The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Burger Map Naklua on main road. Retro inside. Good aircon friendly staff.

15810505336571728255737710595928.thumb.jpg.b64ee4d3a53e2dbd9c60cefa61c93d2b.jpgThe beef seemed very fresh hand formed not frozen and bun homemade.  Not huge but just right tasty.

220 b.

15810504653133533658153874739257.jpg

15810512124383155482347655465660.jpg

Closed and all locked up 2 days ago. The Korean eatery upstairs has gone bust as has a half-hearted attempt at a BBQ place. 

Also, saw Wok n Roll at Dolphin roundabout was closed on Christmas day and has been closed ever since. Spent more time refurbishing the place than running it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, champers said:

Closed and all locked up 2 days ago. The Korean eatery upstairs has gone bust as has a half-hearted attempt at a BBQ place. 

Also, saw Wok n Roll at Dolphin roundabout was closed on Christmas day and has been closed ever since. Spent more time refurbishing the place than running it.

??

Burger Map?

I just ate there today...

My favorite Thai seafood place, Obaroi on Jomtien Beach Rd, in front of Navin resort, has closed and has the for sale signs up.

While missus loves Pupen, I am easy easy, find it a bit chaotic at times and would appreciate any recommendations for good seafood place in Jomtien area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hackjam said:

While missus loves Pupen, I am easy easy, find it a bit chaotic at times and would appreciate any recommendations for good seafood place in Jomtien area.

I stopped going to Pupen and Lung Saway when the Chinese invaded. They might be ok now?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hackjam said:

My favorite Thai seafood place, Obaroi on Jomtien Beach Rd, in front of Navin resort, has closed and has the for sale signs up.

I guess you stay in Jomtien?

I far prefer Naklua for Seafood Restaurants.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hackjam said:

News, under Fraser's in Jomtien has always been a favorite of mine, and glad to report, still good.

Just a caveat. I think some lazy readers might read that post as being about Frasers. Of course it's not. Its about -- 

newssteaks.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hackjam said:

Right now, my favorite Italian around Pattaya is Alby & Micky, on Soi Boukow.

Consistent, clean place with good staff. They seem to have a loyal Italian following. 

Relatively cheap, nothing fancy.

M and A Pasta thumbnail_IMG_0368.jpg

Whereabouts on Soi Buakow is that, please?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Ristorante Rinapp, Soi 13/1 off Pattaya Beach Road.

Soi 13/1 also known as Soi Yamoto and this resto is next door to Yamoto restaurant.

It is Italian owned and seemingly popular amongst the Italians in town.

I had the lasagnella which, as the name suggests, is a smaller version of a lasagna. It was superb, light and delicious. I had room for dessert and plumped for the tartufo. This was also superb, a wonderfully gooey chocolate centre, you could say an icy version of a chocolate fondant.

I will venture back to sample other items on the menu, which allows you to mix and match your favourite pasta to your sauce of choice. A similar deal on gnocci or ravioli.

Prices are value for money.

Reccomended.

Good to know thanks.

If I can make it past the massage shops I frequently hit up there, would like to try it out.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, hackjam said:

Akvavit, Jomtien beach road

They used to be really, really good but then suddenly (Chef left?) the quality plummeted a few years ago. I've been going back every once in a while since then, but no, quality hasn't returned. Perhaps somebody knows the back story?

• Thanks 1

My favorite breakfast is Tropical on Darkside,  the American with extra baked beans, comes with 2 slices of toast and mug of tea. Bacon is crispy streaky. Staff well trained, AC and 180B plus 40B extra for beans. Not greasy. 

Does a good trade, always busy and great Thai food also.

trn    thumbnail_IMG_0390.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hackjam said:

My favorite breakfast is Tropical on Darkside,  the American with extra baked beans, comes with 2 slices of toast and mug of tea. Bacon is crispy streaky. Staff well trained, AC and 180B plus 40B extra for beans.

Darn, hovercraft fuel.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Was in the mood for a good salad.  Saw this special walking around.

I know they have had a 99 b special before, but this is not bad for the quality all very fresh.

At Terminal 21.

15834030242055430036493902775265.jpg

I used to go here regularly. They had a ceasar salad in the salad bar that was pretty good. They stopped that maybe 6 months ago and I stopped going. Any chance it's back?