Girls With Poor English

payak

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did we get from discussing the pros and cons of a lady's English ability to talking about arranged marriages ... ohmy.png

No thread ever stays on topic!

PS

My wife now speaks better English that Payak, only took her a year or two.

(And she's almost finished high-school ....... next, Payap Uni in CM, if I have my way.)

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

......... we are all smart guys yes.

Some of us might be.

and some of us may be habitual trolls, marrying after 3 weeks to a woman with no english, lol.

thought i had seen it all, i say that everyday in thailand.

^^^ Because payak, who is 100% comfortable in his totally English speaking relationship, can't seem to get his head around the fact that others are managing exactly the same way.

BTW, a friend of mine married a deaf-mute BG. He is WELL sorted!

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

^^^ Because payak, who is 100% comfortable in his totally English speaking relationship, can't seem to get his head around the fact that others are managing exactly the same way.

what are you talking about, im talking about 2 people who cannot communicate, how on earth can you say they are managing, let talk honestly please no one likes bs

Although my wife speaks pretty good English and I understand a fair bit of Thai i'm not sure its all that important. If I want a deep and meaningful conversation on something I have a fair few good friends around or this wonderful invention called skype. You don't go to micky D's when you want som tam do you, so you learn to get what you need from different places imo.

• Like 2

Although my wife speaks pretty good English and I understand a fair bit of Thai i'm not sure its all that important. If I want a deep and meaningful conversation on something I have a fair few good friends around or this wonderful invention called skype. You don't go to micky D's when you want som tam do you, so you learn to get what you need from different places imo.

depends, when you go to one of those restaurants do you just sit and stair at the wall or what.

communication is the foundation of any relationship.

depends, when you go to one of those restaurants do you just sit and stair at the wall or what.

communication is the foundation of any relationship.

I can speak Thai and she can speak English, like any couple you learn each others language over a few years.

(PS. stare = fixed look, stair = something you step on)

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

i think the touchy responses show that not many people have a partner who can speak, why else would the cages be rattled.

Can't comment on that because as I said my wife speaks pretty good english and my Thai is ok. We also get on very well and have a lovely kid, so to be honest I don't give a rats ar*e how others may struggle.

i think the touchy responses show that not many people have a partner who can speak, why else would the cages be rattled.

No rattled cages here ... though I do believe that the OP is talking with himself rather then engaging in dialogue with the Members responding.

Just saying like ... biggrin.png

• Like 2

I agree we have 8 of our female staff with excellent English skills. If some one was to suggest its because they are ex BG or must of had a Farang ptr, they will tear them a new bunghole.

Being Southern Thai women mostly from Nakon Si or surat, and from Humble beginnings it would be a mistake they would make only once smile.png

Edited by stiggy
  • Like 1

Now tell us all what an educated Thai lady wants from a poor Australian high-school drop-out?

Now tell us all what an educated Thai lady wants from a poor Australian high-school drop-out?

Something Different ?

what are you talking about, im talking about 2 people who cannot communicate, how on earth can you say they are managing, let talk honestly please no one likes bs

It's NOT bs. I was with him when he met her at the Marine Disco in Pattaya in 1984. He lives and works in Thailand, has a family and is also a member of this forum.

He doesn't post much though as he has better things to do.... like communicating with his wife.

My gf's smile says a thousand words to me ... wub.png

aww you are a romantic. That's so cute. You little love bunny you.

Unless she has the teeth bad teeth and you are contemplating some dentures........

Mate ... you are a legend. We have to leave the Farm today for the big smoke and would have completely forgotten about visiting the dentist, had you not mentioned it ... clap2.gif

And to think that some members questioned your nomination for Thai Visa Poster of the Year ... w00t.gif

Anyway, why is it all about 'Girls With Poor English' anyway? If the OP wants the socially inadequate, sartorially inelegant, folically challenged and more rotund members who have ex BG-s for partners to 'fess up as much, what about the girls with poor German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, etc, etc.? Why limit the hate to the English speakers?

• Like 1

if a young lady has poor english,german,danish,french etc etc,but knows all the words for more carnal interactions in those and many other languages,i would hazard a guess to say,she may have worked in the farang physical entertainment industry.

perhaps sign language is the way to go,almost standard worldwide.

i am sometimes interested in how couples who speak mainly in pidgin thai/english do communicate,i have heard mixed couples talking in pidgin english,when it is neithers first language.

... i am sometimes interested in how couples who speak mainly in pidgin thai/english do communicate,i have heard mixed couples talking in pidgin english,when it is neithers first language.

OK, that's you and the OP interested. Anyone else?

Those that chose to sit in restaurants and ponder on other couples staring at walls with an obvious inability to communicate. Is this because you have nothing to talk about with your own partner? Maybe you are dining alone? I reckon it's the piss poor restaurant service myself.

My wife spoke english ,as did her sister and her two brothers none are bg"s her four nephews and nieces that live in bkk speak english,so does the little girl in our street and the two little boys ,i dont think they are bgs(to busy in school) many of the Thais in our village speak passable english as well ,you would be suprised how many educated Thais do ,its a way to get a good career , you dont have to be a bar girl to speak english(but i am sure it helps) personally before i married i prefered the ones that didnt as it wasnt the conversation i was looking forbiggrin.png

Edited by thenervoussurgeon

Heres a novel idea from way out left field, if unhappy with the level of English spoken by a partner in Thailand how about learning Thai? Told you it was a crazy idea.

I have seen many girls, even those with poor english refuse outright to speak or teach thai to their western partners

Pathetic really

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

... i am sometimes interested in how couples who speak mainly in pidgin thai/english do communicate,i have heard mixed couples talking in pidgin english,when it is neithers first language.

OK, that's you and the OP interested. Anyone else?

Those that chose to sit in restaurants and ponder on other couples staring at walls with an obvious inability to communicate. Is this because you have nothing to talk about with your own partner? Maybe you are dining alone? I reckon it's the piss poor restaurant service myself.

not that interested