The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

This weeks TGIF fish and chip treat took me to Caddyshack, a nice clean UK style pub, A/C and decent menu.

The F & C was excellent, from previous visit I recalled that their mushy peas were poor, so went for beans. I am not sure, but think they had home made hand cut chips last time, anyway this time came with steak fries. While not as good, still decent enough.

The cod came with breadcrumbs but can change for batter.

245B is a good price. Had a strawberry cheesecake for 75B, again really good.

Also noticed their new breakfast menu and looks like they have done away with that awful bacon they served previously, so will go next week and try.

Also worth mentioning, missus had a Thai dish and she said it was good.

Really feel sorry for these type players that are doing most things right and unable to serve booze, 

f & c thumbnail_IMG_5710.jpg

Edited by hackjam
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, hackjam said:

This weeks TGIF fish and chip treat took me to Caddyshack, a nice clean UK style pub, A/C and decent menu.

The F & C was excellent, from previous visit I recalled that their mushy peas were poor, so went for beans. I am not sure, but think they had home made hand cut chips last time, anyway this time came with steak fries. While not as good, still decent enough.

Also noticed their new breakfast menu and looks like they have done away with that awful bacon they served previously, so will go next week and try.

Really feel sorry for these type players that are doing most things right and unable to serve booze, 

Baked beans with F&C? Sacrilege!!!!!! ????

Chips look a bit anaemic...... then again i like mine cremated! ???? 

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:05 PM, hackjam said:

60 thb at Uncle Nuad street steak restaurant.

On 8/17/2021 at 4:18 PM, Jingthing said:

No biggie but I got the May's  taco Tuesdays prices a little wrong.

The prices are 59 for chicken or pork and 69 for fish or shrimp. 

Tacos here won't remind you of Mexico or Texas but they are tasty. Very large for the price.

Mostly salad with some chicken, pork of fish sprinkled on top.

.....but the waitress was awesome! Found myself humming that old Linda Rondstat tune all the way home.."Its so easy to fall in love"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Tacos here won't remind you of Mexico or Texas but they are tasty. Very large for the price.

Mostly salad with some chicken, pork of fish sprinkled on top.

.....but the waitress was awesome! Found myself humming that old Linda Rondstat tune all the way home.."Its so easy to fall in love"

Yeah I agree. Their tacos are about as "Mexican" as Betty Boop in a muumuu.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pattaya News Flash - September 2021

Any opinions on the new Texas chicken?

I ate there and I don't have anything positive or negative to say about the place.....I have had better chicken from street carts but that does not mean Texas chicken was bad.......Anyone else? 

I am kind of ho-hum about the place myself...

Edited by redwood1

25 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Pattaya News Flash - September 2021

Any opinions on the new Texas chicken?

I ate there and I don't have anything positive or negative to say about the place.....I have had better chicken from street carts but that does not mean Texas chicken was bad.......Anyone else? 

I am kind of ho-hum about the place myself...

I like Texas Chicken, I think it's Church's in the US.

I like the Mexican Chicken wraps, I think the biscuits are great, the coleslaw very good and they have a nice selection of desserts. 

What did you have? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I like Texas Chicken, I think it's Church's in the US.

I like the Mexican Chicken wraps, I think the biscuits are great, the coleslaw very good and they have a nice selection of desserts. 

What did you have? 

I had the chicken a biscuits,and I agree the biscuits were pretty good.... 

I will give the chicken wraps a try next time....

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I used to really really LUV Pizza Art on Tappraya Jomtien for Neopolitan pizza until they sadly closed (pre Covid). 

Now I see there is another such place:

Pizza Napoli - หน้าหลัก - เมืองพัทยา - เมนู ราคา รีวิวร้านอาหาร | Facebook

Has anyone tried it? Any comments? Ideally comparing to Pizza Art. It's far from me so if I do try it it will be delivery and for a pizza that's a problem.

No need to mention Pizza Big (not a fan). 

Yes, i've ordered from them a couple of times but that was a few months ago..

It is Napoli style as the name suggests, and having  discovered Napoli style only two years ago, I'm a big fan. I'm not at all fond of the pizza cracker style so common in Pattaya.

They do charge 60 Baht delivery, so that;s more expensive than most pizza shops on Grab.

I'd rate it a 6 or 7 on a 10 scale.. Pizza Nicola was where I first had Napoli style and that place was better.. but though still having same name, owner changed and no more Napoli style crust available.

Edited by bobbin
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, ScotlandtheBrave said:

Looks like O'Garas on Pratumnak is the latest casualty and has closed down. Sad.

Lots of people I knew spent time staying at Tara Court over the years, going right back to when it forst opened up, so I have been to O'Gara's many times and have to say, it is a lovely bar.

But their menu has always been average and also their food. Drinks overpriced too.

Went to RHT for Sunday Roast last weekend. I had the large plate-5 meats and missus had small-3 meats. 299 and 199B.

The lamb was tough and stringy, beef tough, yorkies were flat. Everything else was really good.

Place reasonably busy early afternoon.

Aside, they are having a breakfast buffet next Sunday for the boxing, think its 249B. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hackjam said:

Went to RHT for Sunday Roast last weekend. I had the large plate-5 meats and missus had small-3 meats. 299 and 199B.

The lamb was tough and stringy, beef tough, yorkies were flat. Everything else was really good.

Place reasonably busy early afternoon.

Aside, they are having a breakfast buffet next Sunday for the boxing, think its 249B. 

The "Friar Tuck" buffet breakfast that Robin Hood Tavern used to do a while back was the best full English breakfast in Pattaya IMHO. It was 199 baht, the last time I had it.

download.jpg

• Thanks 1

Do you know any Italian that is not a scam ? Somewhere similar to punch and judy pulcinella ?

I like food there but cannot eat anymore because of stupid staff who rush you (bring the bill without asking first, etc...) and idiot totally useless owner who managed nothing but prefer to keep smoking on his terrace, annoying customers.

thank you

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, questionsreplies said:

Do you know any Italian that is not a scam ? Somewhere similar to punch and judy pulcinella ?

I like food there but cannot eat anymore because of stupid staff who rush you (bring the bill without asking first, etc...) and idiot totally useless owner who managed nothing but prefer to keep smoking on his terrace, annoying customers.

thank you

I don't know about their service but I'm not a fan of their food. You might try this place as the prices are on the lower side (but I'm also not a big fan of their food either).

Whats Up Dock Jomtien Beach, Pattaya – Issan Food Italian Food Homemade Sicilian Pizza (whatsupdockth.com)

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2021 at 5:59 PM, questionsreplies said:

thank you

Italian food is "a scam" unless it's priced under 200bt. Is that your message?

• Haha 2