Jump to content

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I like Texas chicken. I usually get the Mexican wrap and a couple biscuit.

 

That said, I still think the best takeout chicken in Thailand is the Five-Star  rotisserie. I don't care for their fried chicken though. 

 

Incidentally. the biscuits at Texas chicken are sweet, but the texture is nothing like a muffin.

The chicken at Texas chicken is nothing to write home about but the biscuits are pretty darn good.......Chicken is just to common for me to make a special trip to Texas chicken...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted on the other thread (about businesses opening and closing) a few weeks ago about the Pulcinella Italian Risto-Pub that has opened in the former Punch & Judy premises on Soi 17 (Soi Region

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B. Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punter

Tonight I have been to a place, where I will return for sure very soon. An Italian Restaurant at Soi Roi Lang or Soi 27, Naklua Road, just opposite of the Lotus Express.   As a fre

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I think biscuits in the US are something like dumplings. The northern biscuits are just different from southern style biscuits. 

No. Not dumplings!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. Not dumplings!

No. What I meant was that biscuits in the are like dumplings in that northern style are different than southern stye.

 

I did not mean to imply that biscuits in the US were like dumplings. That said, northern style dumplings are more like boiled biscuits while southern style dumplings are more  like big noodles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No. What I meant was that biscuits in the are like dumplings in that northern style are different than southern stye.

 

I did not mean to imply that biscuits in the US were like dumplings. That said, northern style dumplings are more like boiled biscuits while southern style dumplings are more  like big noodles.

Noodles?!? Nope.

Quick bread. Yes.

Edited by Jingthing
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I think biscuits in the US are something like dumplings. The northern biscuits are just different from southern style biscuits. 

Always made me think of scones... but obviously without the cream and raspberry jam topping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Always made me think of scones... but obviously without the cream and raspberry jam topping. 

Not nearly as dense as scones. Southern American scones are fluffy. A similar shape. Biscuits are paired with savory foods like sausage gravy. In any case what Texas Chicken is serving here as biscuits are not authentic.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

^^

My advice would be to visit at least once; to make sure that the chicken that you get is actually from them.

I've not ever used GRAB but sometimes I am there when the GRAB riders arrive. If there is no chicken available they might drive off. I have no idea as to whether they will substitute with chicken from another place. So visit at least once to know their style of chicken in so that it cannot be substituted without your knowledge.

They aren't open on Sundays.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

^^

My advice would be to visit at least once; to make sure that the chicken that you get is actually from them.

I've not ever used GRAB but sometimes I am there when the GRAB riders arrive. If there is no chicken available they might drive off. I have no idea as to whether they will substitute with chicken from another place. So visit at least once to know their style of chicken in so that it cannot be substituted without your knowledge.

They aren't open on Sundays.

That's kind of ridiculous. 

It comes in their branded box and sets usually include their cruddy biscuits.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

 

What is ridiculous is that you are clearly discussing Texas Chicken; nothing to do with my Kaitod Laek recommendation.

Good point. Texas chicken running out of chicken would be ridiculous.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, hackjam said:

WOW, that looks awesome, will plan for next Monday.

Is that a standard delivery charge?

It's 100 to Jomtien. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Espanol said:

I order seafood paella with a rock lobster

I'm disappointed.......you are eating that and drinking Chang..............

 

Where's the Albarino or even a .........(fill in blank :biggrin:)

 

Looks good and if I wasn't currently in the UK I would be trying :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hackjam said:

WOW, that looks awesome, will plan for next Monday.

Is that a standard delivery charge?

Yes. 50 baht delivery in their website. I don't know if there is a distance limit, since I live not far from them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, topt said:

Where's the Albarino or even a .........(fill in blank :biggrin:)

Believe it or not, I went 4 times this week to buy Rioja wine to Big C and Villa Market and I couldn't: always too early or too late.

It's crazy that limit in time to buy alcohol. 🤬

 

Anyway, a good beer is what we use to drink in summer with seafood paella at a seaside "chiringuito" on the beach. 🍺🏖

 

But I agree that Albariño would be best option for seafood 🥂🦀🦞🦐

 

 

Edited by Espanol
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...