Girls With Poor English

payak

Thai girls need to learn English if they want to have relationship, sorry if that upsets some but its true. I have the money she does not, she wants some relationship and a better life, she has to move more than me, I am the piper, if you get my drift. There are lots of girls where I am who would love to speak to me but cannot because they dont speak my language, all they can do is pour my Chang or Leo and smile, thats what my wife tells me anyway. I taught her English, to swim and look at things from a non Thai way, in return she teaches a bit of Thai.

You only have to look at everyday Thailand to see the amount of English that is mixed in with the local life and ask why does she not understand a bit more? Look at the road signs and the products on sale that are half in English, it is to her advantage to make a bit more of an effort esp with Asean coming up fast it will be more so for Thailand.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to the end of page5 and got bored ... does the tone change in the later pages?

You must have the constitution of an ox....page 2 was enough for me......the ox had been there too....the whole thread was splattered in it. <yeeeeawn>

My friend found his girlfriend on the internet, he speaks ZERO Thai, and she spoke ZERO English, a translator helped her get together with my friend. She is from Isaan. They met, they smiled, and communicated with gestures, and my friend thought, this is love.

They are actually still together, after 6 years. I don´t know how they manage to do it, but somehow, it seems to work for them.

she wants some relationship and a better life, she has to move more than me, I am the piper, if you get my drift. There are lots of girls where I am who would love to speak to me but cannot because they dont speak my language, all they can do is pour my Chang or Leo and smile

Dude, you sound absolutely awesome!

Are you like a celebrity or something, or are you just an delusional average joe?

• Like 1

You are too judgmental!

And you judge everything by Christian Victorian morality. Saying things are different in Thailand isn't 'slagging off nigh on every aspect of Thai society', but acknowledging that difference. Morality is different, lying is not bad, having multiple partners is not bad, etc. You don't seem to understand anything about Thailand, it must be really hard here for you, bet you are looking forward to leaving. I feel sorry for you.

Strange then that it is me who feels sorry for you.

Mate, I've read your stuff and you sounds like a really good bloke.

But you is said yourself that you is 45 and single and you ain't got no bird and you ain't even got no kids and you ain't never even been married.

So this Tomas Physics teacher bloke is one up on you. Innit.

And he's probably some posh geezer with a well good brain and a good bird and kids. Know what I mean?

But you ain't got shit. Same as me. Know what I mean?

Yeah I suppose if a man measures his worth by the ability to put a ring on a woman's finger and ejaculate inside her without a condom.

Don't know where it's written that a man has to get married and have children to be "worth" something but quite a few posters consider my choices to be anathema.

I guess I can appreciate that many of them were raised at a time when Western societies expected certain things; school, career/wage slavery, house/mortgage, marriage, kids, mid-life crisis and, finally, divorce.

I've just managed to swerve the last four and my life is just swell but hey, if you think that a good income, the company and pleasure of a handful of women when you feel like it, the comfort of solitude when you don't and, of course, the sheer financial joy of an alimony-free existence means I "ain't got shit", perhaps your pidgin-English post really is reflective of your intellect.

Know what I mean?

• Like 1

You are too judgmental!

And you judge everything by Christian Victorian morality. Saying things are different in Thailand isn't 'slagging off nigh on every aspect of Thai society', but acknowledging that difference. Morality is different, lying is not bad, having multiple partners is not bad, etc. You don't seem to understand anything about Thailand, it must be really hard here for you, bet you are looking forward to leaving. I feel sorry for you.

Strange then that it is me who feels sorry for you.

Mate, I've read your stuff and you sounds like a really good bloke.

But you is said yourself that you is 45 and single and you ain't got no bird and you ain't even got no kids and you ain't never even been married.

So this Tomas Physics teacher bloke is one up on you. Innit.

And he's probably some posh geezer with a well good brain and a good bird and kids. Know what I mean?

But you ain't got shit. Same as me. Know what I mean?

Yeah I suppose if a man measures his worth by the ability to put a ring on a woman's finger and ejaculate inside her without a condom.

Don't know where it's written that a man has to get married and have children to be "worth" something but quite a few posters consider my choices to be anathema.

I guess I can appreciate that many of them were raised at a time when Western societies expected certain things; school, career/wage slavery, house/mortgage, marriage, kids, mid-life crisis and, finally, divorce.

I've just managed to swerve the last four and my life is just swell but hey, if you think that a good income, the company and pleasure of a handful of women when you feel like it, the comfort of solitude when you don't and, of course, the sheer financial joy of an alimony-free existence means I "ain't got shit", perhaps your pidgin-English post really is reflective of your intellect.

Know what I mean?

You missed the male bonding experience of finding a woman you don't like and buying her a house.biggrin.png

• Like 1

How did we get from discussing the pros and cons of a lady's English ability to talking about arranged marriages ... ohmy.png

He's always got a hidden Agenda to his OPs,which translated is: my Wife/GF is the most wonderful creature on the planet,everybody else have got problem woman,because i'm a young handsome man,and only get the best.Shortly he will be on the: Old man Young woman theme.

Don't encourage him,this is only another Post of the same ilk!

• Like 1

Funny how most ladyboys have a great commend of English but men/ladies, not so. Perhaps the ladyboys have to try harder to be accepted?

Even the lady boys in kindergarten (Anuban) speak better English. I was amazed at the little kids speaking ability with no English spoken at home. It was my experience that the lady boys were always the teachers pet's (not in a bad sense but helped the teachers with classroom maintenance and such).

"there seems to be an overwhelming belief here that thai girls that speak English are BG or have had previous relationships."

Well, don't know about that. But I believe that westerners who speak bamboo English amongst other westerners have been around bargirls too long.

Has the OP ever been in a relationship with a woman who does speak perfect English? Trust me it's not all that great!

I have only heard two women speak what I consider perfect English. Queen Elizabeth and my grandmother. Although I really loved granny and liked her cooking I don't think she would have been a lot of fun on a date.

so what most of you are saying is talking to your wife well is not important, that you can use sign language and other things instead.

good communication is not important as long as you are still together and how dare payak raise the issue.

I thought the days of sitting around the fire pointing at your food and grunting was left behind in the prehistoric era.

There is no way you can truly claim to know a person if you cannot converse with them,no way.

Knew a guy who'd been married over twenty-five years. Great wife. Both spoke same native language. Both educated. She was a lay reader in their church. He'd been a board member for ten years, and a deacon. Four kids. Great family, did everything together.

Until that day the FBI came to church and arrested him for 13 murders. He was convicted on all counts.

His wife said, "I guess I never really knew him."

blink.png

How did we get from discussing the pros and cons of a lady's English ability to talking about arranged marriages ... ohmy.png

He's always got a hidden Agenda to his OPs,which translated is: my Wife/GF is the most wonderful creature on the planet,everybody else have got problem woman,because i'm a young handsome man,and only get the best.Shortly he will be on the: Old man Young woman theme.

if i have a hidden agenda i'm not exactly 007, because i'm pretty in your face about what i think right.

hence the reason I am often banned and am back on here again today after 4 days, hardly hidden, what you read is what you get so dont think to much.

if I want to discuss whatever it is you think i'm discussing you will know, it will be up in lights, loud and clear.

so what most of you are saying is talking to your wife well is not important, that you can use sign language and other things instead.

good communication is not important as long as you are still together and how dare payak raise the issue.

I thought the days of sitting around the fire pointing at your food and grunting was left behind in the prehistoric era.

There is no way you can truly claim to know a person if you cannot converse with them,no way.

Knew a guy who'd been married over twenty-five years. Great wife. Both spoke same native language. Both educated. She was a lay reader in their church. He'd been a board member for ten years, and a deacon. Four kids. Great family, did everything together.

Until that day the FBI came to church and arrested him for 13 murders. He was convicted on all counts.

blink.png

and this is so common right, so its better if we cannot speak, because sitting next to your wife, saying nothing, just sitting there like a grinning fool is far better.

and this is so common right, so its better if we cannot speak, because sitting next to your wife, saying nothing, just sitting there like a grinning fool is far better.

Your wife stays at home and looks after the babies, you have dinner with your gik (or mia noi).

Sorry, forgot you're not in Thailand, bad luck!

if i have a hidden agenda i'm not exactly 007, because i'm pretty in your face about what i think right.

hence the reason I am often banned and am back on here again today after 4 days, hardly hidden, what you read is what you get so dont think to much.

if I want to discuss whatever it is you think i'm discussing you will know, it will be up in lights, loud and clear.

'..often banned'? Don't kid yourself. You just get suspended. Nothing exceptional there. Take your own advice and don't think too much.

Sent from Nakhon Nowhere with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.

Edited by NanLaew

blink.png

If he is grinning then he is surely happy and where he wants to be. Your wife lives with you in Australia, right ?.

blink.png

If he is grinning then he is surely happy and where he wants to be. Your wife lives with you in Australia, right ?.

off coarse she does,

Yes, but another thing

if you do speak reasonable Thai to most Thai person, they often think because you speak good Thai it must mean you either been married to a Thai woman or had many Thai girlfriends..actually this is hard to deny when you think about whistling.gif

In the same way i do believe if a Thai girl speak VERY good English she either have a lot of experience with farang..marry or live with farang or.....

amazing many time it does walk, talk and quack like a duck but still the farang cant see!!

Why then there are so many girl who work in good jobs here,banking and other professional work in Thailand, been to good University here but still cannot speak any dot of English?

Yes, there are the one that study in western country, have work in legit tourist or big international business or very good study but it is rare..even rarer that this type would want to hang around the average farang who be washed up in Thailand and must be English teacher rolleyes.gif

yes the shoe on the other foot,my thai is ok ive learnt not to converse in thai when i meet a new gf,when you do they assume you have been married or had many gfs, which seems to put them of,my current gf god bless her thinks im a very smart man i pick up thai really quick.
  • Like 1