Massive Tot Internet Problems On The Darkside Again. Or Is Is Just Me?

roban

In the last 24h, I noticed massive DNS problems wit TOT on the "Darkside" (Kao Noi area)

Tried different routers, but problems have remained.

I have outages from a few minutes to a few hours over the day.

And in the last 5 hours, it worked about 15 minutes.

Only me?

posted via "USB tethered Android Smartphone" tongue.png

I live between Udorn and Loei and my internet with TOT was down 7 times yesterday for a total of 7 hours and 54 minutes.

Everybody up here is complaining about them so it would seem to be a nationwide problem they cannot seem to get a handle on.

I use bad language several times a day and it has been going on for several weeks up here.

hundreds of disconects / reconects of the PPPoE signal
I have the problem that DSL is connected and I get an IP Address but I can't Browse the Net

^^ same same...sad.png

Anyone in Pattaya called ToT yet ?

I have already called them, but this was the conversation.

Q - Is the DSL Light Steady or Blinking ?

A - DSL Light is Steady

Q - Is the Internet Light On ?

A - Internet Light is On

Q - So why you call ?

A - I can't Browse the Internet

Q - Have you reset Router and Computer

A - Yes Many times

Q - Your router must be broken

A - I have tried with 3 Different ones, even with the standard ToT Modem and one Asus DSL-N55U and a Zyxel

And when I tell them that I only have problems with certain ToT IP Ranges (for example the 125.25.x.x Range) they say "We Will check" and then Hang Up. w00t.gif

Here in Huay Yai near the airpark the internet went off a number of times the last few days. It would last some time. I would reboot the modem & sometimes that worked to bring the connection back. All lights were on the modem but no internet.

Yes all my modem lights were on but no connection, quite strange, also out by Phoenix anyway its on now.

Rimmer,

any idea what your internet address was at that time ?? This morning I was on the 125.25.x.x range and was unable to connect, but now I am on a 125.27.x.x address and everything is fine.

Yes all my modem lights were on but no connection, quite strange, also out by Phoenix anyway its on now.

Rimmer,

any idea what your internet address was at that time ?? This morning I was on the 125.25.x.x range and was unable to connect, but now I am on a 125.27.x.x address and everything is fine.

Mine is 101.109 I see that a number of members on this and the range you are on all had problems

Sounds to be isolated to TOT. I'm using TRUE on the DS and happy to report no issues.

There was a major power outage on the DS (soi Khao Noi area) 2 days ago and not sure what the cause was or if maybe many lines were effected. It sounds like this wouldn't be the cause of any issues outside the area though.

Mine is 101.109 I see that a number of members on this and the range you are on all had problems

Could you check your DNS Servers because before I was (on all ranges) getting one ToT Dns and the other one was Google DNS (8.8.8.8) but now I am only getting two ToT Dns servers, 203.113.7.130, 203.113.5.130

Could you check your DNS Servers because before I was (on all ranges) getting one ToT Dns and the other one was Google DNS (8.8.8.8) but now I am only getting two ToT Dns servers, 203.113.7.130, 203.113.5.130

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. open source

08:01:10 pppd[397] secondary DNS address 8.8.8.8
08:01:10 pppd[397] primary DNS address 203.113.7.130
08:01:10 pppd[397] remote IP address 125.27.*.*

Today they asigned my conection as above and its been ok all day so far ( touch wood )

Edited by johng

08:01:10 pppd[397] secondary DNS address 8.8.8.8
08:01:10 pppd[397] primary DNS address 203.113.7.130
08:01:10 pppd[397] remote IP address 125.27.*.*

Today they asigned my conection as above and its been ok all day so far ( touch wood )

Mine is  101.109  I see that a number of members on this and the range you are on all had problems

8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4. open source

8.8.8.8 is not open source... it's google.

Name:google-public-dns-a.google.com

Address:8.8.8.8

Name:google-public-dns-b.google.com

Address:8.8.4.4

open dns http://www.opendns.com/

uses

Name: resolver1.opendns.com

Address:208.67.222.222

Name: resolver2.opendns.com

Address: 208.67.220.220

Edited by Jayman

Had big problems for 1 week now. have decided to change server (true) supposed to come today (still waiting) .TOT back on at moment, so have internet.

never happy with TOT after sales service. so glad I'm changing. I live on darkside. Nongate yai

I am around Lake Maprachan using Sophon Internet and have been experiencing difficulties getting on GMail and Facebook but no problems with Yahoo and some others. I guess an international connection is down which happens when things like the recent earthquake in Burma and similar things happen. Some sites are reachable and others are not and I am certain it is not due to them being blocked. They just time out when trying to open. I am not computer literate enough to provide any diagnostics other than an IP address of 192.168 ** and my new router provides little else in info.

The ToT 'rechnician' called me to check if my service was reconnected and when I said no he asked me the colour of my modem.

When I told him 'black' he said I need to change it for a white one!

TiT

I had the same problem, black modem, no internet at all, TOT changed it for (sold me) a white one and....no problems ever since!

Is there any way you guys could be more specific about the model of the modems that don't work and that do work rather than just giving the color?

I will start by saying the black one I have is a D-Link model DSL-526B. I no longer us it as I have TRUE cable service now but it was working when I last did use it.

@Jayman.

I think when a ToT Engineer is referring to a Black Modem, he is thinking that the customer has a Thomson Speedtouch. These modem were handed out (long ago wink.png ) by ToT to customers.

Edited by MJCM

@Jayman.

I think when a ToT Engineer is referring to a Black Modem, he is thinking that the customer has a Thomson Speedtouch. These modem were handed out (long ago wink.png ) by ToT to customers.

Ok.. but that's not the black modem that TOT handed me several years ago. that is why jist refering to stuff as black and white is a bit silly don't you think. <deleted>, the model number for all electronics can be found printed on a sticker affixed to the device. Just because we live in Thailand doesn't mean we have to behave like Thais.