Champions League Last 16 Draw

MrRed

Some really great matches for the start of the knockout stages....

Uefa Champions League last 16 draw:

Galatasaray v Schalke

Celtic v Juventus

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund

AC Milan v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Manchester United

Valencia v Paris St Germain

Porto v Malaga

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are going to need it Smokie. Celtic now the longest price at 125-1 to win the tournament. Very difficult but how others would love to have been still involved.

Or even involved at all (reference to noisy neighbours in North London who are left to pontificate about our early exitsmile.png ).

Celtic's worth a tickle at that price. Stranger things have happened, though not in the Champions League so far!

I think Dortmund will win the whole thing.

Stand out best price of 8/1.

They are a young and improving team, with an exceptional manager.

Dortmund V Madrid Final.

And they knocked you out too!!

Bye bye Man Yoo. biggrin.png

I can feel the jealousy at you not being involved smokie

And its bye bye Arsenal! clap2.gif

Realistically you lot need to focus on staying in the top four which currently looks unlikely.

Edited by carmine

Dortmund V Madrid Final.

Good call.

The press here would love Klopp if he could be enticed over here. A northern European version of Mourinho but genuinely likeable. You wouldn't think he was born in the South of Germany where they tend to be the formal Germans of English sitcom pastiche (which, together with 2 world wars, has always miscoloured the Brit view of the German personality as being humourless).

Pathetic Spuds.

I will be cheering for Spurs in the Europa League and hope you win it (genuine - not because it might distract you as a league competitor). Guess I am not a true fan, as moulded on the terraces of hate.

Dortmund V Madrid Final.

Good call.

The press here would love Klopp if he could be enticed over here. A northern European version of Mourinho but genuinely likeable. You wouldn't think he was born in the South of Germany where they tend to be the formal Germans of English sitcom pastiche (which, together with 2 world wars, has always miscoloured the Brit view of the German personality as being humourless).

I couldn't agree more. i think Klopp is the standout manager of the moment. Dortmund are a very good bet for the CL and Klopp would also be a good bet to take over one of the big english clubs or even Man City and Chelsea if he lost his marbles

• Like 1

Pathetic Spuds.

I will be cheering for Spurs in the Europa League and hope you win it (genuine - not because it might distract you as a league competitor). Guess I am not a true fan, as moulded on the terraces of hate.

biggrin.png You are my hero! clap2.gif

Pathetic Spuds.

Well you do come from a long way away from North London !

Pathetic Spuds.

Well you do come from a long way away from North London !

He doesn't understand what it is to be a Spurs fan. Were different! whistling.gif

Ever heard that line before Alf? biggrin.png

Glasgow Celtic. The first British team to win the Champions League, or European Cup as it was known then. Only a countries Champions could take part then, but now it is all about money. Another thing. That Celtic teams players all were born within a 30 mile radius of Glasgow. Nine of Celtics European champions were reared by the club.

Glasgow Celtic. The first British team to win the Champions League, or European Cup as it was known then. Only a countries Champions could take part then, but now it is all about money. Another thing. That Celtic teams players all were born within a 30 mile radius of Glasgow. Nine of Celtics European champions were reared by the club.

Yes and Forest won the european cup on a budget of a worn out shoestring but in sporting terms that was a different lifetime and non comparible.

All sport has been effected by money and global media

Real M will most probably eliminate Man United, as they will be much more motivated than United, to win the CL this season because their chances of retaining the La Liga title are extremely slim now.

My predictions as to which teams will go through to the next round: Schalke 04, Juventus, Arsenal, Borussia D, Barcelona, Real M, PSG, Malaga

Real M will most probably eliminate Man United, as they will be much more motivated than United, to win the CL this season because their chances of retaining the La Liga title are extremely slim now.

My predictions as to which teams will go through to the next round: Schalke 04, Juventus, Arsenal, Borussia D, Barcelona, Real M, PSG, Malaga

I wouldn't be too sure about Real Madrid. Mourinho dropped Casillas on Saturday which would indicate all these rumours about dressing room unrest are not fanciful. If they are not singing from the same hymn sheet who knows.

With the ressurection of Juventus I`ve predicted them to win the CL already in august and I see they still there.If not I do hope Borussia Dortmund win.......a exiting team with the biggest and best crowd of supporters at Westfalenstadion thumbsup.gif !!!

As a lover of Barca-football, I want them to do the treble this season (La Liga, CL and Copa Del Rey). Last season, Barca were soooooooo unlucky against Chelsea (there were so many clear chances missed by Barca in both legs, while Chelsea had very few chances and managed to score from nearly all of those).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Galatasaray v Schalke

Celtic v Juventus

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

AC Milan v Barcelona

Porto v Malaga

Anybody think that Milan will beat Barcelona? thinking of having a dabble over two legs!

Galatasaray v Schalke

Celtic v Juventus

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

AC Milan v Barcelona

Porto v Malaga

Anybody think that Milan will beat Barcelona? thinking of having a dabble over two legs!

Gamblings illegal in LOS Ed.thumbsup.gif

Shaktar/Dortmund is the tie i'm looking forward to. Dortmunds my darkhorse to win the CL