How Much Of An Age Gap Is Too Much?

fish fingers

Everyone knows and has for years. What amazes me is that you don't know we know. The only people I have ever met who don't know the old guys know are young guys who post on Thai Visa.

I'd stop short of saying everyone (humans are capable of astonishing self-deception and denial) but I think the gist of your post is probably right: the average old dude with a much younger wife who is with him for reasons not entirely about lust or romantic love knows what's going on and presumably counts himself lucky that it is.

It's the young guys who seem to have a hard time working out something which is really quite simple.

I agree with you. What the young guys don't seem to get (and this has been raised ad nauseum) is that the old guys don't give a dam_n why their young wife stays with them. If it's for the money, so what? All this rubbish about old guys thinking that their 25 year old girl friend is with them for their good looks and charm, is exactly that. Rubbish.

ok then, if all the old timers know the girls are using them, why do they go to pieces when its pointed out.

then deny it.

Edited by payak

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows and has for years. What amazes me is that you don't know we know. The only people I have ever met who don't know the old guys know are young guys who post on Thai Visa.

I'd stop short of saying everyone (humans are capable of astonishing self-deception and denial) but I think the gist of your post is probably right: the average old dude with a much younger wife who is with him for reasons not entirely about lust or romantic love knows what's going on and presumably counts himself lucky that it is.

It's the young guys who seem to have a hard time working out something which is really quite simple.

I agree with you. What the young guys don't seem to get (and this has been raised ad nauseum) is that the old guys don't give a dam_n why their young wife stays with them. If it's for the money, so what? All this rubbish about old guys thinking that their 25 year old girl friend is with them for their good looks and charm, is exactly that. Rubbish.

Does this mean, then, that an older man doesn't have the right to get pissed off if his financially-compensated wife/girlfriend is "unfaithful" with a younger man?

Edited by HardenedSoul

I would agree with that. If there is obsession about this topic it is with our younger members as the old guys figured it out eons ago. When I was 25 I was attracted to 25 year old women. I haven't changed I still like 25 year old women at 65 and I'm sure I will at 85. One of the keys to success is consistency in any endeavor.

The young guys who are 25 will also still like 25 year olds when they are older. They may just not know it yet. I do like 30 year olds though. I find them a bit more relaxed with life.

But the young guys believe, the 25 year old chicks are exclusively reserved for them. And get quite aggressive if they experience that their "true love" chick prefers an older guy with higher status and/or money.

• Like 2

Does this mean, then, that an older man doesn't have the right to get pissed off if his financially-compensated wife/girlfriend is "unfaithful" with a younger man?

No problem, as long as she doesn't mind me buying a younger woman for the night.

(and reducing the wife/gfs compensation accordingly.)

I would agree with that. If there is obsession about this topic it is with our younger members as the old guys figured it out eons ago. When I was 25 I was attracted to 25 year old women. I haven't changed I still like 25 year old women at 65 and I'm sure I will at 85. One of the keys to success is consistency in any endeavor.

The young guys who are 25 will also still like 25 year olds when they are older. They may just not know it yet. I do like 30 year olds though. I find them a bit more relaxed with life.

But the young guys believe, the 25 year old chicks are exclusively reserved for them. And get quite aggressive if they experience that their "true love" chick prefers an older guy with higher status and/or money.

probably very true, i believe this would bother many young guys. seriously your right.

but i'm happy to see 2 people together regardless of age if there in love.

and if i lose a girl to an older guy over money she was not the kind of girl i would give a second glance so the old guy would be welcome to her.

because he would now have a girl with him for cash, good luck, it would free me up to find a nice girl.

Edited by payak

its liars i hate, why do people get angry here, if your relationship is legit you must not have an issue with this surely.

If you don't like liars then Thailand must be hard for you.

I am in a totally legit, financially compensated relationship.

She provides the housing and land, I provide the cash for those little luxuries (like a bit of meat with a meal).

and if i lose a girl to an older guy over money she was not the kind of girl i would give a second glance so the old guy would be welcome to her.

What if you lose a girl to an older guy over love?

Edited by TommoPhysicist

No problem, as long as she doesn't mind me buying a younger woman for the night.

(and reducing the wife/gfs compensation accordingly.)

at least tommo knows what they want, and what he wants,

its liars i hate, why do people get angry here, if your relationship is legit you must not have an issue with this surely.

She provides the housing and land, I provide the cash for those little luxuries (like a bit of meat with a meal).

thats why i live in Australia, also full of just as many liars, its not a thai problem only, but i stick to myself with my family.

and select few friends.

• Like 1

Any clown can get a financially-compensated girlfriend or wife in Thailand.

Nothing wrong with it but what's so laughable is that you hold it up as if it's some kind of achievement.

Nothing wrong with it but what's so laughable is that you hold it up as if it's some kind of achievement.

never claimed to have achieved anything, many have what i have.

i wish them all well, to think i see it as an achievment is strange, could you be thinking that because you aspire to acheive this.

Any clown can get an apartment in Asoke.

You spend your money how you like, I spend my money as I like. Same same, but different.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Who exactly is doing that? I don't see any evidence of it on post here.

ok then, if all the old timers know the girls are using them, why do they go to pieces when its pointed out.

then deny it.

Because we are sick of people like you forever pointing out the obvious.

• Like 1

I only see evidence of infertile clowns spewing tangible envy.

Very long gap like that can be possible but hard to believe this is purely love ,

I have seen once on the TV programme which the woman die and born again fall in love with the same guy so the has long gap but not more than 30 year , Notice ! On the TV

so even the movies the gap is still not too long like that case

Living together doesn't mean loving each other , I am not sure flower and butterfly love each other or not but they live together .

But the baby cow does not know hungry tiger.

On another thread, he cracked me up when he said something alone the lines of "I've got a woman; you haven't" as if he'd acquired his wife on the strength of his personality and/or his charm. Turns out he's basically paying for his company. I mean, what poor, cash-strapped woman in rural Thailand would pass up the opportunity to have the latest mod-cons and her bills paid even if her benefactor isn't cut from premium cloth?

I'll reiterate that, IMO, there is nothing wrong with what he's doing - each to their own - but to try to kid everyone that he's achieved something monumental by virtue of having a younger P4P bride is laughable. Call it what it is and no one will berate you. Crow about it on the other hand . . . . I sincerely have no interest whatsoever in what he does but if he puts his relationship out there and dresses it up as gold when, in reality, it's little more than scrap metal, he invites - and deserves - ridicule.

Any clown can get an apartment in Asoke.

You spend your money how you like, I spend my money as I like. Same same, but different.

Perhaps . . . if they've got the money but you're missing the point.

That said, shelter is a basic human requirement and my place is just that . . . a place to shit, sleep, shower and shave; not an achievement by any stretch. You'll not find me marauding through thread after thread telling anyone who'll listen what a notch I am because I get it free when the truth is that I'm actually paying for it. That is, in effect, what you do when you puff out your cyber-chest trying to convince everyone that you've got it soooooo right.

That said, shelter is a basic human requirement and my place is just that . . . a place to shit, sleep, shower and shave; not an achievement by any stretch. You'll not find me marauding through thread after thread telling anyone who'll listen what a notch I am because I get it free when the truth is that I'm actually paying for it. That is, in effect, what you do when you puff out your cyber-chest trying to convince everyone that you've got it soooooo right.

And in your opinion mating and reproducing isn't a basic human requirement?

• Like 1

A friend of mine does it regularly with the gf of an older guy. He cant satisfy her so she looks outside for fun. She just wants the money. My friend did not know this untill he saw her facebook page. Met the girl at the insomnia.

I have had a gik who also had an older bf she also liked fun. So i did not object to it. Not my problem if a girl is offering it. I dont go looking for it but if offered why not. Its their problem if not me then some one else. Many girls have thai "brothers" living close by.

Girls have their needs too just like guys.

So im sure it happens but there must be plenty who are faithful.

If i was the older guy i would mind its a bteach of contract.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

And in your opinion mating and reproducing isn't a basic human requirement?

Sure it is but it ain't a towering achievement when one considers that even sewer rats and cockroaches have kids, is it?

I can't think of any other poster who puts as much effort into dressing up what is essentially nothing more than an open-ended, reasonably-priced, financially-based relationship with a Thai woman who simply couldn't do any better and then has the cheek to wave it around like a trophy.

• Like 1

Had to delete a few posts by the OP.

1. You know how to type in proper English so do it. This is a forum, not an SMS message.

2. Insult other posters and your post goes in the trash. Other posters are being respectful of each other regardless of viewpoint so you can as well.

A friend of mine does it regularly with the gf of an older guy. He cant satisfy her so she looks outside for fun. She just wants the money. My friend did not know this untill he saw her facebook page. Met the girl at the insomnia.

I have had a gik who also had an older bf she also liked fun. So i did not object to it. Not my problem if a girl is offering it. I dont go looking for it but if offered why not. Its their problem if not me then some one else. Many girls have thai "brothers" living close by.

Girls have their needs too just like guys.

So im sure it happens but there must be plenty who are faithful.

If i was the older guy i would mind its a bteach of contract.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

It may cause some to look at me askance -- I guess I'd not blame them -- but back in the day (20+ years ago), when I was young, polite, very fit, not too bad looking and had a smooth way with words (in Thai), I was that guy they wanted for run rather often. I shagged many a sponsored girl.

Edited by SteeleJoe

I can't think of any other poster who puts as much effort into dressing up what is essentially nothing more than an open-ended, reasonably-priced, financially-based relationship with a Thai woman who simply couldn't do any better and then has the cheek to wave it around like a trophy.

CmKelly, BBKBK?

then deny it.

Ask yourself why you have such a major problem,with Older men and Younger women,if you are honest with yourself,you may be surprised at the answer, get over it, you will be old yourself one day.

• Like 1

If more than a fifty year difference, it might not be true love.

Even though the man is very hansum?

the elephant man is hansum when his pockets are full, brad pitt is ugly here when there empty.

unless its love they have.

Even as a joke it's totally wrong: a good looking guy -- like anywhere -- will still be attractive to women here even if he has no money. If he's young and charming? Even more so. (At least I doubt that's changed).

Assuming you can handle the competition from the Handsome Rich Old Boys!