Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes.

Install Screenshot Capture.

Shake the screen.

Load that image into Google translate.

Highlight the text.

Sorted.

I just found a app called Tap Translate that translates a page with one tap which works good on my samsung s8...........No screen capture needed...It only does one page at a time but but its fast and does a good job...

• Thanks 2

A update on the food delivery apps....

I spent a whole day looking at these apps.....

None of them are great in my opinion....If you speak english Hungry now is by far the best one, it also has the most easy to use discounts but it also has the least number of choices.....

Hungry Now seems to have solved the expensive Indian food problem with its 50% discounts.....

Line and Grab have VAST choices but a translator is required for a farang......And both their search functions suck, but once you found a restaurant you like you can save it.....Both have loads of good deals..

With Panda I could not figure out a way to save a restaurant so that makes Panda all but useless to me......

Using a translator really changes the food app game for a farang.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are some great deals on Hungry Now

Basmati Cafe

Tikka Masala Chicken and Rice and Naan bread 129 Baht

Butter Chicken and Rice and Naan bread 129 Baht

Plus lots of other 50% off Indian food deals....Finally some not overpriced Indian food....

• Thanks 1

For anyone who is interested I did finally figure out a way to save Panda restaurants sort of...

First you tap the share button...Then click Line Keep....Then go to your Line home page...Then look under your name and click keep.....Then click the restaurant... Then click the restaurant again....Then click open with  Foodpanda... Then you will be at the restaurant......lol.......Yes it does work.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2017 at 7:33 AM, champers said:

Strangely most European countries except Spain have plenty of visitors here and restaurants too. Where do Spaniards go for their holidays in SE Asia? Phillipines?

Spanish people prefer eating local food when they travel. So, they don't go to Spanish restaurants.

Only Spanish residents look for Spanish food when they miss Spain, and not many Spaniards living in Thailand. Most of them are in Koh Tao and Koh Lipe.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2017 at 12:21 PM, Rajab Al Zarahni said:

I suspect that a number of them will go to spanish speaking caribbean and central American countries...

Indeed, when Spaniards want a vacation on a tropical beach outside Spain, they usually think of the former Spanish colonies in America; mainly Cuba, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Mexico or Costa Rica.

Edited by Espanol

Another rather jolly place is a coffee bar on Pratumnak, perhaps coffee bars should have their own subsection...L'Amour Coffee Bubble between Soi 5 and 6, near Tara Court. The café does 'Weasel' or 'Civet' coffee and a selection of Bubble teas. It's also has cakes and snacks but no full meals.  Good A/C and Wifi.  A nice little local business to support

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 6:43 PM, hackjam said:

This is a Thai place we use in Jomtiem, worth a try IMHO. Just use it for take away, love their Pad Karpow. 

Its opposite Grand Caribbean Condo, which is just up from Frasers.  

IMG_6858.PNG

thumbnail_IMG_6859.png

So appealing !

On 11/13/2018 at 8:29 AM, Jingthing said:

Pizza Art had purist traditional Neopolitan pizza. Particularly the crust. I loved it. I know of no other place doing that in Pattaya.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_pizza

So a question, for anyone that had Pizza Art pizza and liked it, is there another place in Pattaya that does it like they did?

PIZZA ITALY
420/163 moo9 soi buakhaow

https://goo.gl/maps/46mw64UsLNSHLFNz5

Authentic Neapolitan pizza, prepared in a wood oven in full view of the public and at a good price.
The owner is Neapolitan and prepares the pizzas personally.

My place to go for a good pizza in Pattaya.

Edited by Espanol
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2019 at 6:52 AM, KneeDeep said:

Who'd have thought it?

Not one authentic Italian restaurant in the whole of Pattaya; http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/food/2019/02/28/there-are-44-italian-restaurants-in-thailand-rome-approves-of/

Seems we need to go to Ambassador City to get authentic ingredients; http://www.ambassadorcityjomtien.com/restaurant-jomtien-beach/pasta-pasta-restaurant-jomtien.html

????

In the updated list, "Pasta Pasta" has disappeared and is replaced by "Italian Osteria".

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/food/2019/11/20/the-52-italian-restaurants-in-thailand-that-italians-wont-scoff-at/

10 minutes ago, Espanol said:

In the updated list, "Pasta Pasta" has disappeared and is replaced by "Italian Osteria".

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/food/2019/11/20/the-52-italian-restaurants-in-thailand-that-italians-wont-scoff-at/

Hmmm "The guide tests for authenticity rather than taste: requirements include a good restaurant layout, grammatically correct Italian menu names, use of Italian extra virgin olive oil, a lack of “fusion food” such as tom yum kung or durian pizza, and so on."

A restaurant guide that does not care how the food tastes and disqualifies restaurants with grammatically incorrect menus, interesting. 

On 2/3/2022 at 3:59 PM, Espanol said:

PIZZA ITALY
420/163 moo9 soi buakhaow

https://goo.gl/maps/46mw64UsLNSHLFNz5

Authentic Neapolitan pizza, prepared in a wood oven in full view of the public and at a good price.
The owner is Neapolitan and prepares the pizzas personally.

My place to go for a good pizza in Pattaya.

Call it whatever you like. I've eaten there and Pizza Art was much better.

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 10:29 AM, Yellowtail said:

Hmmm "The guide tests for authenticity rather than taste: requirements include a good restaurant layout, grammatically correct Italian menu names, use of Italian extra virgin olive oil, a lack of “fusion food” such as tom yum kung or durian pizza, and so on."

A restaurant guide that does not care how the food tastes and disqualifies restaurants with grammatically incorrect menus, interesting. 

If they don't even know how to write the name it's a bad symptom.

I would never enter a restaurant to order "pitxa" ans "espageti".

If you guys want inexpensive Indian food forget ever going to another Indian restaurant....

The Hungry Now app is great......Lots of cheap Indian food on there..............

Lots of dishes around 100, 110, 120 baht.......Not the rip off prices of walk in restaurants...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1