Current Baht Bus Songtaow Prices

gk10002000

It is 10 baht everywhere in Pattaya, including Pattaya - Jomtien. But you need to have exact change ready, the drivers don't give change to foreigners. And of equal importance- hand him the money and walk away; don't stand there looking like a fool, waiting for him to approve what you have given him. There is no reason to fear any sort of retribution or retaliation. If you want a little bit of protection, ride a few steps past your destination, then walk back. In heavy traffic areas, this prevents him from backing up to talk to you.

If you don't have the 10 baht, keep your arm in the window until you receive your change, though this only works if the window is open enough to get your arm in in the first place.

Excellent and very sensible advice!

It is 10 baht everywhere in Pattaya, including Pattaya - Jomtien. But you need to have exact change ready, the drivers don't give change to foreigners. And of equal importance- hand him the money and walk away; don't stand there looking like a fool, waiting for him to approve what you have given him. There is no reason to fear any sort of retribution or retaliation. If you want a little bit of protection, ride a few steps past your destination, then walk back. In heavy traffic areas, this prevents him from backing up to talk to you.

If you don't have the 10 baht, keep your arm in the window until you receive your change, though this only works if the window is open enough to get your arm in in the first place.

have you ever worked in a zoo, or with dangerous animals?

rubbish !! Sometimes you just don't have anything less than a 20

and i have never had any problem getting change back.

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

Paying with exact change will solve many potential "misunderstandings" in Pattaya :)

• Like 1

I have always gotten the change back as well but some drivers hesitate for a bit before they hand over the change.

I have always gotten the change back as well but some drivers hesitate for a bit before they hand over the change.

This is why I also keep my hand in the window. There's one exception to the 10 baht fare. If I go from Pattaya to Jomtien from Pattaya South all the way to say soi 5 Jomtien, I drop 20 baht to the guy. But not always. If the driver tries to stuff the back end with passengers and make an uncomfortable ride, I don't feel so generous.

BTW I thought it was 20 baht from Jomtien to Pattaya?

No. 10.

Anywhere from Jomtien right down to Big C Pattaya North?

FROM JOMTIEN --

To South Pattaya Road, 10.

To Pattaya Klang, 10.

To Big C, it is 10 but some drivers will demand 20 and I suggest paying it, or paying 20 even without demand for that ride.

If a driver demands 10 before Pattaya Klang, just hand him the 10 and walk away.

Many people think it goes from 10 to 20 after Pattaya South. Those people are WRONG but if you want to pay double, up to you.

Some people may wonder why I suggest paying a demanded 20 to Big C and not to Pattaya Klang. Wonder on.

Edited by Jingthing

Same here. I've never had a problem getting change back from a 20.

I'm on the always hand over EXACT CHANGE bus. It just makes things easier and with drivers trying one on, you've prevented a conflict.

Obviously, if you don't have it, you don't have it. No need to make a federal case about it.

Edited by Jingthing

No. 10.

FROM JOMTIEN --

To Pattaya Klang, 10.

To Big C, it is 10 but some drivers will demand 20 and I suggest paying it, or paying 20 even without demand for that ride.

If a driver demands 10 before Pattaya Klang, just hand him the 10 and walk away.

Many people think it goes from 10 to 20 after Pattaya South. Those people are WRONG but if you want to pay double, up to you.

Some people may wonder why I suggest paying a demanded 20 to Big C and not to Pattaya Klang. Wonder on.

On the rare occasions I go to Jomtien I always pay 20baht. It seems a long way to go for only 10baht. Maybe i will try to pay 10 baht next time i go down to immigration and see if i get any reaction from the driver.

On the rare occasions I go to Jomtien I always pay 20baht. It seems a long way to go for only 10baht. Maybe i will try to pay 10 baht next time i go down to immigration and see if i get any reaction from the driver.

If you are talking about a Jomtien bus from the QUEUE at South Pattaya Road, the fare is DEFINITELY 10 baht! No controversy at all. I realize there are a lot of GUILT based over-payers. Up to you. There is no way you will get any reaction getting off at Soi 5 Jomtien. Issues start much later down Jomtien Beach road when the bus gets emptier, often the driver will stop, and start playing games with asking where the remaining people are going, then the fare goes up and sometime to TAXI charter levels. Edited by Jingthing

definetly 10 baht no more i always save my change just for the songtoaws!

sometime i go from naklua all the way to laem chabang about 18 klms cost 30 baht

never paid more so work that out?

every baht bus around patts is 10 baht no more if you pay more then as they say

up to you!

No. 10.

FROM JOMTIEN --

To Pattaya Klang, 10.

JT not doubting you for a second (wouldn't dare wink.png ) but is this actually written/posted anywhere officially - IE the 10 baht to anywhere?

A small piece of advice:

If you're on an empty bhat bus that is travelling briskly; it's best to sit near the cab. One time I was the only passenger, sat at the back, and when the driver braked hard to avoid an accident I got slammed into the cab.... and trust me... those blue seats are like ski slopes in such a scenario!

Another: offering 20 or 50 bhat and expecting change is the norm. 100 is fine most times too but 500 bhat is just too much it would seem. A driver, offered the choice of a 500 note or 9 bhat in change, can nearly explode in rage... as I have noticed. coffee1.gif

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1

To "The professional":

Do I know you ? I perfected my patented 10 baht coin toss at the Dusit zoo, tossing popcorn to the monkeys. Now, I have graduated to tossing two 5 baht coins, and I 've begun practising with a 5 and five 1's.

Why not go whole hog and toss a baggie full of satangs? coffee1.gif