The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

hello, any idea maybe ? I cannot find on this thread a good honest indian

maybe you know ?

Madras Darbar on 2nd Road opposite Central Festival seems to have a good reputation. It has the added bonus of actually being open; so many Indian places have closed. They have a website with their menu and you can check out independant reviews in the usual places.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, scoupeo said:

maybe you know ?

so it means that you have no idea or all restaurant sell exactly the same food, small overprice portions ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

I am also looking for cheap Indian, do they exist ? I do not ask good or anything special, they all sell exactly the same food, even if few of you can understand this, but i want cheap ! Please !

The Indian food place(if still there) in Big C Extra's food hall claims to be cheaper than the restaurants. From memory, something like 165 baht for a main meal. Bu don't quote me on that, since I didn't try it myself.

But so many had Thali for 150 baht. So always a cheap option on the menu.

Personally, I make my own, in so that I have more control over the process.

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 11:43 PM, scoupeo said:

maybe you know ?

You won't find on this forum...

Hungry hippo is the cheapest, but they have few indian dishes only (and before anybody tell that they are not Indian, I have to tell that they cook exactly the same food as any of your "best" indian restaurants (which is BS because they all sell exactly the same food !)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure where to put this as it's not a review, but here goes.

Looking for a cheap or good value restaurant that serve wine. Cheap Charlies does but I've eaten there enough lately and I want a change. Lots of places like Hungry Hippo only show their food menu.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Had an English breakfast at Wanna Break?, Soi Yamato (Soi 13/1 to the unwashed). 2 eggs, 1 sausage, 2 bacon, good portion of baked beans, 2 slices of wheat toast, tea or coffee. Good 'nuff, up to standard. B95.

https://www.facebook.com/wannabreakpattaya/

Small place run by K. Wanna after her English hubbie died about 4 years ago, struggling to stay open in these dark days. She's a good lady, her relatives (I assume) aren't helping much w/ the service. Stop by if you can; I will again. Good place for a quick bite before hitting the go-go next door--whenever it opens again!

I will try it next time I have a full brekky; quite like the poached eggs option .. and the mushrooms. I normally go to the Swan on the same soi.

1 hour ago, champers said:

I will try it next time I have a full brekky; quite like the poached eggs option .. and the mushrooms. I normally go to the Swan on the same soi.

Mushrooms may be extra, none with the B95 special. Poached eggs were good.

A new Indian Restaurant to me that I found on Grab delivery and have found their food to be really tasty and for Pattaya Indian's not breaking the bank is Tarka House Restaurant, this is my go to Indian right now.

Well worth a try if your an Indian food lover, the only downside I have found when ordering delivery is some of their deep fried food doesn't travel well and is usually soggy by the time it arrives, though I am on the darkside and they are located in one of the sois of Beach road so it has traveled a fair bit by the time it gets to me.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, paul1970 said:

A new Indian Restaurant to me that I found on Grab delivery and have found their food to be really tasty and for Pattaya Indian's not breaking the bank is Tarka House Restaurant, this is my go to Indian right now.

Well worth a try if your an Indian food lover, the only downside I have found when ordering delivery is some of their deep fried food doesn't travel well and is usually soggy by the time it arrives, though I am on the darkside and they are located in one of the sois of Beach road so it has traveled a fair bit by the time it gets to me.

Exactly the same price as anywhere else ! why people keep talking about what they have no idea ?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d12416771-Reviews-Tarka_House_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

Mushrooms may be extra, none with the B95 special. Poached eggs were good.

The mushrooms were on the big brekky on their Facebook site. That would be my option. I like to go see a movie at Major in Avenue mall and will have an English breakfast beforehand. 

On 7/27/2020 at 6:23 AM, jacko45k said:

Watch this space. Two meals I have had of late at the HH have been sub-par. Generally I would say cheaper ingredients or some cost cutting going on. Service still good etc. 

And actually their food is not so good and cheap. They are just good at marketing it seems.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SePl said:

And actually their food is not so good and cheap. They are just good at marketing it seems.

I may have done them an injustice by confusing 'Fish and Chips' with  'Cod and Chips', the latter being far better. That said, some prices going up, Sunday Roast with Lamb is more than it used to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackjam said:

Went to Retox Game on last Monday and had their daily special.

Had the chicken pie, came with homemade chips, beans and a boat of gravy.

Pies are homemade, a really good meal and outstanding value at 199B.

RGO have some good value daily specials.

pie   humbnail_IMG_1977.jpg

Those chips look homemade. Marks out of 10?

On 7/23/2020 at 7:37 AM, salsajapan said:

I am also looking for cheap Indian, do they exist ? I do not ask good or anything special, they all sell exactly the same food, even if few of you can understand this, but i want cheap ! Please !

Why insist on repeating the fallacy of them selling exactly the same food? Are you in their kitchens? Seems rather odd that salsajapan, SePl and scoupeo are using exactly the same phrase. Related?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2020 at 7:51 PM, paul1970 said:

I used to go there for their Bangladeshi food which I found decent but I didn't think much of their Indian food. I recall their Grab menu doesn't include their Bangladeshi dishes. Anyway have your tried Masala Twist also on Grab? I think it's better. 

• Like 1