Russians Recover Stolen Bag From Beach Thief

Rimmer

Russians Recover Stolen Bag From Beach Thief

28.jpeg

PATTAYA:--Bystanders chased and caught a 25-year-old unemployed Thai man who had snatched a tourist’s waistbag on Pattaya beach. The bag belonged to a Russian couple who went swimming. The thief said his girlfriend was mad because he could not pay their rent, so he stole the bag.

PATTAYA – December 6, 2012 [PDN]; at 2:40 a.m., a report of bystanders capturing a thief who stole a tourist’s bag on the beach was received by Pol. Lt. Vitsanu Chaisuwan, Deputy Inspector, Pattaya police station, Chonburi province.

The man had stolen the bag of a tourist couple who went to swim in the sea near the Montien Hotel on Pattaya Beach Road. The thief had tried to run away to escape, but was captured in front of the Queen Pattaya Hotel on central Pattaya road.

Police arrived at the scene and found bystanders detaining the suspect, identified as Mr. Manus Khempech or J, age 25, from Nakornsawan province. Police seized the stolen evidence of a small black waistbag containing 460 THB cash, a mobile phone and personal documents.

After his arrest, Mr. Manus confessed to stealing the bag of the foreign tourists while they went to swim in the sea. He said that he had to make trouble because he was unemployed and had no money to use. Mr. Manus had gotten into a quarrel with his girlfriend because he had no money to pay for their room rent. So he made trouble because he wanted money to pay for the room rent for his girlfriend.

Mr. Manus said his girlfriend had kept walking on the beach while he went off to steal the bag, so she was not involved in the theft. After making trouble, Mr. Manus ran away to escape and was captured by the bystanders.

Full story:http://www.pattayada...om-beach-thief/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-12-06

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

"Bystanders chased and caught a 25-year-old unemployed Thai man who had snatched a tourist’s waistbag on Pattaya beach. The bag belonged to a Russian couple who went swimming. The thief said his girlfriend was mad because he could not pay their rent, so he stole the bag."

Agree with laurentbkk - did this guy ever think about helping his gf by looking for any job? Even working in a factory provides him more money than doing nothing.

"Bystanders chased and caught a 25-year-old unemployed Thai man who had snatched a tourist’s waistbag on Pattaya beach. The bag belonged to a Russian couple who went swimming. The thief said his girlfriend was mad because he could not pay their rent, so he stole the bag."

Agree with laurentbkk - did this guy ever think about helping his gf by looking for any job? Even working in a factory provides him more money than doing nothing.

And his girlfriend can go work as well. There are so many companies here in Pattaya cannot find people for work, but many Thais are looking only for the 'easy' way.

There are so many companies here in Pattaya cannot find people for work, but many Thais are looking only for the 'easy' way.

Really? Can you PM the list as I have a couple of Thai friends looking for work......

Hope the bystanders won't be fined for 'disturbing the peace' by chasing a perp through a public area. whistling.gif [This weak joke is a reference to the hotel guards who were fined for recently chasing Pat Molloy down Walking Street and some of the TV'ers who suggested that hotel guards had no right to chase Pat and his friends beyond hotel premises...]

i was watching some tourists swimming in pattaya and they were having a great time , yet they left their camera and bags on the sand and did not even look to see if they would be safe .when they got out I told them of the dangers , should there be signs on the beach area warning tourists?

• Like 1

There are so many companies here in Pattaya cannot find people for work, but many Thais are looking only for the 'easy' way.

Really? Can you PM the list as I have a couple of Thai friends looking for work......

Are you kidding me...are they at least educated enough to read Thai as there are signs at just about every restaurant, shop, and hotel in town looking for staff (both skilled and unskilled).

• Like 1

Are you kidding me...

Why would I joke about that?

Sorry I should of made it clearer. They are not ex-bar girls or ex-motorcycle taxi drivers.......

Edited by Para

At least the law works in Thailand.

I had my wallet stolen in Philippines and grabbed the girl who did it. After 6 hours at the police station was told I could only press charges if I was available for the court hearing in 4-6 weeks.

As I couldn't she was released without charge. To complete my perfect, wasted day as she walked out the station she gave me the biggest kick I ever had in my life, and I have played serious rugby.

Again I had the opportunity to press charges as most of Makati's finest were watching. Bear that in mind all of you who love to knock Thailand.

I am in bangkok and our factory always look for people and cannot find any ...... Maybe the salary expectation of your Thai friends is too high compare with reality.Thats why they cannot find any job. Remind me once a secretary applying for a job and asking for 3,000US$ monthly .

I pay 300 Baht for 3 hours work and I tried already 7 ladies. Mostly they quit because their buffalo is sick.

300 THB for 3 hours work and you have already had 7 people walk and you are derogatory about them refusing to be your slave?

I am in bangkok and our factory always look for people and cannot find any ...... Maybe the salary expectation of your Thai friends is too high compare with reality.Thats why they cannot find any job. Remind me once a secretary applying for a job and asking for 3,000US$ monthly .

In any country desired remuneration is based on education and experience isn't it?

You only need to walk around Pattaya to see many job vacancies in shops, restaurants, hotels. The problem is that in high season, the staff often disappear to work as prostitutes or rent boys because the money is better and the life easier. That's what a restaurant friend of mine told me.

i was watching some tourists swimming in pattaya and they were having a great time , yet they left their camera and bags on the sand and did not even look to see if they would be safe .when they got out I told them of the dangers , should there be signs on the beach area warning tourists?

Why should it have signs? Just use common sense and never leave valuables unprotected. I would never leave my wallet or camera unguarded anywhere.

At least the law works in Thailand.

I had my wallet stolen in Philippines and grabbed the girl who did it. After 6 hours at the police station was told I could only press charges if I was available for the court hearing in 4-6 weeks.

As I couldn't she was released without charge. To complete my perfect, wasted day as she walked out the station she gave me the biggest kick I ever had in my life, and I have played serious rugby.

Again I had the opportunity to press charges as most of Makati's finest were watching. Bear that in mind all of you who love to knock Thailand.

it works for that case but how many other cases doesnt work ? some friends had a car accident in pattaya few months ago , the truck didnt stop at red light and crush their cars ...well the police man said to my friends that he cannot do anything as the owner of truck was a very well know business man in pattaya ////

In any country desired remuneration is based on education and experience isn't it?

totally agree , but fantasy desire and reality are very different.

He said that he had to make trouble because he was unemployed and had no money to use. Mr. Manus had gotten into a quarrel with his girlfriend because he had no money to pay for their room rent. So he made trouble because he wanted money to pay for the room rent for his girlfriend.

I think I got the gist of it the first time.

Slave?? My girlfrind work in a restaurant and she earns 200 Baht + tip for 10 hours work. So why 300 Baht for 3 hours is a slave salary. We are here in Thailand...

And you are happy letting the world know you let your g/f work for that?

Yes we are in Thailand but is that any excuse for exploitation.

totally agree , but fantasy desire and reality are very different.

Agreed. The uneducated feel they are entitled to the same working pay/conditions as the educated.

Not always but by experience (I received many applicants for many various job) people with high education specially if they studied abroad think their value is more important than any one else , even without experience. Anyway not the place to start with this topic ..lets stick to this guy in pattaya .