasa you have several options to the size you want the image... I generally use 1200 px for uploading to to Picasa Web albums. I think a case of not making too large for uploading!!!

You use the export on Picasa, to put in to a folder on my computer (that will create a thumbnail, if you upload to say Thai Visa...) which when clicked will open larger size....

If you take the image of your Picasa Web album site, then you copy image and then paste it to TV .... Probably the same with Flicker. (Huge amount of free to use space with Picasa, they have increased in the last year or two)

You can make your images to show Private to those who have link, or Public which means anyone can view...

Google plus, I have not quite figured out yet... blink.png

I am clueless trying to do screen shots, which might help so the process!! rolleyes.gif

I have an followup question. Is it possible to set the attached image to be shown as 100% page wide, instead of the thumbnail?

Using Thaivisa's upload attachment feature it is not possible as the board software auto thumbnails the images. The only way to get full size images displayed on the forum is via the Image button and URL to off site linked image.

Using Thaivisa's upload attachment feature it is not possible as the board software auto thumbnails the images. The only way to get full size images displayed on the forum is via the Image button and URL to off site linked image.

Ok, thanks. Then having multiple size thumbnails would be an feature request for the next forum software release :)

Samuijimmy: Thanks for your answer. That was more for Rsquared but good to share the information anyway. I'm using Picasa and picasa web albums to manipulate and store my photos.

I'm using Picasa and picasa web albums to manipulate and store my photos.

You can link your picasa web album photo to here with the Image button. Pretty sure that is what Samuijimmy is doing. That will give you the full size image. One of the picasa share features is selecting display resolution and 800 wide would be an appropriate size for most cases.

Thanks for your help Samuijimmy...I have been playing around with Picasa, stumbled a few times and not sure if I am doing it right. So please bear with me gents, I am trying a test run here with my quad bike.

Cheers.

https://picasaweb.go...563737057162674

No, looks like that didn't work, sorry about that will try again later.

Cheers.

Edited by Rsquared

I'm using Picasa and picasa web albums to manipulate and store my photos.

You can link your picasa web album photo to here with the Image button. Pretty sure that is what Samuijimmy is doing. That will give you the full size image. One of the picasa share features is selecting display resolution and 800 wide would be an appropriate size for most cases.

Now don't get me confused ...again .... .blink.png .biggrin.png ....

I've got this down pat now, I copy the image (most of mine are set at 1200) from Picasa web album, by right clicking, then paste to the forum... I don't use the image button, above... But use the add Attach files button if taking off the computer, but I downsize them first... and hope to remember where they are parked!!! rolleyes.gifw00t.gif

As no doubt everyone has noticed many from 2010, with the "copy right" year although some of the images are a lot older than that!!!

Last year I had bad eye problems, to do much on the computer, so it is a case of catching up to upload new batches to Picasa Web Albums... glad they have increased the "free storage' now..... thumbsup.gif

Edited by samuijimmy