Dengue Fever Rampant In Pattaya

MZurf

just a good tip.... if travelling from UK to places where Malaria or Dengue is common. Go to or order SKIN SO SOFT from AVON COSMETICS... there is an ingredient that drives Mosquitoes away.... Many guys i worked with in Nigeria used it and never got infected... Mozzies will buzz around you but wont bite

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I can confirm that British Armed Forces use this in preference to the issued repellant .

I had dengue about a month or so ago. I live in Jomtien, on the 7th floor. Also had it about 4 years ago. got some shots from the doc (not that anything works, they just love to give shots!). Important thing is electrolyte replacement, which is cheap and easy and makes a big difference. I don't think going to hospital can do much other than lower your bank account balance.

• Like 2

Ouch! I had it three years ago and it is no fun to have! Getting it again is said to be even worse...

Whereabouts do you live?

Maybe the Hosipals are just telling people they have and it is just flu

I actually haven't been to a hospital as there is nothing really they can do. There is no cure for dengue. All they can do is putting you on a drip as you need lots of water. They would probably also give you pills to lower the fever which is not good as the fever is the body's weapon against the virus. I had fever up to 40 and didn't take any medicine. Just water with "strong k" by the liter.

The symptoms are very distinctive and from the third day onwards it is pretty clear what it is.

just a good tip.... if travelling from UK to places where Malaria or Dengue is common. Go to or order SKIN SO SOFT from AVON COSMETICS... there is an ingredient that drives Mosquitoes away.... Many guys i worked with in Nigeria used it and never got infected... Mozzies will buzz around you but wont bite

Huh? blink.png can you explain please?

http://avonshop.co.u...in-so-soft.html

EDIT:

just read some more info in the answers that followed your post.

Edited by LaoPo

No, Dengue is easy to spot looking at your CBC (Complete Blood Count). In many cases, you don't even need a special test for 2,000 THB.

Just a plain and cheap CBC. Here's my result from the last month test, infected Dengue. The numbers in parenthesis define normal amounts.

WBC (white blood cells) ~2.3k (4k...10k)

Platelet (trombocytes) 100k (140k...400k)

Warning, there are other factors. The two above may remain within normal boundaries while a person still being sick with Dngue.

Edited by bytebuster

I think I read that normally mosquitoes don't fly higher than 7 floors (~70 feet). The problem is in a high rise, where people might have pooled water on their balconies, saucers under plants, etc, they can live/breed their and range up another 7 floors from that elevation, and in the 7 floor range above that find more water and so on and on up to the top floor. That's not USUAL, but can explain higher infestations. And, of course, the elevator-riding ones. whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch! I had it three years ago and it is no fun to have! Getting it again is said to be even worse...

Whereabouts do you live?

UFB, or maybe its really another sars epidemic and Thaksin's probably responsible. Such is some liveswai.gifwai2.gifcoffee1.gifcheesy.gif