Patong Rocking Now !

grumpyoldman

Don't usually do the Patong step out, but did this last Friday night.

Wow! Bustling for sure, carnival underway, Bangla packed, I always get a laugh at the people enthralled by the ladyboy dancers. "Oh, get a picture honey" it's like they are taking shots of the polar bears at the zoo.

Anyway, not my typical thing, I do it a couple times of year, but anyone looking for some action..............there ya go (!), it's a-rockin !

Whenever I pass through there, late at night, I have to stop and get a kebab from the guy just outside of the Taipan who makes them. They're the best.

So, I sometimes walk Bangla a bit just to see what's new.

All Tiger bars have moved across the street and seem to be hopping.

Crowded as ever.

I usually don't get down as far as the lady boy dancers.

It's a rockin cesspit. (with good kebabs)

Whenever I pass through there, late at night, I have to stop and get a kebab from the guy just outside of the Taipan who makes them. They're the best.

Crowded as ever.

No they're not. Turn up San Sabai and 50 metres before the road joins with third road, on the left-hand side is a "Turkish Kebab" place. They do the absolute best and at 100 Bt, it's worth it.

Crowded as ever.

No they're not. Turn up San Sabai and 50 metres before the road joins with third road, on the left-hand side is a "Turkish Kebab" place. They do the absolute best and at 100 Bt, it's worth it.

+ 1

I get my kebab fix at this place as well.

Sure, we all know it's a pit, but it's our little bit of pit here.

Must say, it is sort of interesting every once in awhile.

As far as kebobs, yeah, I like a good one, made the huge mistake of taking one outside the Laguna bars at about 3AM six months ago. Possibly the worst on the island and I'm pretty sure I lost part of my intestine the next day crapping every 10 minutes.....

Sure, we all know it's a pit, but it's our little bit of pit here.

Must say, it is sort of interesting every once in awhile.

As far as kebobs, yeah, I like a good one, made the huge mistake of taking one outside the Laguna bars at about 3AM six months ago. Possibly the worst on the island and I'm pretty sure I lost part of my intestine the next day crapping every 10 minutes.....

So it's your fault the sewer pipes are blocked. :) :)

Just got here yesterday. Went out to new Tiger and a few of the other sois down Bangla.. honestly? I don't like it. Too busy, too many touts harassing me and too many beefed up drunks who I need to tip toe around unless I am looking for trouble. Unfortunatley my booking on agoda is non refundable else Id check out right away and head to Krabi. Drink prices are crazy in new Tiger as well. A chang for myself and 3 shots of tequila came to 1200.

Just got here yesterday. Went out to new Tiger and a few of the other sois down Bangla.. honestly? I don't like it. Too busy, too many touts harassing me and too many beefed up drunks who I need to tip toe around unless I am looking for trouble. Unfortunatley my booking on agoda is non refundable else Id check out right away and head to Krabi. Drink prices are crazy in new Tiger as well. A chang for myself and 3 shots of tequila came to 1200.

Instead of going all the way to Krabi, you could continue at your current hotel and just venture a few minutes north or south of Patong and you will find quieter and cheaper nightlife.

• Like 1

Yes I was also looking into that. What's Karon and Kata like generally?

Parts of Karon are quiet. Kata is pretty busy this time of year, but much nicer than Patong any day. Especially the beach. There are nice restaurants too and quite a few bars in different areas.

Yes I was also looking into that. What's Karon and Kata like generally?

Parts of Karon are quiet. Kata is pretty busy this time of year, but much nicer than Patong any day. Especially the beach. There are nice restaurants too and quite a few bars in different areas.

I would second that. Karon/Kata is like night/day compared with Patong. much more laid back yet still has plenty of eateries and bars. Nicer beaches. You will always get rip-off bars anywhere - just choose your drinking hole carefully.

Problem with Patong (where do I start) is where to park. Everything's too expensive. Soi Bangla is more like a freakshow than a place for entertainment. The tourists there think they have some right to behave in ways they never would in their home countries. Far too many people and a fantastic place for expats not to go. I say AWP - Anywhere But Patong.

Yeah itz crazy! I agree, these idiot tourists book a hotel on the main sex strip in Phuket and then complain its expensive! Blow Krabi! lets get the hell outta here and go to Prachuap Kiri Kan and drink cans of Leo's on the side of the road Thai Style