Images Of Chiang Rai

mcgriffith

I found this shot interesting, looking into the sun. After the new tea leaves have been picked the rows are so symmetrical and rounded, it makes for a beautiful sight.smile.png Hard work for eight baht per kilo in the hot midday sun.

Rai+Boonrawd++012.jpg

About 0.07% of the price the tea will sell for. Nice looking tea though. I do not think they have any I like to drink though as I prefer the way they make tea in Dargeling. Seems it was a nice day out.

• Like 1

I found this shot interesting, looking into the sun. After the new tea leaves have been picked the rows are so symmetrical and rounded, it makes for a beautiful sight.smile.png Hard work for eight baht per kilo in the hot midday sun.

About 0.07% of the price the tea will sell for. Nice looking tea though. I do not think they have any I like to drink though as I prefer the way they make tea in Dargeling. Seems it was a nice day out.

Yes it was a lovely day. It was nearly 100 km to the Mae Suay turnoff, heading up Doi Chaang. After coming down, we stopped at Charin for a little lunch and pie. Came back on the old Chiang Mai road, stopping at the local animal park or zoo, and passing Casa el Scea before arriving at Rai Boon Rawd. From there it was getting late, so we headed straight home.smile.png

I was reading this will be one of the best tourist attraction in thailand

Perhaps it will become the “hub” of something.wink.png Not sure how good they are at marketing, as it seems to be an ever evolving property, drifting from one focus to another. Hopefully they will find their niche, as it really is a beautiful setting.smile.png

Perhaps it will become the “hub” of something.wink.png Not sure how good they are at marketing, as it seems to be an ever evolving property, drifting from one focus to another. Hopefully they will find their niche, as it really is a beautiful setting.smile.png

Could become the hub of image spotting from the cloud formations.

In your photo posted in #277, I can see a lion, a bird in full flight and a man and a woman, both in dark clothing.thumbsup.gif

Edited by kevjohn

In your photo posted in #277, I can see a lion, a bird in full flight and a man and a woman, both in dark clothing.thumbsup.gif

I'll have some of whatever you had too.smile.png

• Like 1

I'll have some of whatever you had too.smile.png

Coffee x 2...coffee1.gif

It isn’t steep but it is slippery. The trail is damp and covered in moss and slick clay. With some kind of trail shoe and a walking stick for balance it shouldn’t be a problem. The rocks at the falls are tricky and the bamboo bridges and walkways have been washed away and not replaced yet. Shot of the trail below.

The first 15 km from my place is small village roads with a fair number of potholes. The last three kilos is a single lane dirt track but no problem for a truck. I have driven there before and there was a truck up there on the trail today.

That ATV guy takes tours there, but he comes from the 1173, while I come in from the 1174 side.

Tat+Khwan++001.jpg
  • Like 1

Nice, the 3km walk would be enjoyable anyway.

The actual walk is only around 300 or 400 meters, from the end of the dirt road. Much of the dirt road looks like this but part of the time it skirts the reservoir.

Tat%2520Khwan%2520%2520010.jpg

When you finally reach the park there is this lane leading to the grassy parking area.

Tat%2520Khwan%2520%2520009.jpg

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 2