The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

Troll post removed also some emoticons that are indicative of stalking another member have also been removed from posts.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

On 3/18/2022 at 12:54 PM, thierryviteau said:

I put the link to this place...

https://goo.gl/maps/c3miVUv51CuhhBGq5

they are not specialized in any cold cuts

they just serve breakfast with some ham

https://www.instagram.com/bellsinnlove/

Imported Hams and cheeses and sausages. Served as cold cuts and sandwiches. A non cooked breakfast.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thierryviteau said:

The only good news apart from the war is that Cheap charlies will open shortly at JOMTIEN SOI 5.

Clearly a hit, because it's one of the few places in Pattaya selling good food at correct price.

https://www.facebook.com/cheapcharliesofficial

Good news, though their food is only average IMO.

Simons has been replaced by an overpriced coffee shop. 80 Baht for an Americano and no cakes for sale - shameful!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thierryviteau said:

The only good news apart from the war is that Cheap charlies will open shortly at JOMTIEN SOI 5.

Clearly a hit, because it's one of the few places in Pattaya selling good food at correct price.

https://www.facebook.com/cheapcharliesofficial

Cheap Charlies is real hit and miss.....Some of their food is ok other things are just simply lously.......Same goes for Hungry Hippo.....

After I eat at these places it makes me want to go buy a Chang beer and sit in front of 7-11....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Off topic post dragging Bangkok into the topic has been removed also replies.

This is the Pattaya forum so anything outside Pattaya is off topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I like it too.

It's not exactly gourmet level but they have nice food.

I favor the fish balls and cakes and sometimes the lamb cabbage stew. 

Prices versus quality food is ok, but as say traditional house meals as we say. I had the roastbeef dish and christmas dish as my favorite there. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Cheap Charlies is real hit and miss.....Some of their food is ok other things are just simply lously.......Same goes for Hungry Hippo.....

Agreed.

And inconsistent I have found of the latter.... Struggle to decide what to have...

On 1/3/2022 at 4:24 AM, redwood1 said:

I just found a app called Tap Translate that translates a page with one tap which works good on my samsung s8...........No screen capture needed...It only does one page at a time but but its fast and does a good job...

Tap Translate appears to have lost the ability to translate a full screen from Thai to English, although still has the ability to translate selected text which is not easy to do on a page with small text.

Does anyone know of another app which can do the full screen?  I've tried a couple but they require selecting text too, and not just doing the whole screen.

On 3/27/2022 at 10:48 AM, treetops said:

Tap Translate appears to have lost the ability to translate a full screen from Thai to English, although still has the ability to translate selected text which is not easy to do on a page with small text.

Does anyone know of another app which can do the full screen?  I've tried a couple but they require selecting text too, and not just doing the whole screen.

Firefox has a plug in to translate a full page into any language. 

Lung Chef

137 Thanon Pattaya Klang

FOOD PANDA

Thai and Taiwanese, who woulda thunk?

For those that get Thailand confused with Taiwan, this would be the place to eat.

But the food is good too!

Of course I like Thai food but I'm not aware of any other currently open Taiwanese restaurants in the area, except for a fried squid fast food place in Jomtien.

I have sampled two Grab meals from this place and I will be back for more. Moderate prices some might find a little pricey, decent portions, delicious flavor. I won't even mention the specific dishes I've tried as I've noticed their menu seems to be in flux, what they have one day, they won't have the next, but they might have something else.

The prices might be lower in house than on Grab, but I don't know that.

They don't have scads of Taiwanese dishes but they have a fair amount. Their Thai choices go beyond the standard cookie cutter Thai menu. Seafood seems to be featured. 

Some examples of less common Thai dishes there:

Hor Mok Talay (seafood coconut curry mousse in a coconut)

Hang Ley Curry (Lanna food)

Beef and pumpkin Massaman served in pumpkin

The rice is jasmine which works for many Thai dishes but not so much for Taiwanese.

I'm not going to say say their food is mind blowing, but like I said, I'll be back to try more of their menu, and I won't be surprised if this place enters my rotation. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

Hey Jingthing, I can’t find Lung Chef on Food Panda or Google. Could you check the spelling please.

Add the word restaurant and it will be top of the list.

It opens today at 11:30 or noon.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, NewGuy said:

Hey Jingthing, I can’t find Lung Chef on Food Panda or Google. Could you check the spelling please.

https://www.wongnai.com/restaurants/151798ZF-ครัวลุงเชฟ/photos

or if you prefer; Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/LungChefRestaurantPattaya/

I think they were in Chom Tien before.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Thanks 1

Of course Lung means Uncle so I see on Wongnai it's named Uncle Chef's Kitchen.

I see they're on Lineman and some dishes on discount. But in Thai. Also weirdly higher prices. Hor Mok Talay 250 on Panda but 299 on Lineman!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

I almost missed that Pattaya Beer Garden reopened! ????

One of my favorite spots in Pattaya since many years.

Nice location (it is the first building right a the beginning of walking street which is built into the sea), reasonable prices (jug of Chang draft is 175THB) and good portions of food. Plus they play nice music which is not too loud so that you can still have a talk with your friends.

http://www.pattayabeergarden.com/

I am afraid that the menu on their homepage is not up to date.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 1:38 PM, Jingthing said:

I've never eaten at Hippo or CC and I.don't intend to.

I thought you were subjective when it came to restaurants and the food they sell?  Why have you ruled out these establishments?  

• Haha 1