Best Xmas Dinner

CiaranO

When I came to Thailand in 2004 I wanted to avoid Christmas. I ended up in Cambodia for Christmas 2004. I had a flight on Phuket Airlines from Bangkok to Phuket booked for the 26th. That flight was canceled... I guess I was lucky...

And yes I've heard good things about Indigo Pearl as well. If price isn't an issue and they still have any servings available...

^ Was it cancelled before the tsunami or because of it?

Moo's Tex Mex in Rawai and BBQ Hut in Patong both do Xmas dinner.

Because of it. I was in the Siem Rep Airport in the morning when some other Americans told me about it. My friend who has family in Kao Lak wouldn't believe it. His family was okay though. But what a hugh tragedy it was and look what's happened to Phuket since...

What's Moo serving?

Edited by Jimi007

Thanks for the suggestions, but i was looking for something a little more traditional, Turkey, ham etc

Been looking myself - found a few options below:

Irish Times, Jungceylon, Patong - 3 course, inc. turkey or ham main course and Xmas pudding, brandy sauce, mince pies - 895 baht + VAT

Islander, Soi Patong Resort, Patong - 3 course, inc. turkey, Xmas pudding & custard - 895 baht inc. glass of house wine.

Gallery Cafe, Phuket Town - mulled wine welcome drink then 3 courses, inc. turkey or ham but no Xmas pudding - 590 baht

All the above seem to be from 1pm - 9pm and all asking to make reservations.

Thanks for the suggestions, but i was looking for something a little more traditional, Turkey, ham etc

Why do you think anywhere that was mentioned on this thread wouldn't be serving a traditional style Christmas dinner? BBQ Hut is owned by an American, Moo is Don's ex wife. Don's Restaurant had a great spread every Christmas. Turkey, ham, roast beef, roast pork, and lots more... She learned some things from him. But of course neither is British...

Gallery Cafe by Pinky in Phuket Town (590bt until 9) and the Expat Hotel in Patong (690bt near Bangla Road). The Gazette and Phuket News have quite a few options listed.

Are you a forum sponsor? because you sure are dropping advertisements like one

• Like 1

In Laguna area I ate at the Siam Supper Club. When I made reservations they said there was no special Christmas menu but was happily surprised to see a chef's special was turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Wife was very happy to find turkey on the menu but has been really craving pumpkin pie. Did anyone see pumkin pie anywhere this year? Rack of lamb that night was excellent.