Coffee Made From Thai Elephant Dung Sells For $50 Per Cup

Lite Beer

Isn't the point of the coffee beans from elephant or civet' s sh#t being the slow roast inside the intestine rather the quick high temperature roast that is common in most coffee that will give that burnt , bitter taste of less expensive coffees (hence the need for sugar to mask the burnt taste). If this is so, then why don't coffee bean roasters do a slow roast (maybe an 8 hour roast ) and improve the coffee ? Or am i missing the point and it is more important to show off that you are drinking hi-so expensive coffee sh#t.?

Isn't the point of the coffee beans from elephant or civet' s sh#t being the slow roast inside the intestine rather the quick high temperature roast that is common in most coffee that will give that burnt , bitter taste of less expensive coffees (hence the need for sugar to mask the burnt taste). If this is so, then why don't coffee bean roasters do a slow roast (maybe an 8 hour roast ) and improve the coffee ? Or am i missing the point and it is more important to show off that you are drinking hi-so expensive coffee sh#t.?

Yes, missing the point of the process, a coffee "bean" is the seed inside a small cherry like fruit, normally this ferments and then dries around the seed. The seed is then cleaned of the remnants, at this point it is green (unroasted), it can be shipped and stored long periods in this state. Roasting turns the bean black or brown. If an animal eats the coffee cherry without chewing the bitter seed, it passes through the gi tract whole and ready to germinate in a nice pile of fertilizer. The fermentation and husk removal is done in the process. So yes, this can be done by humans also, ...... my company is now working on feeding the coffee cherries to beautiful young virginal Burmese women, then collecting the beans, ready to roast. PM for investment opportunities.
  • Like 1

What next Humans eating Coffee Beans ....Then extracting them 24 hours later .......Ahhh what an aroma the coffee taste like ...bake beans toast and bacon with a touch of Prozac and Chilli pepper ....What a load of Crap,Dung Poo.number twos .what ..next ???coffee1.gif

coffee1.gif Would human passed coffee be like cannibalism? Would you taste it? Maybe it would be great? coffee1.gif

Please PM me with your post address. I am preparing some for you right now. And worry not, I started with only the finest beans. None of those force fed quality beans they shove down the throats of the Vietnamese civets. I eat only the finest. They should be ready for post first thing tomorrow morning.

Misses the point...

Kopi luwak (the beans of the coffee berries that have been eaten and excreted by Asian Palm Civets) are considered special, because of the small mammal's highly developed capacity to select only the finest beans.

I doubt that elephants "know" anything about coffee, never mind the practicality to pick the exact favoured bean with their trunk. blink.png

post-155923-0-10060100-1355200552_thumb.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

OK...this is has been heard of before except now that the price of a Buffy Dung

coffee is $50 a cup I'm starting to think...and that's dangerous.

I have a pretty much purebred Chocolate Lab...at least he looks like a

Chocolate Lab and has huge web feet and acts like a Lab...plus he shit's

heaps and fancies coffee beans (no shit!...errr...shit!)....My idea is to

market Mocha Labdung Coffee...or espresso...for $20 a mug! Seems

the name has a good ring to it...better than Buffy Shit coffee anyday.

Any ideas? Any pundits willing?

I imagine the digestinal properties of an elephant as being somewhat different to a civet. Compare a cow or camel with 4 or 3 chambered stomachs, who's to say 1 stomach is best, after all triple distilled whisky is usually smoother coffee1.gif

http://elephant.elehost.com/About_Elephants/Anatomy/Internal_Systems/The_Digestive_System/the_digestive_system.html

'Although they may consume much vegetation, not much of it is broken down in the process of digestion. As a result seeds and other vegetation pass though in a relatively untouched state, to the benefit of dung beetles and birds who feed off this nutrient-laden fecal matter.'

The distance people would go to make money for themselves! Inventing or should I say re-inventing any kind of commodities, services or products just to "succeed" in life. So much competition in this world now.If you don't join the race, you get left behind. However, after having said that, I'm definitely not going to down a glass of shit roasted beans!!

i think you got the concept wrong. there is nothing about slow roasting in the intestine but rather how enzymes are breaking down the coffee beans producing more amino acids. there are already existing methods that simulate a similar process.