Katoeys: What Does The Police Do?

geuda

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katoeys: What Does The Police Do?

They round 'em up and fine them 100 Baht each before releasing them back in to the pond. rolleyes.gif

www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/597564-pattaya-police-arrests-over-50-transsexuals-within-the-tourist-safety-zone/

Canada does the same with drug addicts and thieves who have rap sheets as long as your arm. Once the justice system has taken their pound of flesh they are no longer interested in what happens to criminals. Vancouver has thousands of known criminals and murderers walking around free on parole. In almost every arrest the report states is the suspect is "known by the police". Canada protected a known Thai criminal who almost bakrupted the Thai banking system, and kept him in Canada in his palacial estate for 20 years until he passed the Thai time limits.

• Like 1

Put in hospital by angry katoeys just for saying you're straight? Doubt it.

It all depends on how you expressed your disinterest.

Just because they do have respect for elders (up to a point) doesn't mean they'll put up with insulting behaviour especially from someone they believe they can kick the shit out of in 10 seconds flat.

Lick your wounds, consider yourself educated and forget pursuing the bar . . . unless you want another kicking

OP says he expressed his 'disinterest'.

Perhaps he really means that he gave them a mouthful of pretty nasty agressive abuse.

Just because they do have respect for elders (up to a point) doesn't mean they'll put up with insulting behaviour especially from someone they believe they can kick the shit out of in 10 seconds flat.

Lick your wounds, consider yourself educated and forget pursuing the bar . . . unless you want another kicking

Perhaps he really means that he gave them a mouthful of pretty nasty agressive abuse.

I suggested pretty much the same thing. It's been my experience in Thailand that it is not so much what you say as how you say it. Nobody of any gender or transgender wants to be put down. And, katoeys are noted for over reacting to just about anything. Like I said, they are like women on PMS.

When I have done the school run I have seen plenty of 15 year old ladyboys, all holding hands with the 15 year old girls.

Some ladyboys are younger and it is not a choice but how they were born.

Can I understand it ?.

No, but I can accept it.

I sometimes wonder if it is the way they are treated that makes them violent, backed into a corner and all that.

Lady boys are not violent.

Lady boy prostitutes are violent. There is a big difference between Pattaya and the real world.

• Like 1

When I have done the school run I have seen plenty of 15 year old ladyboys, all holding hands with the 15 year old girls.

Can I understand it ?.

No, but I can accept it.

I sometimes wonder if it is the way they are treated that makes them violent, backed into a corner and all that.

Lady boy prostitutes are violent. There is a big difference between Pattaya and the real world.

And don`t forget that most of the so called "ladyboys" hanging around and doing the crimes for the most is just c..ks in frocs,....very ugly bi-sexual or gay drug addicts just out for a quick buck bah.gif !!!

Edited by Yahooka
  • Like 1

Can I understand it ?.

No, but I can accept it.

And don`t forget that most of the so called "ladyboys" hanging around and doing the crimes for the most is just c..ks in frocs,....very ugly bi-sexual or gay drug addicts just out for a quick buck bah.gif !!!

Really. There must be a demand?

Or maybe just common criminals taking advantage of drunk sexpats.

Edited by Neeranam

Like I said, they are like women on PMS.

More like men with PMS wearing lipstick and women's clothing.

In case of a fight, for sure!

They only do the 'drag by the hair' fight style with other lady men.

The fight with a male goes far back in time, as the boys learned muay thai!

But of course there is a big difference between 'working as a lady boy' or being a lady boy' lady boys!

With the PMS syndrome, I mean! With the 'working as', it never stopped!

Edited by noob7

I suggested pretty much the same thing. It's been my experience in Thailand that it is not so much what you say as how you say it. Nobody of any gender or transgender wants to be put down. And, katoeys are noted for over reacting to just about anything. Like I said, they are like women on PMS.

Agreed, just ignore them, but some guys just need to put them down and tell the world how disgusting they are. Maybe to confirm to themselves they are not attracted to them. Who knows, if i walk past someone who i don't like or think is disgusting i usually don't voice my opinion of them. So i don't get into fights or problems. Its actually quite easy, its quite rare to be attacked without provocation, though i don't deny it does happen.

The OP said he voiced his opinion of them, i think by admitting this already he did it way over the top.

• Like 2

Can I understand it ?.

No, but I can accept it.

Albeit reluctantly, I have to agree with you.

I have interracted with many a ladyboy out in the sticks. I have also seen a few that were obviously ladyboys-to-be from an early age. Mostly, they are really nice people and I get on well with them.

The ladyboys that I have come into contact with when visiting Pattaya have almost been a differnt species. I despise them. Nasty aggressive thieves.

I do not welcome women groping me when I am walking along, minding my business, I definitely am not happy when a man dressed as a woman does it.

The ones i come in contact with are nice people, but they are not working as hookers in Pattaya. They are just normal people with normal jobs, i think hookers are always a bit more aggressive and assertive. Goes for female and male hookers.

• Like 1

Apparently some of them can fight like Bruce Lee so why risk insulting them. Just give them a kiss on the cheek and be on your way, better than getting beat up by them.

I think that is a bit over the top, just don't insult them, and if you don't want them to touch you make sure they don't but not in a violent manner.

2 important lessons to learn here and learn them well:

1 bad things happen to you and others if you go to bad places, learnt that doing a stint of security in uk when was still a fair bit younger than I am today

2 when a 6 foot 100 kg plus male with bulging muscles asks you if you got a problem do you tell them strongly where to get off or do you humbly back down and walk away from the "situation" . Saved my skin a good many times knowing that there is no need to make an average situation into a nasty situation its just not worth it. Maybe all it needs is for the other person to know they are a bit more dangerous than you - size isn't everything as I always tell the missus, plenty of 5 ft 9 or 10 averages carrying a good deal of intent to damage or more- so why would you be so rude to any other human with the potential to offer you your arse on a plate?

• Like 2

The other night, I've been cheased by katoey's on soy 8 in bar 69ers.

I replied, a bit to strongly I must admit, that I am a straight man and I don/t like fakes

He/She was not alone and I've been attacked.Result: Banglamung hospital for their sake I am 60 years old.

They are nothing, not males not females that's why they don't respect anybody. I am 60 years old now that's Thai tradition: respect elder people?

I'd like to know wheter a lawyer could help me pursue them and bring the case to the court.

The owner of bar 69ers is legally responsible isn't he?

Thanks for your help

Cheers

bernard

1) Transexual sex workers aren't likely to be the most stringent adherent to traditional Thai mores.

2) 60 years old may make you an elder but doesn't necessarily mean that if you are verbally abusive - or perceived to be - that you will be immune from any possible repercussions, excessive or not.

3) I personally doubt that the owner of the bar will be held responsible for an action of his/her employees, even if you can prove that the culprits were indeed employees of that bar.

Genuinely sorry that you are injured and wish you a full and speedy recovery but going by what you've said, my guess is that you've been foolish (at best) and (hopefully) learned a hard lesson as a result (Thailand tends to be a good place to learn those sorts of lessons though the teaching methods can be and often are quite harsh.)

I suspect there will be others along shortly who will say otherwise and perhaps give an answer that you prefer.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

One cannot say it better! Even though as you said other answers could be preferred by OP whistling.gif

I replied, a bit to strongly I must admit, that I am a straight man and I don/t like fakes

He/She was not alone and I've been attacked.Result: Banglamung hospital for their sake I am 60 years old.

They are nothing, not males not females that's why they don't respect anybody. I am 60 years old now that's Thai tradition: respect elder people?

I'd like to know wheter a lawyer could help me pursue them and bring the case to the court.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

bernard

1) Transexual sex workers aren't likely to be the most stringent adherent to traditional Thai mores.

2) 60 years old may make you an elder but doesn't necessarily mean that if you are verbally abusive - or perceived to be - that you will be immune from any possible repercussions, excessive or not.

3) I personally doubt that the owner of the bar will be held responsible for an action of his/her employees, even if you can prove that the culprits were indeed employees of that bar.

Genuinely sorry that you are injured and wish you a full and speedy recovery but going by what you've said, my guess is that you've been foolish (at best) and (hopefully) learned a hard lesson as a result (Thailand tends to be a good place to learn those sorts of lessons though the teaching methods can be and often are quite harsh.)

I suspect there will be others along shortly who will say otherwise and perhaps give an answer that you prefer.

One cannot say it better! Even though as you said other answers could be preferred by OP whistling.gif

Funny how the victim is being blamed here <deleted>.

We dont even know what he said or how he said it and yet whatever was said hardly justifies being beaten up.

Do you know what these lowlife pretend katoeys are like in Pattaya?

The majority are men who put a dress on at night with a bit of lippy with the express intention of scamming, robbing tourists.

They are opportunists for the majority out for a quick buck and they are out of control here.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help

Cheers

bernard

We dont even know what he said or how he said it and yet whatever was said hardly justifies being beaten up.

The majority are men who put a dress on at night with a bit of lippy with the express intention of scamming, robbing tourists.

They are opportunists for the majority out for a quick buck and they are out of control here.

You've quoted me and someone who agreed with me but your post doesn't relate to mine. I haven't blamed anyone or suggested his beating was justified or justifiable. And it's true we don't what he said but as to how he said it, according to him, he said it too strongly.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

bernard

I agree that verbal insults dont justify a beating, also agree that many katoi in Pattaya are not stand up citizen.

But the fact that the OP already said he might have voiced his opinion of them too strong and that he does not like them tells me that is exactly what happened and that he is narrow minded.

So they were both wrong the OP was stupid (provoking a fight) just because he does not like them and the katois are low lifes ( in this case) for the beating. I don't feel pitty for either of them.

"They are nothing,"

Apparently, your attitude got you in trouble. The movie "Lucky Number Sleven" has the perfect line for you. After a punk talked back to a thug, the thug broke his nose, and replied, "Your mouth gave you that nose." At 60, you should be smarter.

Agreed, just ignore them, but some guys just need to put them down and tell the world how disgusting they are. Maybe to confirm to themselves they are not attracted to them. Who knows, if i walk past someone who i don't like or think is disgusting i usually don't voice my opinion of them. So i don't get into fights or problems. Its actually quite easy, its quite rare to be attacked without provocation, though i don't deny it does happen.

The OP said he voiced his opinion of them, i think by admitting this already he did it way over the top.

Well said!

I have never encountered problems with ladyboys, whether working as a waitress in a restaurant or working in the "entertainment" industry in Thailand.

It's about respect, both ways.

A smile does miracles but a nasty angry answer towards either ladyboys or working girls will lead to a fight.

Most tourists seem to forget that Thai are VERY PROUD people, no matter if they're from poor or well to do background; they ARE VERY PROUD and besides that, what does a 60 year old man alone do late at night in a shabby (katoey) bar-area in Pattaya? Looking for cigarettes whistling.gif ?

I wouldn't like to walk around in the dark hours or early hours of the morning in Pattaya...that's ASKING for problems and attention from the "hungry" for cash; but it would be the same if one walks around a red light district in dark nasty hours in either Amsterdam, London or San Francisco.

When I traveled to SF for the first time I was warned by insiders for the "tenderloin" area, meaning you were at risk to be beaten up and that was not by ladyboys but criminals.

Same-same in Pattaya.

If one is looking for "a friend" for the night, do so in the early evening, not dark hours of the night..................Problems problems problems....sad.png

Edited by LaoPo
  • Like 1

Thanks for your help

Cheers

bernard

yep!

Never trust a Gathoy without boobies!whistling.gif

Edited by noob7

Well said!

I have never encountered problems with ladyboys, whether working as a waitress in a restaurant or working in the "entertainment" industry in Thailand.

It's about respect, both ways.

A smile does miracles but a nasty angry answer towards either ladyboys or working girls will lead to a fight.

Most tourists seem to forget that Thai are VERY PROUD people, no matter if they're from poor or well to do background; they ARE VERY PROUD and besides that, what does a 60 year old man alone do late at night in a shabby (katoey) bar-area in Pattaya? Looking for cigarettes whistling.gif ?

I wouldn't like to walk around in the dark hours or early hours of the morning in Pattaya...that's ASKING for problems and attention from the "hungry" for cash; but it would be the same if one walks around a red light district in dark nasty hours in either Amsterdam, London or San Francisco.

When I traveled to SF for the first time I was warned by insiders for the "tenderloin" area, meaning you were at risk to be beaten up and that was not by ladyboys but criminals.

Same-same in Pattaya.

If one is looking for "a friend" for the night, do so in the early evening, not dark hours of the night..................Problems problems problems....sad.png

Is it so simple? Was it all about Smoking?giggle.gif

Karma is a bitch..