The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

3 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Walked around Naklua last night and was surprised how busy it was.

Would be much better if you had said that you walked around Naklua Road or even Wong Amart.

Naklua itself (which has some great restaurants) is quite some distance away.

On 1/4/2019 at 6:22 AM, Spidey said:

Had a decent goulash in The Beer Keller in T21, they also have an outlet upstairs in the Avenue. Their in house draught Weissbier was yummy too.

IMG-20181027-WA0001.thumb.jpg.82fe9efe080b9bdbd852181fd35dcb8e.jpg

Curious what sort of pricing?

• Thanks 1

Schnitzel Hans 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnitzel-HANS-Restaurant/275427552638671

Have any of you guys been to Schnitzel Hans........They were located in Drinking Street for many years until high rents forced them to move a few years back...

I in my opinion this was the best Schnitzel in Pattaya....I use to be a regular customer.....

Unfortunately their new location is located deep inside the dark side so not easy to get there with out transport.... I wish they did deliveries....

48381408_2087135521352859_8208839463766327296_n.jpg

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Schnitzel Hans 

Have any of you guys been to Schnitzel Hans........They were located in Drinking Street for many years until high rents forced them to move a few years back...

Yes, many years ago.

Good to see they are still cooking.

Too far away for me.

On 1/5/2019 at 7:01 AM, fforest1 said:

Schnitzel Hans 

I in my opinion this was the best Schnitzel in Pattaya....I use to be a regular customer.....

Unfortunately their new location is located deep inside the dark side so not easy to get there with out transport.... I wish they did deliveries....

48381408_2087135521352859_8208839463766327296_n.jpg

Ate there once(Drinking Street), after reading a recommendation somewhere. I certainly didn't leave there hungry and the price left no injury to my purse.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:08 PM, AlexCanada said:

It was nice to see that Hawker Chan in T21 was not fully deserted today.  In fact, it was quite the opposite as all the tables in the photo were full by the time I left.  I'm guessing it's because it's due to it being New Year's day.

Char Siu Hor Fun still 120 baht and still tastes good.  Staff was happy to see my familiar face from the old RGP store.  

20190101_125211.jpg

20190101_123306.jpg

No, it's because they have introduced a reasonably priced combination menu and got rid of the large, unpleasant girl that used to work there.

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2018 at 3:25 PM, AlexCanada said:

I went by Oishi Eatarium today. I was told buffet is a whopping 812 baht! Even my girlfriend who really misses Oishi Buffet says it's too much. 

https://www.oishifood.com/restaurant/oishi-eaterium/?lang=en

Seems to indicate 705 baht and 13 satang. Perhaps they should update their website.

Central Pattaya Beach

gold-line.png

branch-icon-2.pngAddress :

5 Fl.,333/99 Moo9,Pattaya Sai2 Road,Nong Prue,Bang lamong,Chonburi 20260

gold-line.png

branch-icon-3.pngPhone number : 033-045187

gold-line.png

branch-icon-4.pngOpen : 11:00-22:00 น.

So I finally got around to trying the Royal Garden Plaza Krispy Kreme yesterday.  No lineup but people were contemplating if they could afford the extra calories.  I ordered the Cookies and Cream and my girlfriend ordered Green Tea something.  We ate both those right away.  Both were fine but a few seconds in the microwave to melt mine would have been preferred.  I ordered an Original Glaze and heated it up now in the microwave for 10 seconds.  Tasted fine.  Very soft.  All 3 for 99 baht.  29 + 35 + 35.  The things I do for research!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

So I finally got around to trying the Royal Garden Plaza Krispy Kreme yesterday.  No lineup but people were contemplating if they could afford the extra calories.  I ordered the Cookies and Cream and my girlfriend ordered Green Tea something.  We ate both those right away.  Both were fine but a few seconds in the microwave to melt mine would have been preferred.  I ordered an Original Glaze and heated it up now in the microwave for 10 seconds.  Tasted fine.  Very soft.  All 3 for 99 baht.  29 + 35 + 35.  The things I do for research!

Doughnuts are way overpriced in Thailand....Except Big C were you get like 10 for 45 baht or some thing in the bakery....

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

33 baht in NYC and 30 baht in Bangkok Krispy Kreme 

I'd wager costs to run business in NYC are a tad higher than BKK, about 5x?

Hot tip: go to BigC in sukhumvit just before 9pm (IIRC) and Mr. Donut will sell you the rest of the donuts dirt cheap, I think it was something like 10 for 100b last time I happened to be there. If that's too hard, just buy 1kg of refined sugar and eat with a spoon.

Hot tip: go to BigC in sukhumvit just before 9pm (IIRC) and Mr. Donut will sell you the rest of the donuts dirt cheap, I think it was something like 10 for 100b last time I happened to be there. If that's too hard, just buy 1kg of refined sugar and eat with a spoon.

Over a buck a pop in Chattanooga last October...

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:56 AM, topt said:

20181028_070755.thumb.jpg.74271427422b279d2eb1ef5a567c01d9.jpgCurious what sort of pricing?

Got the name of the restaurant wrong. It's Beerfest.

Goulash - 250 baht.

0.58l Draught Limburgse Witte - 230 baht. Quite expensive but seriously nice. So much so that I needed 2.

Edited by Spidey
  • Thanks 1

On January 3, 2019 at 4:44 PM, AlexCanada said:

Sorry if this has been posted already but I noticed that Steak and Co on Soi lengkee has specials again. However, specials are only from noon until 5 pm. 

20190103_170627.thumb.jpg.1386aba29aef65a076e5e04f2b2aa819.jpg

I had a 200g fillet at The Keg tonite for ฿960 before tax.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Beerfest at Avenue Mall.  Decided to give this place a shot since it's been posted here that the food is good.  Huge mistake.  I was handed a Russian(?) menu.  I went up to the cashier to ask for an English menu and was bad mouthed in Thai by the effeminate male sitting behind the cash register.  Guess he figured I didn't speak Thai to know what he said.  If that guy worked in Canada he would be fired instantly.  You guys can eat here but I refuse to give my money to restaurants with rude staff.  

They used to be full of Russians when they were still visiting Pattaya. I think they were located near T21 on 2nd road that time, was a few years back. Once Russians left, others had been put off and didn't go there. The rude attitude had apparantly rubbed off to the company. Not even near German gemütlichkeit, more like eating at a Novosibirsk gulag. Ambience 0/10.

That said the beers aren't bad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Beerfest at Avenue Mall.  Decided to give this place a shot since it's been posted here that the food is good.  Huge mistake.  I was handed a Russian(?) menu.  I went up to the cashier to ask for an English menu and was bad mouthed in Thai by the effeminate male sitting behind the cash register.  Guess he figured I didn't speak Thai to know what he said.  If that guy worked in Canada he would be fired instantly.  You guys can eat here but I refuse to give my money to restaurants with rude staff.  

Had a very different experience at Beerfest in T21.

14 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Donuts on the beach from the cake ladies are 10 Baht each or 2 for 20 Baht????. Not strictly speaking a restaurant, but just for comparisons sake. Blueberry jam my favourite.

• Haha 1