Thailand Based Success Stories

thaipro_pattaya

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started this thread not to boast about my own considerable success but to show others that making a good life for yourself in Thailand AND your family is possible.

OK, here a different kind of success story:

I made it from a junkie in a South-London squat to the head of a family and respected member of the community in the Northern Thai countryside. The only 'drugs' I indulge in these days are alc. and betelnuts( not joking). :D

My living standard in LOS is higher than it was in the UK, with only about 3hrs work/day (I am not a teacher). Plenty of time to surf the net, watch the animals play and the rice grow...

Do I have a business or propertry to brag about? - No.

Do I make enough to live on? - Yes.

Do I enjoy life? - Yes.

Thank you. :o

I made it from a junkie in a South-London squat to the head of a family and respected member of the community in the Northern Thai countryside. The only 'drugs' I indulge in these days are alc. and betelnuts( not joking). :D

My living standard in LOS is higher than it was in the UK, with only about 3hrs work/day (I am not a teacher). Plenty of time to surf the net, watch the animals play and the rice grow...

Do I enjoy life? - Yes.

That is quality. Well done, mate. I came from a council estate in Lewisham and, while I'm not as eminent as you, I have far exceeded my wildest childhood expectations. (The fact that I've never been to prison is a start).

A note to the OP: zzap is more of a success than you could ever be.

A positive attitude makes me a "troll" crawl back under your rock!

Alright then, I'll bite.

Sir, IMHO your attitude stinks. You probably have absolutely no idea who is on TV and whether or not they are successful. For all you know, each and every poster on this thread might be massively more successful than you could ever be - but they don't feel the need to tell the world how clever/rich/successful they are. You belittle teachers (I am not a teacher, BTW) and yet your command of the English language appears fundamentally flawed, judging by some of your posts.

You appear to judge success in purely financial terms, which IMHO is a sad error. Enjoy your wealth - it may be the only thing you have.

Your asinine comments about Brits are unevidenced, ill-educated and do a grave disservice to your fellow Americans. As for a positive attitude - you can have this without being braggardly or offensive.

I apologise to the other tv-ers for my rant, which is now over. And I still think the OP is a troll.

You can take the boy out of the council house, but not the council house out of the boy. Your attitude bites chump. I was born into a home with an unemployed father in the 30's so spare you working class boy made good routine for someone who cares.

Edited by thaipro_pattaya

You can take the boy out of the council house, but not the council house out of the boy. Your attitude bites chump. I was born into a home with an unemployed father in the 30's so spare you working class boy made good routine for someone who cares.

Q.E.D.

You mock me for my language skills ( I didn't go to university) but seem to like using words which don't exist:

unevidenced,braggardly etc

That coupled with your pretentious signature: "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing" Pastor Niemoller... Makes it seem that you could stand to benefit from a few training lessons from a self-styled Khao San Road ajarn. Good luck sad man

To the Op .. sorry but you are facing an uphill struggle here to convince anyone here that MONEY AND POWER count for anything

If you are so successful... then good for you.

are you gonna share all your secrets of success with us?

yeah sure you are gonna say "determination" which is an admirable quality.

When I started my business in the UK i was determined to suceed. If I did or not is my business, nobody elses. If I did I am not gonna brag about it, if I did not, I would not post for sympathy

Please bear in mind success is not measured by your wealth, if you care so much about what other people think of you then you are barking up the wrong tree on this forum.

For myself, you do't need to know if I am wealthy or not...

but am I happy.....Bloody right I am

Are you?

I started this thread not to boast about my own considerable success but to show others that making a good life for yourself in Thailand AND your family is possible. Many of the posts here seem to be of the doom and gloom variety and I simply posted to help and inspire others. And how are my efforts greeted? With insinuations and insults regarding my family and my own self made success. I thought Thai Visa was worth more than this.

Has it not occurred to you that many farang move to Thailand to escape the need to have 'considerable success' and to take life at a more leisurely pace? Good for you if you've made it but don't assume that others who don't emulate you aren't happy with their lot.

I started this thread not to boast about my own considerable success but to show others that making a good life for yourself in Thailand AND your family is possible. Many of the posts here seem to be of the doom and gloom variety and I simply posted to help and inspire others. And how are my efforts greeted? With insinuations and insults regarding my family and my own self made success. I thought Thai Visa was worth more than this.

Has it not occurred to you that many farang move to Thailand to escape the need to have 'considerable success' and to take life at a more leisurely pace? Good for you if you've made it but don't assume that others who don't emulate you aren't happy with their lot.

perfectly put Endure :o

Leave the poor guy alone, used car salesman are the pillars of honesty and decency in my book.

Success is all relative Pro, a small hotel in Pattaya may not be much to be so proud of, but for others it would be. Do you own the land and buildings in all your little businesses ?

Small hotels, laundries and a used car lot can all be had for small change. Something to crow about would be your own development on the beach, 15 floors, 200 rooms, pool, restaurant, beach girls etc.

Highly charged business acumen and spirit. Perhaps you would be more suited to the coaching seminar market where a sharp tongue can reel in the big bucks. Or even better how about an evangelist franchise.

You mock me for my language skills ( I didn't go to university) but seem to like using words which don't exist:

That coupled with your pretentious signature: "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing" Pastor Niemoller... Makes it seem that you could stand to benefit from a few training lessons from a self-styled Khao San Road ajarn. Good luck sad man

Sorry for the delay: I just popped out to be massively successful, earn an absolute fortune and bring world peace.

I would never mock anyone: you sought to belittle teachers of English, so I merely pointed out that their skills are of great value to us all, particularly me (although I'm afraid that unevidenced is a real word, although generally used with a hyphen, while braggardly is an alternative spelling of braggartly - but I didn't know this and admit to the spelling mistake. Sorry).

Pretentious - if you think so. Hey ho. I'll bet my dad was bigger than your dad.

I'm no psychologist, but your attack on English teachers shows the classic case of "self-righteous anger", needing to belittle others as your feeling somewhat inadequate yourself.

I's say it would be of a sexual nature :o Pattaya etc.

You must be 70 years old and a Pattaya girl hooked you. Just wait a couple of years and she will kick you out and keep ALL the things that you deem important in life. Then where will you be?

I have a success story in Thailand.

For years I was an alcoholic and drug addict, ripping people off and breaking the law.

I have now been off booze and drugs for years - have a good job for 30,000 baht a month, which more than enough to support my wife and daughter.

I enjoy life, think of others, and haven't been in a jail cell for many years now. I now have my own bed to sleep on and a roof over my head, which is a hel_l of a lot better than on a footbridge, or in the Eastern bus terminal in Bangkok.

I didn't manage this by sheer determination and willpower, by the way.

I have a success story in Thailand.

For years I was an alcoholic and drug addict, ripping people off and breaking the law.

I have now been off booze and drugs for years - have a good job for 30,000 baht a month, which more than enough to support my wife and daughter.

I enjoy life, think of others, and haven't been in a jail cell for many years now. I now have my own bed to sleep on and a roof over my head, which is a hel_l of a lot better than on a footbridge, or in the Eastern bus terminal in Bangkok.

I didn't manage this by sheer determination and willpower, by the way.

That's the kind of story that's worth reading. Whereabouts are you originally from, Neeranam?

You must be 70 years old and a Pattaya girl hooked you.
I am 68 years old. Just because some woman prefer the more accomplished, mature man is no concern of yours. It seems to be mainly semi-reformed drug addicts and criminals who a belittling my success and attempts to be positive. THAT says a lot. I am have a little saying: ONCE A JUNKIE ALWAYS A JUNKIE. I am sure the immigration and other authorities monitor this forum. I am sure they will be interested to see what scum has washed up in THEIR country and take action to remedy the situation. :o

That's the kind of story that's worth reading. Whereabouts are you originally from, Neeranam?

I'm from Scotland, mate.

I am 68 years old. Just because some woman prefer the more accomplished, mature man is no concern of yours. It seems to be mainly semi-reformed drug addicts and criminals who a belittling my success and attempts to be positive. THAT says a lot. I am have a little saying: ONCE A JUNKIE ALWAYS A JUNKIE. I am sure the immigration and other authorities monitor this forum. I am sure they will be interested to see what scum has washed up in THEIR country and take action to remedy the situation. whistling.gif

Do you believe in rehabilitation?

Should a drug addict be locked up for life?

You must be 70 years old and a Pattaya girl hooked you.

I am 68 years old. Just because some woman prefer the more accomplished, mature man is no concern of yours. It seems to be mainly semi-reformed drug addicts and criminals who a belittling my success and attempts to be positive. THAT says a lot. I am have a little saying: ONCE A JUNKIE ALWAYS A JUNKIE. I am sure the immigration and other authorities monitor this forum. I am sure they will be interested to see what scum has washed up in THEIR country and take action to remedy the situation. :o

My, what a charming chappie you must be in person!!

Seems Neeranam’s little dig was closer to the bone than you’d like to admit – perhaps even to yourself (Gertrude again - see earler Post!)?

I would also add that whilst Neeranam and I have crossed swords once or twice he has contributed significantly more to this Board – and probably to his adopted Country – than some pompous braggart full of self importance and wind whose sole source of enjoyment would appear to be counting his money in Pattaya.

Patrick

I'm from Scotland, mate.

I am 68 years old. Just because some woman prefer the more accomplished, mature man is no concern of yours. It seems to be mainly semi-reformed drug addicts and criminals who a belittling my success and attempts to be positive. THAT says a lot. I am have a little saying: ONCE A JUNKIE ALWAYS A JUNKIE. I am sure the immigration and other authorities monitor this forum. I am sure they will be interested to see what scum has washed up in THEIR country and take action to remedy the situation. whistling.gif

Most governments take active measures to stop alcoholics and drug addicts, even "reformed" ones, from working or retiring in their country. Don't believe me? Check the rules regarding retirement in the KoT. Your kind are not welcome here

ThaiPro has sunk to a level...well as low as a used car salesman usually goes.

Some woman also prefer the more accomplished older close to death gentleman for a reason !!!!!

By the way, does'nt one of your businesses make a living off of alcoholics ??

Edited by N&M

guess he forgot that :o

By the way Thaipratt , what's the name of your bar , just so I don't accidently spend any money there.

Edited by kurgen

I started this thread not to boast about my own considerable success but to show others that making a good life for yourself in Thailand AND your family is possible.

Do I enjoy life? - Yes.

Well done - a much better achievement than a boorish braggardly used car salesman running a laundrymat for those at the lower end of the income scale ;-)

ThaiPro has sunk to a level...well as low as a used car salesman usually goes.

Some woman also prefer the more accomplished older close to death gentleman for a reason !!!!!

Exactly mate - we will have to ask around for someone with the business profile of the above - there can not be too many in Patters

Accomplished older gentleman = alternatively not long to suffer the boorish fool and overbearing pronunciations of forcing my children to assimilate to his culture before we have it all and he has nothing.

I hate to be so cynical but the OP in this case is one of the very few people who deserves it but as they say, "What goes around comes around"

OK you got us - definately a troll now ;-)

I'm from Scotland, mate.

You- the junkie criminal, Steven Prowler- the pedophile boy abuser and Bangkok Phil the Brummie.

What a teaching team it must have been :o

I'll stick to my own calling thanks friend.

You- the junkie criminal, Steven Prowler- the pedophile boy abuser and Bangkok Phil the Brummie.

I thought you were above all the negativity and cynicism of the expats in Thailand thaipro_pattaya? Let me guess, someone else started it. :D

Edited by robitusson

for about 500 dollars a month, I live a simple happy life here in thailand.

the things I do include the following: bowling, working out at the gym, watching movies, hanging out at coffee shops, playing computer games, surfing the internet, hanging out with friends, and looking at girls.

I sleep when I want to sleep, and wake up when I want to wake up.

my favorite past time is lounging in this hotel lobby, shooting the breeze with buddies, and looking at pretty girls while I 'm doing all this.

every now and then, I go down to pattaya to hang out with buddies down there.

I don't have any debts, don't smoke, drink, gamble, or take drugs.

I laugh a lot, and enjoy the simple things in life. my goal is to get happy memories.

I feel like I have made it. so does that make me a success story?

To be a good Troll, you have got to stick to your story or way of writing.All scrotes usually cock up after a while...you just didn't take so long.

Your orig story was at best a stretch..using all the little things that you know will push a few buttons.Well done so far.The trick is to not let people know that you understand pommie culture...cause you being a yank :D , wouldn't know about brummies or Council Houses etc.

So congratulations so far.You are a real winner.Nice touch with Budd though..gave me quite a giggle. :D

haha: In your own way yes! thanks for contributing something positive.

chuchok: Britain's drive sapping "welfare state" is known about and decried the world over! I wouldn't give 60% of MY income to ANY government. And hey I live and work in Pattaya hard liquor sodden Brits from 'up north" are notorious to all.