Vac Thailand - Another Problem.

If you have read my earlier post you will see i had a few problems at the VAC, Thailand today.

I have just thought of another potential problem that happened. When i eventually submitted my visa applications, i gave them photocopies of everything with the translations. I asked them if they wanted to see the originals. The girl replied ' its up to you'. I asked her again, and she was not interested in them, so i didnt give them to her.

Is that going to be a problem?

From our experience, documents such as, Tabean Bahn, Chanote, Marriage certificate and Bank Books were taken to the VFS and submitted with the application, together with copies of all documents. The accepting official at the VFS looked through the submitted documents and returned the originals stated previously after checking them against the originals.

It does state in the guidance that originals should be submitted. It also states that copies should also be submitted in order that the embassy can retain them, if necessary, instead of the originals.

I had the originals on the counter: the VFS staff were not interested in seeing them. I too thought they would check them against the copies and return them.

I have sent a scathing letter to the British Embassy about the VFS. I also tried to send a complaint to VFS at the following address:

If you wish to complain about the service you received from VFS at a visa application centre or our call centre, you may submit your complaint directly in person at a visa application centre. Every visa application centre maintains a complaints register for the benefit of applicants. The supervisor of the visa application centre shall provide access to the register on demand.

Alternatively, you can e-mail your complaint to: [email protected]

This is the reply i got:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected]

Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.

I also had problems with this company when applying for a visa to India. If one has been living in Thailand for three years they do not need to do a police check in one's home country. I took both my old and new passports for them to check, one retirement visas in the old passport and two in the new one. The woman was not satisfied since she claimed that she could not read the date of issue of the second visa however third three one was issued one year later. One does need much common sense to see that the second visa had to have been issued after the date of issue of the passport! She could not accept that I was charged extra so they could do the police check in Australia and I had to wait an extra three days . My passport was returned just hours before my flight. I complained to the relevant government department in New Delhi and the person I spoke to there apologised and said he would investigate then matter. He had no problem with the dates.

I had my 10 year visa tranf from pp to pp in the US. It was a total.nightmare (India). Thebform was identical to a new visa. They were also asking questions that I thought way too personal.

The service was fast but very expensive. I did write to complain about the tedium for a simple visa transf (and expense), the manager was quick with response - WDC, USA.