The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I like Texas chicken. I usually get the Mexican wrap and a couple biscuit.

That said, I still think the best takeout chicken in Thailand is the Five-Star  rotisserie. I don't care for their fried chicken though. 

Incidentally. the biscuits at Texas chicken are sweet, but the texture is nothing like a muffin.

The chicken at Texas chicken is nothing to write home about but the biscuits are pretty darn good.......Chicken is just to common for me to make a special trip to Texas chicken...

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. Not dumplings!

No. What I meant was that biscuits in the are like dumplings in that northern style are different than southern stye.

I did not mean to imply that biscuits in the US were like dumplings. That said, northern style dumplings are more like boiled biscuits while southern style dumplings are more  like big noodles.

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No. What I meant was that biscuits in the are like dumplings in that northern style are different than southern stye.

I did not mean to imply that biscuits in the US were like dumplings. That said, northern style dumplings are more like boiled biscuits while southern style dumplings are more  like big noodles.

Noodles?!? Nope.

Quick bread. Yes.

Edited by Jingthing

16 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I think biscuits in the US are something like dumplings. The northern biscuits are just different from southern style biscuits. 

Always made me think of scones... but obviously without the cream and raspberry jam topping. 

• Like 1

^^

My advice would be to visit at least once; to make sure that the chicken that you get is actually from them.

I've not ever used GRAB but sometimes I am there when the GRAB riders arrive. If there is no chicken available they might drive off. I have no idea as to whether they will substitute with chicken from another place. So visit at least once to know their style of chicken in so that it cannot be substituted without your knowledge.

They aren't open on Sundays.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

^^

My advice would be to visit at least once; to make sure that the chicken that you get is actually from them.

I've not ever used GRAB but sometimes I am there when the GRAB riders arrive. If there is no chicken available they might drive off. I have no idea as to whether they will substitute with chicken from another place. So visit at least once to know their style of chicken in so that it cannot be substituted without your knowledge.

They aren't open on Sundays.

That's kind of ridiculous. 

It comes in their branded box and sets usually include their cruddy biscuits.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Espanol said:

I order seafood paella with a rock lobster

I'm disappointed.......you are eating that and drinking Chang..............

Where's the Albarino or even a .........(fill in blank :biggrin:)

Looks good and if I wasn't currently in the UK I would be trying :thumbsup:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hackjam said:

WOW, that looks awesome, will plan for next Monday.

Is that a standard delivery charge?

Yes. 50 baht delivery in their website. I don't know if there is a distance limit, since I live not far from them. 

8 hours ago, topt said:

Where's the Albarino or even a .........(fill in blank :biggrin:)

Believe it or not, I went 4 times this week to buy Rioja wine to Big C and Villa Market and I couldn't: always too early or too late.

It's crazy that limit in time to buy alcohol. ????

Anyway, a good beer is what we use to drink in summer with seafood paella at a seaside "chiringuito" on the beach. ????????

But I agree that Albariño would be best option for seafood ????????????????

Edited by Espanol
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 12:57 PM, Espanol said:

Tapas Spanish Grill

098 510 9433

https://maps.app.goo.gl/7Hb3fzvV7GRsamJ97

Menu has 3 different sections:

Spanish food

Chinese food and

BBQ 

About Spanish food I went to eat "Tortilla española", one of the most typical Spanish tapas and probably the one we mostly ask in Spanish bars.

It's difficult to find a good Tortilla even in Spain and some bars are famous only for it.

About this one, it was perfect. Homemade, creamy, made to order and served with homemade alioli sauce. You can not find a better Tortilla española in Madrid or Sevilla. 

The price was 140 baht and for that price they served, not only one tapa, but full tortilla, what it's a real good price, and indeed cheaper than in Spain.

20211125_122941.jpg

20211125_123118.jpg

Agreed. This place is a winner. 

• Thanks 1

What are your opinions on the food delivery apps and why....

My opinion.....

#1.....https://www.hotmeals2u.com/   No discounts but its very clear and easy to use, good English...

#2.... New York pizza....I just call, They keep a record of you last order, super easy...

#3 Hungry now.....Some nice discounts good English and the app works well....

#4 Eatigo....Nice discounts good English but a 60 Baht delivery fee....

#5 Line, Panda, and Grab......I can find no discounts, the sites don't navigate well, a fair amount of Thai with no English......

Anyone care to agree or disagree...

• Thanks 1

Hungry Now is my favorite, so user friendly and great discounts.

GRAB does my head in trying to access discounts, just wish Caddyshack and Robin Hood T were on Hungry Now. And way more expensive than HN. Most Thais do prefer GRAB.

I also use Foodpanda but only for Grillicious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Whats the deal with not having more english on the food choices on these apps.......This is a real problem......Is there a way to translate? Why not have a Thai and English setting? Its kind of stupid not to....

Yes.

Install Screenshot Capture.

Shake the screen.

Load that image into Google translate.

Highlight the text.

Sorted.

Edited by Jingthing