Half Tank Petrol Gone After Starter Motor Replacement

julesdick

I think i know the answer to this but I'd like to defer to higher wisdom

Is there any way the garage that replaced my Toyota corolla's starter motor could need to use almost half a tank of petrol to do any kind of testing during the procedure? Or is it Thailand protocol that they should use my car to drive into city (15km each way) to buy parts etc? Even then they would struggle to use 500THB of petrol.

thanks

jd

Only half?

Lucky man!

If you bring your vehicle for service, respray, repair, whatever, take care the tank is nearly empty, the LPG is gone, lock the battery in place, take out the spare wheel and all personal things.

same is valid for your motorbike

Edited by hansnl

Only half?

Lucky man!

If you bring your vehicle for service, respray, repair, whatever, take care the tank is nearly empty, the LPG is gone, lock the battery in place, take out the spare wheel and all personal things.

same is valid for your motorbike

..and check all four tyres are the same as the ones you drove in on.

And people wonder why I'm so anal about doing all of my own mechanical work? passifier.gif Besides getting first rate repairs done in a second rate world I don't have any of these other worries or needs to be so preemptive and stressed in preparation..

• Like 1

I took my car in for something (can't remember) and reset the trip meter and noted the mileage, got the car back after the weekend and 120 km's had been driven. Someone had fun that weekend, and it wasn't me.

Bet they drove it like they stole it too...check how much rubber is left on the driven wheelslaugh.png

I took my car in for something (can't remember) and reset the trip meter and noted the mileage, got the car back after the weekend and 120 km's had been driven. Someone had fun that weekend, and it wasn't me.

Yeh, saw it at the drag strip. w00t.gif .....................................laugh.png

I don't think you'd have this problem if you went to the official dealership but I've always wondered how many wasy there must be to scam customers, the most common, if any, must be to use a lower grade of oil and charge for synthetic, how would you know?

Stand and watch them?

• 3 months later...

What is the point of noticing mileage, or taking photos? they will just laugh, who can you complain to?

• Like 1

I don't think you'd have this problem if you went to the official dealership but I've always wondered how many wasy there must be to scam customers, the most common, if any, must be to use a lower grade of oil and charge for synthetic, how would you know?

Stand and watch them?

If you don't know that drivers drive, then how do you know if they are changing the oil or replacing the filter?

Stand and watch them?
If you don't know that drivers drive, then how do you know if they are changing the oil or replacing the filter?
?????????????????

Stand and watch them?
?????????????????

Translation: if you don't know they're joy riding in your car, you probably also don't know whether they performed the work they're charging you for either.

• Like 1

I have a friend in Pattaya, had some of these problems happen with a close to new car.

Lots of time on his hands, now insists that he be with the car every second, staff have to show him everything before it's used, seal on oil container must be broken whilst he watches, staff have to break open the package containing the oil filters, etc.

My family had a very annoying experience with the tyre service company X XXXX.

Had a blow out, about 2 kilometres away from teir service centre, my adult Thai son found a brochure with the X XXXX tel no, called them, they sent a guy in a pick up who put the spare on our car, then we drove to their service centre to get a replacment new tyre put on the rim to replace the blow out tyre. All of the tyres had been replaced less than 3 months prior.

We decided to eat at Big C, in same compound. When we came back they had replaced every tyre on the car with new.

My son said immediately, 'take them off and put the old tyres back on'. They offered several further small discounts but my son insisted them put the old tyres back on, which they did.

They then presented the bill with a charge to for the on / off work. Son refused to pay it, and inisted on a bill for the one tyre plus fitting etc., to replace the blow out.

More insisting that we pay extra fees. Son called the police who did speak, on the phone, to the manager of the store.

Suddenly all extra charges dropped and a 25% discount on the blow out replacement.

What was also worrying was that all the mechanics / tyre fitters stopped working and gathered around our car making nasty comments during the discussions with the manger / police discussion etc.