The New Honda Brio Amaze

ThaiLife

Not sure if this has been posted rolleyes.gif , Ive just spotted that the new Honda Brio Amaze has just been launched in Thailand ,

Honda will be launching their new Brio Amaze sedan in Thailand on the 23rd November 2012 with a starting price of 455,000 THB . The top end variant of Brio Amaze sedan petrol will be priced at 523,500 THB . Thailand will become the first country where Honda will launch the Brio Amaze sedan. In India, Honda Brio Amaze is scheduled to arrive by April 2013.

In Thailand, Honda Brio Amaze will be available in four variants, Brio Amaze S MT, Brio Amaze S AT, Brio Amaze V MT and Brio Amaze V AT. The price of Honda Brio Amaze S AT is 494,500 THB and that of Brio Amaze V MT 484,500 THB . All four of these variants will be powered by the newly developed 1.2L petrol engine generating a maximum power of 90 bhp.

Honda says, "Brio Amaze offers driving fun for every mood. The 1.2-liter 4-cylinder 16-valve engine with 90 horsepower gives enough power, and fuel economy is excellent as the new 1.2-liter sedan can satisfy a wide and varied range perfectly." The new 1.2L petrol engine, Honda says, is specially developed for auto markets in Asia, especially Thailand and India.

60807767.jpg

xxotorexpo4.jpg

vtotorexpo23.jpg

po13v.jpg

v5po6.jpg

v5orexpo26.jpg

c4orexpo9.jpg

expo8u.jpg

2013hondabrioamazeunvei.jpg

datatab03.png

Price List http://www.honda.co.th/2012/firstcar/

https://www.facebook...158037371007574

http://www.thaibrioa.../board1/topic37

Any one thinking about buying a Honda Brio Amaze thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Great post, they're some really well-taken pictures and a nice graphic about the tax rebate; certainly puts the Bangkok Post's article about the Amaze to shame. I bought my City three years ago and I bet lots of people feel the same as I do when they look at the size of the tax rebate buyers are lucky to get this year...groan...

What's interesting is at this time, Honda is outselling Toyota at the show - I guess that is because of many new models being introduced. Also I notice about the rebates - for the honda city 559K model the rebate is 100K, but for the same priced suzuki swift, the rebate is only 79K. Is that dues to differences in excise tax between the two cars?

What's interesting is at this time, Honda is outselling Toyota at the show - I guess that is because of many new models being introduced. Also I notice about the rebates - for the honda city 559K model the rebate is 100K, but for the same priced suzuki swift, the rebate is only 79K. Is that dues to differences in excise tax between the two cars?

I'm guessing it might have something to do with the amount of local content and parts. The more "locally-made" it is the greater the discount?

Outside looks nice enough.. but inside the Amaze is horrible. Cheap and nasty.

sent from my Q6

True, but at that price point, and with the discount, it's hard to make a case for any of the other A segment cars, given the Honda badge and all that stands for.

True, but at that price point, and with the discount, it's hard to make a case for any of the other A segment cars, given the Honda badge and all that stands for.

That's pretty much what everyone expected (including Honda) when the Brio was launched, but not once has it got even close to challenging the March's sales numbers..

That's pretty much what everyone expected (including Honda) when the Brio was launched, but not once has it got even close to challenging the March's sales numbers..

Do you have current sales figures for the eco cars? Suzuki has made a lot of bookings at the show, even though the swift delivery time has blown out to a year. Mitsu and nissan have had more bookings but that includes all their models. I'm curious about the break down of sales figures; but can only find total figures for each brand on the motorexpo website.

That car should be called the Honda Amess. How many different colours do you need for an interior?? I quite like the Brio exterior styling, but that is awful.

If it was only the interior styling that was the problem, it wouldn't be so bad, but it isn't; the other problem with the interior is that the plastics have about the same feel of quality as a cornflakes box. Truly appalling. Quite how the salespeople keep straight faces when they show punters around this thing i don't know.

The Swift wins here easily.

Is that comparison fair though? Isn't the Swift price wise in a different, more expensive category?

The March, Almera, Brio, Amaze and the Mirage all have starting prices just over 400k. What is the starting price of the Swift? Thought it was at least 100k more.

Is that comparison fair though? Isn't the Swift price wise in a different, more expensive category?

The March, Almera, Brio, Amaze and the Mirage all have starting prices just over 400k. What is the starting price of the Swift? Thought it was at least 100k more.

The interiors are all similar though regardless of the spec. I we can safely compare top spec across the range, the swift is 559K; the others are less. The brio is 508K but cost cutting is evident. There is no real 'base' model in the swift, not yet anyway. If I recall the base manual is 467K or so. The thing about the swift is it was not specifically designed to be an eco-car for our market. it's the same vehicle, give or take, that's been running around the UK for a couple of years.

The interiors are all similar though regardless of the spec. I we can safely compare top spec across the range, the swift is 559K; the others are less. The brio is 508K but cost cutting is evident. There is no real 'base' model in the swift, not yet anyway. If I recall the base manual is 467K or so. The thing about the swift is it was not specifically designed to be an eco-car for our market. it's the same vehicle, give or take, that's been running around the UK for a couple of years.

Comparing top spec of those cars doesn't make much sense to me, because if you take say for example the top spec Almera, you are talking 600k, and that is well into City / Jazz / Vios money.

If you are correct in saying that the Swift starts at 467k, that is a lot cheaper than i thought and i retract my comment about the comparison of interiors being unfair.

Comparing top spec of those cars doesn't make much sense to me, because if you take say for example the top spec Almera, you are talking 600k, and that is well into City / Jazz / Vios money.

If you are correct in saying that the Swift starts at 467k, that is a lot cheaper than i thought and i retract my comment about the comparison of interiors being unfair.

I made an error, the base model MT is 429K, but the mid spec model is 467K. http://www.suzuki.co.th/webpage/swift/specification.html

600K is steep for a 1.2 almera. I think I'd rater get a city /jazz if you are going 600K+

The base model Mirage is 380,000b MT only (But you still get front electric windows)

The mid level is 425 thou MT and 460 thou CVT. both with ABS etc.

Slightly better value than the Swift ( and instock at many dealers)

I made an error, the base model MT is 429K, but the mid spec model is 467K. http://www.suzuki.co...cification.html

Thanks for the info and for putting me right. They are very competitively priced then. Great looks - not dissimilar to a Mini, and as has been pointed out, nice interiors. If it weren't for having the least appealing badge, in terms of depreciation anyway, then they would be walk away winners of this segment surely. Shame they aren't able to do something about the waiting times.

600K is steep for a 1.2 almera. I think I'd rater get a city /jazz if you are going 600K+

My thoughts exactly. Same goes for the Brio / Amaze / March / Mirage - much more than 550k and you might as well move up to a non-budget model, in my opinion.

The base model Mirage is 380,000b MT only (But you still get front electric windows)

The mid level is 425 thou MT and 460 thou CVT. both with ABS etc.

Slightly better value than the Swift ( and instock at many dealers)

Dropping the abs from the mid level swift was a major oversight, given its price.

I made an error, the base model MT is 429K, but the mid spec model is 467K. http://www.suzuki.co...cification.html

Thanks for the info and for putting me right. They are very competitively priced then. Great looks - not dissimilar to a Mini, and as has been pointed out, nice interiors. If it weren't for having the least appealing badge, in terms of depreciation anyway, then they would be walk away winners of this segment surely. Shame they aren't able to do something about the waiting times.

My thoughts exactly. Same goes for the Brio / Amaze / March / Mirage - much more than 550k and you might as well move up to a non-budget model, in my opinion.

I'm not sure resale would be all that bad, given the number of orders that have been made. Even some tents are asking 600K+ for the old model, and few are below 500K. My main worry would be, at the moment, some of the dealerships look bleak. I hope they are organising to employ more staff and mechanics before the 10K service:) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I like the looks of the swift the most, and loads of aftermarket parts are already available. But others can't wait a year, and will opt for other options such as the mirage.

I'm not sure resale would be all that bad, given the number of orders that have been made. Even some tents are asking 600K+ for the old model, and few are below 500K. My main worry would be, at the moment, some of the dealerships look bleak. I hope they are organising to employ more staff and mechanics before the 10K service:) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I like the looks of the swift the most, and loads of aftermarket parts are already available. But others can't wait a year, and will opt for other options such as the mirage.

Yes that's a good point. I think if you go for the base model, depreciation will be pretty negligible, even with the Suzuki badge, because no car younger than ten years or so goes for anything much less than 300k here.... even Proton's for goodness sake!

P.S. Your Suzuki links seems dead for me.

Yes that's a good point. I think if you go for the base model, depreciation will be pretty negligible, even with the Suzuki badge, because no car younger than ten years or so goes for anything much less than 300k here.... even Proton's for goodness sake!

P.S. Your Suzuki links seems dead for me.

That's the link to their website, it's working for meblink.png

• 11 months later...

How to you guys think the Mitsubishi Attrage compares with the Honda Amaze?

In my opinion, the Amaze is slightly more attractive, but only slightly.

The prices are not much different. Amaze is about 40k more before negotiations. Mitsubishi is a little more relaxed on negotiations, in my recent experience.

Is it worth buying the Amaze just to have a Honda? How much more reliable are Honda cars than Mitsubishi?

Who are these people who buy these eco-cars anyway?, 900 kg tin-cans with a crumple zone from from the front to the back, apparently folk who tend to prioritize 18km/l over family member's life. Very dangerous stuff given the Thai road conditions..

I see you Water Buffalo all over this forum,but you still did not get to the newest edition in ECO cars,which is Toyota Yaris.The price is very similar with the others,but even the 'lowest' priced model 469K,comes with ABS,dual Airbags and,of course,an AT....I've mention that before ones already,you should check this out wink.png

BTW,here are the October sales(BY Headlight's) of ECO cars...note that Yaris was just introduced that month...

post-60959-0-24068900-1385383294_thumb.j

Edited by funcat
  • Like 1

Who are these people who buy these eco-cars anyway?, 900 kg tin-cans with a crumple zone from from the front to the back, apparently folk who tend to prioritize 18km/l over family member's life. Very dangerous stuff given the Thai road conditions..

Maybe those that can actually drive and are aware of other drivers......................

Actually, I'm curious to know. When was your last accident? For me in was nearly 20 years ago, when I was a young lad driving faster than my talent would allow.

Many times on here I've read that they are dangerous if you crash, yes, granted, it wouldn't look nice vs a Fortuner, but how about just don't crash????

Most people consider themselves a defensive driver but that's not the point, it's the potential danger that someone else might be sleepy / drunk, tailgating, etc. and put your or your family in harms way . In that unlikely event I prefer to sit in something more solid than a < 1000 kg "car"

Maybe those that can actually drive and are aware of other drivers......................

Actually, I'm curious to know. When was your last accident? For me in was nearly 20 years ago, when I was a young lad driving faster than my talent would allow.

Many times on here I've read that they are dangerous if you crash, yes, granted, it wouldn't look nice vs a Fortuner, but how about just don't crash????