The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

1 hour ago, pegman said:

image.thumb.jpg.dddf331853b357c20971ecf6c75e5acd.jpgLooks like one of those kiosks on the left behind the SuperTown sign could be where it will be located going by the description.

Tinnie's inflatable advertiser has gone a bit limp. Must be down to the hot weather.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pegman said:

Looks like one of those kiosks on the left behind the SuperTown sign could be where it will be located going by the description.

That's the ex sunrise tacos? Still suffers from lack of parking, I'd be a lot more in the area if I could just park somewhere nearby. There's only a few spots at the curb and they're usually full. A pity as the area has good restaurants.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

That's the ex sunrise tacos? Still suffers from lack of parking, I'd be a lot more in the area if I could just park somewhere nearby. There's only a few spots at the curb and they're usually full. A pity as the area has good restaurants.

Yes, the very same place.

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Try driving down the Soi and park near Antz restaurant. Or you might try the opposite side of Tappraya by on the Soi by the Neo Hotel. 

• Thanks 1

Teddy's Bigger Burgers
Teddy's Smaller Menu

(previously "reviewed" here) 

OK, this is a bit catty but looking at the menu at this place in T21 mall I noticed that SEVERAL menu items have been discontinued. This is an international chain so they're down to being a less than example of that. That doesn't look good to see so many items you can't order. They're focusing on the their burgers now, not surprising.
Gone for example was the Hawaiian Moco Loco. 

If they have slow moving menu items the choice is sell old stock or raise prices.

20 minutes ago, mogandave said:

If they have slow moving menu items the choice is sell old stock or raise prices.

I guess my point is that this is an international chain so they present you with a menu representing the menu from the international chain. Then you look at it and there are several things on that chain menu that they don't serve. It looks really bad to the customer. I won't go further, but people can guess what I'm thinking and what many customers will think as well. Oh well. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Loads of parking usually on Jomtien Beach Road. It's only a short walk from there or you can always hop on a songthauw. 

I guess my point is that this is an international chain so they present you with a menu representing the menu from the international chain. Then you look at it and there are several things on that chain menu that they don't serve. It looks really bad to the customer. I won't go further, but people can guess what I'm thinking and what many customers will think as well. Oh well. 

It’s been my experience that most every international chain has missing and or extra menu items.

I agree it blows, but assuming it’s a chain you like, cutting (what I assume are) slow menu items is much better than seeing them go tits-up.

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

It’s been my experience that most every international chain has missing and or extra menu items.

I agree it blows, but assuming it’s a chain you like, cutting (what I assume are) slow menu items is much better than seeing them go tits-up.

I don't even like them and it seems not many local people do either. I tried them once on eatigo. 

I found on FB that there is apparently a new burrito shop in town.

As I don't have the address or phone contact I don't know if it's a shop you can eat at, or delivery only.

100 to 150 baht price range. (That's cheap.)

If someone has additional info, please post.

Bz Burritoz

Burritos as Big as your Head
Delivery to South Pattaya, Soi Buakhao and Jomtien

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I found on FB that there is apparently a new burrito shop in town.

As I don't have the address or phone contact I don't know if it's a shop you can eat at, or delivery only.

100 to 150 baht price range. (That's cheap.)

If someone has additional info, please post.

This:

bz.JPG.0ff42e0013323908088ef4e0191da6ae.JPG

That market is on the darkside: https://goo.gl/maps/jB1cafgSK63BvMX39

Too deep in for me to go, but hopefully somebody checks it out.

• Like 1

GOKUL

Indian Vegetarian Street Food

2nd road, just south of Pattaya Tai, west side of road

Affiliated with Govinda restaurant, Pattaya Klang

This place was mentioned before and I got around to trying it. They serve tasty snacks. Everything on offer is indicated on a menu and with samples in their case. In most cases they will be cooking the items on display fresh so don't worry about that. The prices are quite cheap. The owner will explain what's in all the dishes. I tried two items, one looks like a kind of savory cake, it's sweet and sour, only 15 baht to sample, it was very good. Also had dumplings in yogurt spiced flavored with some spice and tamarind that was served cold. Very pleasant at 50 baht. That was basically my "dessert" after another small meal elsewhere. There are no tables, so you basically need to eat the dishes standing up right there. That is a downside, but the food is quite good and cheap so you can't have everything. I would definitely recommend. 

• Like 1

Made in Italy, Jomtien 2nd road near Soi 5 (across from Rompho Market) is now STILE ITALIANO.

(Italian Style). It appears to be a similar business as before selling imported Italian ingredients deli style and also a restaurant. Made in Italy used to have a sometimes quite good Friday night buffet but so far it doesn't appear that Stile Italiano will be doing the same.

• Like 1

The exodus of farangs seems to be having it's effect.. Cherry's was there for how long, 10+y and Lone Star at least 5? RMPM gone the only place left for ribs is Smokin' Joes? Even the Jomthien place closed.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

The exodus of farangs seems to be having it's effect.. Cherry's was there for how long, 10+y and Lone Star at least 5? RMPM gone the only place left for ribs is Smokin' Joes? Even the Jomthien place closed.

Lone Star still exists, as does RMPM, as does Cherrys.

Just more wishful thinking I guess?

Edited by TaaSaparot
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Lone Star BBQ

Soi Lengkee

OUT OF BUSINESS

Menu moving to Retox down the street

Wow really?  I walked by a few days ago and it was still open.  Saw the owner there.  Decent food but absolutely terrible rude service.  I stopped going there because the wait staff was the worst I've encountered in Pattaya and that's saying something!  Maybe Beerfest at Avenue Mall was worse.  Moving menu to Retox is actually a good thing imho.  Retox Lengkee staff are nice.  

I went to Cherry's a couple of times when I first moved here.  First time was passable second time was horrible so I never returned.  Too bad since I pass by it often.

Edited by AlexCanada

10 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Lone Star still exists, as does RMPM, as does Cherrys.

Just more wishful thinking I guess?

Read above. Cherry's was apparently false alarm, but RMPM is known, news about Lone Star came from JT. I fully expect US-style farang food to disappear with the Chinese takeover. It's clearly visible already. A big fat negative for Pattaya.

52 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Read above. Cherry's was apparently false alarm, but RMPM is known, news about Lone Star came from JT. I fully expect US-style farang food to disappear with the Chinese takeover. It's clearly visible already. A big fat negative for Pattaya.

McDonalds and Burger King don't have Asian customers? McDs have more and more branches opening, not less.

12 minutes ago, champers said:

McDonalds and Burger King don't have Asian customers? McDs have more and more branches opening, not less.

I meant food not junk food. As in slow smoked ribs, brisket, pulled pork, etc.

Edited by DrTuner

32 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I meant food not junk food. As in slow smoked ribs, brisket, pulled pork, etc.

I disagree. RMPM marketed itself by word of mouth. You had to be practically through the front door to realise you were there. It was out of the way and unlikely to pick up passing trade.

If they do; as planned; move to a location in Pattaya that is more visible I am sure the Chinese will be customers. Many decent Italian eateries have many Chinese customers, for example.

The young independant travellers who have been educated abroad are more than happy to eat good Western food.

3 minutes ago, champers said:

The young independant travellers who have been educated abroad are more than happy to eat good Western food.

Pink unicorns. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though. Jim's burgers is at the epicenter of the Chinese faux gogo & feeding grounds, yet there's usually only one or no tables with the fabled creatures at them. The Chinese with western habits go to west.

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Pink unicorns. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though. Jim's burgers is at the epicenter of the Chinese faux gogo & feeding grounds, yet there's usually only one or no tables with the fabled creatures at them. The Chinese with western habits go to west.

Jims is off the beaten track and is at the epicentre of tour bus land, not a place for the young and independant types who stick to baht bus routes and the places on them.