The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Please try to focus more on the topic here -- SPECIFIC PATTAYA AREA RESTAURANTS.

If people want a discussion about something else, you can start a new thread.

Cheers.

I knew that you were a secret mod! Wind your neck in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I’ve forgotten now, but I posted a review of it on here. Some kind of nice chicken dish.

I used to have a nice dish that I called chicken. Mind you, she's long gone now. A bit like your review.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Especially Japanese. Never had sushi (which I love) that can hold a candle to proper Japanese sushi. I've tried making it with locally bought tuna, yuk!

What about Yamato on Soi 13/1 aka Soi Yamato?  It's been a fixture in Central Pattaya for years.

1 minute ago, AlexCanada said:

What about Yamato on Soi 13/1 aka Soi Yamato?  It's been a fixture in Central Pattaya for years.

First Japanese place I ever ate at in Pattaya. Hoping to impress my squeeze for the night. She quite liked it. Me, not so much. Just a tourist trap. never went back. Have to say that it wasn't expensive though.

• Haha 1

First Japanese place I ever ate at in Pattaya. Hoping to impress my squeeze for the night. She quite liked it. Me, not so much. Just a tourist trap. never went back. Have to say that it wasn't expensive though.

So you don’t eat Japanese in Thailand?

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

So you don’t eat Japanese in Thailand?

No, haven't been in a Japanese restaurant, in Thailand for 4-5 years. Not only are they not that authentic but usually way overpriced too.

• Haha 1

No, haven't been in a Japanese restaurant, in Thailand for 4-5 years. Not only are they not that authentic but usually way overpriced too.

I like Fuji, the avocado salad is great and a lot of the other dishes are pretty good.

I wasn’t any more impressed with the food I had in Japan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Spidey said:

Absolutely the best food in Thailand is to be found in Thai "tin cup" restaurant's. No menu, only one dish on offer.

Stopped at one for lunch, in a small town, en route to Koh Chang, with a friend over on holiday from the UK. He insisted that he didn't like Thai food but agreed to try it. Stewed pork with rice, 40 baht.

The restaurant was heaving, all Thais (always a good sign). All trestle tables and we joined 4 RTP guys, having their lunch. We all cleared our plates and my friend had a second plate. When paying the bill he asked me what kind of pork it was. I pointed out to him that they only served meat from pigs heads. He baulked at that but had to admit that it was the best food he'd eaten in Thailand.

Bets food in Thailand ! 55555+

How funny can be people who think that they have found any best food anywhere. It's ridiculous.

Thinking that all RTP are not scum also is.

22 hours ago, Spidey said:

Why would I remember the name of the town or restaurant?

Maybe because this is why we have a brain ?

Edited by moreem
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

It is rare to meet a poster who dislikes Thai people more than you - is it a surprise they wouldn't tell you anything of value? 

He does not dislike them, he just knows the truth about them more than you will ever know it seems.

Thai know nothing about food and many other things if not all. As easy as this.

13 hours ago, Spidey said:

yes for sure, ou must know more than all the japanese (idiots) that I know who eat jap food here and like it !

1 minute ago, TaaSaparot said:

Considering this a thread of Restaurant Reviews in Pattaya, WE still await your first one.

No you don't, they are there if you look hard enough. Don't break into a sweat though.

39 minutes ago, moreem said:

He does not dislike them, he just knows the truth about them more than you will ever know it seems.

Thai know nothing about food and many other things if not all. As easy as this.

Americans know a lot about food because there are so many large groups of different cultures living in America and opening restaurants.  Europeans the same as it is easy to travel to many countries and many countries have a tradition of fine food like France.  Thais have many different ingredients to work with and a background of many other Asian cuisines and are especially good at home cooking.  The Brits traditionally had the most tasteless food and the least knowledgeable palates in my experience probably from a lack of spices and the naval food traditions and the long period of rationing after WWII.  I never ask a Brit for opinions about food.  Thais are knowledgeable unless you only associate with the dregs of society and they don't know anything about anything in Thailand as well as in any country. 

• Like 2

Jingcheng Chinese Restaurant shouldn’t be compared to a one-dish place if you’re discussing the availability of a menu. As you know, more than many of us, most Chinese places (with that Avenue place look anyway) offer tons of different foods, organized by appetizer through desert, price, time of day, cooking styles, spices, food groups and more, more, more. If you don’t study the menu and winkle out old and new favourites then your tummy will have been done a disservice.

23 hours ago, mogandave said:

So you only eat Thai food in Thailand?

It's not so much that but I try stay away from things that are not typically part of the Thai diet.  Things with cheese and beef and dairy to name a few.  Will never understand the guys who come to Thailand and then complain about the beef.  I never touch the beef in Thailand and therefore I am never disapointed.

Edited by lapd

57 minutes ago, mogandave said:

In my opinion, generally speaking, the fewer the menu items offered, the more likely you are to get a decent meal.

Correct. Best Thai places seem to be one-thing-wonders like koitiauw rua joints. And the best ones I've been in seem to invariably be run by Sino-Thais. Meaning the cuisine actually originates from China, not even Thai native. 

One of the more idiotic things I have read on this board and as you know, there is a lot of idiocy here.

In fact you might remember that I(a Brit) and yourself had a discussion about the quality of food, wherein you did not come off well at all.
Spouting nonsense about foodstuffs about which you knew nothing.

Brits are famous for being well travelled and therefore would have a wider knowledge of foodstuffs that the average American, who may rarely leave their country. The latter having skewed ideas of what authentic ingredients might be.

No, it’s Europeans that are well travelled, not Brits....
  • Sad 1