Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

OK ... back to simple again.

I didn't get a front on photo because it was an afternoon shot and the planes 'drops' out of the sun.

post-104736-0-69885100-1356833660_thumb.

Have to say ... really impressive to watch this bird land.

Thai A380 from Frankfurt

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get a front on photo because it was an afternoon shot and the planes 'drops' out of the sun.

Ive got it, Thai Airways, 747, CM-BKK?

Again, a nice simple one.

Today's plane is ...

post-104736-0-85744500-1356660223_thumb. . post-104736-0-63601200-1356660324_thumb.

Try for the ...

• Airline

• Make and Model

Also you might wish to try for the What Airport or Country the Plane took off from.

Difficult to do but if you look at the photo's date stamp and correlate that with the Airport manifest then backtrack it ... for the enthusiast only ... biggrin.png

Good Luck.

Looks more like an Airbus a318 than a 319 but I don't know the livery from that angle. The Malaysian A380 has those colours but is much much bigger.

That's the Thai A380. As it was sunny in HK today I thought I might go over to Chek Lap Kok to get a snap, but it didn't show up on Flightradar24. It is going out of here about 11.25 AM most days, I think.

As for the Caledonian, it's a Bristol Brittania. You were probably flown to Kai Tak. I used to see the troop rotation VC10 at Kai Tak every Monday driving to my office in the 1980s. One day, I saw Concorde land and pulled over by the perimeter fence. The police pulled over and told me I'd parked illegally. I told them my taxes had paid for the development of Concorde. Remarkably, they waived the ticket.

As for the Caledonian, it's a Bristol Brittania. You were probably flown to Kai Tak. I used to see the troop rotation VC10 at Kai Tak every Monday driving to my office in the 1980s. One day, I saw Concorde land and pulled over by the perimeter fence. The police pulled over and told me I'd parked illegally. I told them my taxes had paid for the development of Concorde. Remarkably, they waived the ticket.

Go to the top of the class and have a Cigar, yes a Bristol Britannia. Only as far as Akrotiri, was 7 hours plus though as in those days we couldn't overfly a lot of Europe in a military aircraft. I do also believe it was first leg of the trip that eventually ended in Kai Tak. Cyprus, Mazerah , Ghan, Singapore and then Hong Kong.

Have to say ... really impressive to watch this bird land..

Thai A380 from Frankfurt

Yes ... Thai A380 ... but from Hong Kong

Link here

• Airline: Thai Airways
  • Flight: TG601
  • To: Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi (BKK)
  • Aircraft: Airbus A380-841 (A388)
  • Reg: HS-TUB
  • Altitude: 1900 ft (579 m)
  • V/S: -960 fpm
  • Speed: 153 kt (283 km/h, 176 mph)
  • Track: 14°
  • Hex: 8852A2
  • Squawk: 5165
  • Pos:
  • Radar: T-VTBD1

post-104736-0-00328400-1356879358_thumb. - post-104736-0-83399500-1356879374_thumb.

Next one tomorrow ...

Since today's plane has been successfully spotted, here is a clip from the other morning when we were up early harvesting the Prawns/Shrimp. No work permit required ... I was just the photographer ... whistling.gif

Firstly 2 powered paraglyders flew directly over the Farm House, then the jet and the powered paraglyder were in the same frame (but that photo didn't work) and the plane flew directly over the pond ... hence the interesting angle at the end.

I tried to 'flip' the plane ... but my back's not that flexible ... laugh.png

Since today's plane has been successfully spotted, here is a clip from the other morning when we were up early harvesting the Prawns/Shrimp. No work permit required ... I was just the photographer ... whistling.gif

Firstly 2 powered paraglyders flew directly over the Farm House, then the jet and the powered paraglyder were in the same frame (but that photo didn't work) and the plane flew directly over the pond ... hence the interesting angle at the end.

I tried to 'flip' the plane ... but my back's not that flexible ... laugh.png

Great video David!

But back on topic. laugh.png

Is that a BlackHawk paraglider?

post-31600-0-23194900-1328868364_thumb.j

I saw this on the ground in Munich on the 19th inst. as I was starting my Christmas hols. This version is ep/shopped to make it look like it's from the twilight zone.

Her's what it really looks like

post-31600-0-23853200-1328869331_thumb.j

I've posted both these previously in Thaivisa.

post-31600-0-28280400-1356944755_thumb.j

That one is photoshopped. There has never been a shortened 747-400.

10 Points. You are correct. There is a thread on this image here in the Photo section of this site ! It is 100% shopped. smile.png A bloody good job to I might add smile.png

Post #115 47, who operates that? When was that images taken roughly?

The third image there was meant to be for the question in the next post. I will post a clearer image if someone guesses correctlly. It was taken about six weeks ago.

The pic of the Thai Airways retro 747 was taken at Heathrow about a year ago.

The third image there was meant to be for the question in the next post. I will post a clearer image if someone guesses correctlly. It was taken about six weeks ago.

The pic of the Thai Airways retro 747 was taken at Heathrow about a year ago.

The livery doesnt help but the following operate A380 from LHR:

Emirates

Singapore

Qantas

Malaysian

I will make a guess at Malaysian in the new livery.

Archived