Nothing Ever Turns Up In The Post In This Country

hotandhumid

Ok, I'm seething now. Unless you spend a small fortune and send packages with somebody like Fedex or UPS then forget about anything ever turning up.

Birthday gift sent from my Mother in England NOTHING. Birthday gift send from my wifes friend in Switzerland NOTHING

I can only assume these parcels are being stolen DISGRACEFUL

I can deal with my UBC magazine never arrivng but this is PERSONAL!

NOT happy

H&H

• Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never had anything go completely missing. Seriously delayed a few times but no, not missing. You might want to find out why, do you have your address correct? Can your post office read English? Maybe better to send them labels in Thai to stick on packages.

• Like 2

I have the opposite experience in that 99% of stuff sent to me does arrive.

You're lucky then because when your old Mum goes to the expense and the effort to buy gifts then post them off only for them not to arrive is extemely irritating to say the least.

Is stealing parcels part of the Buddhist culture?

• Like 2

been receiving packages via normal Thai mail from overseas for last 11 years, and cant remember an occasion the package didnt arrive eventually....are you sure its not your address that is to c*ck ?

No, she defo has the correct address.....I use to receive stuff but nothing gets here now. And as I say it hasn't just come from one person. Who knows why but it makes you lose a little faith. It's my daughters birthday tomorrow and now she hasn't got Nanny's gift, and it was sent over a month ago. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Upon realising that a credit card had mysteriously disappeared we made some investigations. The local posty has been seen holding envelopes up to the sun to guess at their contents. I now know why Thai envelopes are so thick.

We hired a PO box at the local head office, got labels printed with my address in Thai and English. Since then I get my mail. Mind you I also got somebody else's mail, I had to drive back with it.

Important stuff gets sent express and registered...

• Like 1

I'm another one with only good experiences of the Thai postal service. Over 20 years and only one things really gone missing and that coincided with a move. English shouldn't be a problem as I've had things sent to country areas and they do an excellent job.

Registered mail doesn't cost a lot extra and will give people a better way to follow up if there are delivery problems.

It's worth reporting to the post office. I remember a case a few years ago where people in a particular area were having problems and someone in the local post office was caught stealing things. They'll deal with it if that's going on.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

I fully sympathise with the OP.. in the past I've often had things sent from England go missing

now I ask that everything is sent by " International Signed For " its a bit expensive but at least stuff has allways turned up.

Maybe for presents ask for some money to be paid into your bank account, then go out yourself and buy the things in Thailand.

• Like 1

I fully sympathise with the OP.. in the past I've often had things sent from England go missing

now I ask that everything is sent by " International Signed For " its a bit expensive but at least stuff has allways turned up.

Maybe for presents ask for some money to be paid into your bank account, then go out yourself and buy the things in Thailand.

At last, I thought there would be some liled minded person

Funny enough, she said exactly that to me, money in the bank next time.

And as I say something posted from Switzerland not arrived either, not just from my Mum. It's disgraceful.

Oh, and did I mention my Mum DOES have the correct address.

Edited by sbk
flame removed

Only problem I've had being that often the mail gets kept in the main sorting office until they deem there's sufficient to be passed on. If expecting anything that's seemingly "overdue " I have to go search for it myself ....but the staff have always been helpful .

Why do people feel the need to post "Well I get everything delivered" type responses?

There is obviously a thieving little scumbag in operation at the OP's PO. I would get down there and demand to see a manager to sort this out.

Either that or the OP's mother is writing the address wrong tongue.png

(sorry)giggle.gif

Why do people feel the need to post "Well I get everything delivered" type responses?

There is obviously a thieving little scumbag in operation at the OP's PO. I would get down there and demand to see a manager to sort this out.

Either that or the OP's mother is writing the address wrong tongue.png

(sorry)giggle.gif

I guess people feel the need to respond with the "I get everything posts" because the OP is suggesting nothing ever turns up in "this country" unless it is sent Fedex. This is obviously not the case, surprised you had to ask.

I don't know why everyone is arguing with the OP. It's obvious that HE is not getting the mail. I think a lot depends on the local mail office. I've had mail go missing and I've also had it opened in transit, and not by Canadian post. but, with the local Post office I now use in Chiang Mai, I've never had anything go missing. I sure would not send anything valuable through mail and I'd certainly not send cash in an envellope. I think they have machines that can read if cash is in an envellope.

• Like 1

I don't know why everyone is arguing with the OP. It's obvious that HE is not getting the mail. I think a lot depends on the local mail office. I've had mail go missing and I've also had it opened in transit, and not by Canadian post. but, with the local Post office I now use in Chiang Mai, I've never had anything go missing. I sure would not send anything valuable through mail and I'd certainly not send cash in an envellope. I think they have machines that can read if cash is in an envellope.

Well he shouldn't be suggesting that nothing ever turns up by post in Thailand. I'm sure you will find complaints about missing mail in any country. There was a local postman when I lived in Darwin, Australia, who was too lazy to deliver so just dumped all his mail in the garbage.

Edited by giddyup