The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

20 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Love the breakfast choice in Pattaya. Sportsman 195 baht, Nicky's 99 baht and I-Rovers 129 baht (all included coffee)

20220414_110155.jpg

20220411_094544.jpg

20220116_090054.jpg

Nicky's & i-Rovers both look pretty good to me. Only thing missing is black pud IMHO. 

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2022 at 1:54 PM, aussiexpat said:

Nicky's 99

Where is this place exactly? I've been locked in AU the past couple years so looking at going back to my old haunts when I get back. Is Hungry Hypo, Chunky Monkey still going too? But that Nicky's 99 looks like a good cheap breakfast for me.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bmanly said:

Where is this place exactly? I've been locked in AU the past couple years so looking at going back to my old haunts when I get back. Is Hungry Hypo, Chunky Monkey still going too? But that Nicky's 99 looks like a good cheap breakfast for me.

Nicky's is further south on Soi Buakhao than the two you mention, and of those two Chunky Monkey is long gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2022 at 9:23 AM, aussiexpat said:

Well done by anyone who can eat all of Nicky's 195 baht "Mega breakfast", it's huge

FB_IMG_1652667646704.jpg

Is coffee better than cheapcharlies ? it's awful there, they really have no face and brain to give coffee not even made in a correct machine, they give standard filtered coffee.... so ridiculous for people who call themselves experts.... We quit using this kind of machine 20 years ago and cheapcharlies dares to give them to customers....

image.png.20827e686e4d8d4162429ef10bc0c491.png

Edited by ThaiSmarterThanYou
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 5/10/2022 at 3:04 PM, vidgra said:

Cheap charlies is open now, the 99 breakfast is good, but not the one with mushroom as they use $hit white mushroom not the usual ones, I wonder if someone like them ?

also, do people in UK really eat the $hit fried bread ? how ridiculous useless dog food it is... so weird... even the French do it better, at least they fry with eggs and sugar !

I've tried Cheap Charlies twice now and both times ordered items from the Specials board out front. Both times i was charged the full price on the menu rather than the "special" price. OK it's only small money but what's the point of having a specials board (to attract customers) if you are just going to charge the normal full price?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I've tried Cheap Charlies twice now and both times ordered items from the Specials board out front. Both times i was charged the full price on the menu rather than the "special" price. OK it's only small money but what's the point of having a specials board (to attract customers) if you are just going to charge the normal full price?

Do you possess their magical discount card? If not you were charged correctly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Do you possess their magical discount card? If not you were charged correctly.

I don't want to make a big deal about a few baht (well i am a cheap charlie)  but i thought the discount card (shown above) gives you a special meal for 99 baht. The price on the specials board is just below the normal menu price. Example yesterday fish and chips in the menu 169 baht, fish and chips on the specials board 149 baht, discount card holder price 99 baht. I was charged 169 baht.

Edited by Henryford

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

I don't want to make a big deal about a few baht (well i am a cheap charlie)  but i thought the discount card (shown above) gives you a special meal for 99 baht. The price on the specials board is just below the normal menu price. Example yesterday fish and chips in the menu 169 baht, fish and chips on the specials board 149 baht, discount card holder price 99 baht. I was charged 169 baht.

Yes that's how it works.

If indeed you do possess a valid card and you showed it and you didn't get the discount, it seems to me a restaurant called Cheap Charlies is the perfect place to make a stink! 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

Off-topic, troll posts removed.  Please be aware of the following rule:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:51 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

Nicky's & i-Rovers both look pretty good to me. Only thing missing is black pud IMHO. 

For the best overall value (good ) breakfast I think I-Rovers wins, because you also get orange juice and tea or coffee with your meal....On the rare occasions I eat breakfast out, its always I-Rovers...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2022 at 3:40 PM, Henryford said:

Their food is terrible, only breakfast is acceptable, but is it true that they now do not give real espresso coffee ?

It was different before ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

Just a little heads up.

Pleasant surprise today on Thappraya Road between Soi 7 and 9 left hand side on the way out of Pattaya to Jomtien a few hundred yards before the Pratumnak lights/intersection. What was the shuttered Legende European Restaurant has been replaced by the former long established " Buono Donne " Italian restaurant, the new "old" sign was going up as I went past so I stopped in for a takeaway.

This used to be a very popular place for years which only changed hands when the old Italian owner passed away. The inside has benefitted from the renovation the Legende owner carried out, you've got to feel for them as they only opened a few months before Covid shutdown started so really unfortunate timing.

The same pictures of the menu items are up on the wall, so if it's the old owners wife in charge should hopefully be the same fresh, homemade tasty Italian food as before at reasonable prices. ????

Aha.

You mean the place that long ago was known as the 80 baht spaghetti joint?

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Aha.

You mean the place that long ago was known as the 80 baht spaghetti joint?

I would think so as it was always great value, spaghetti wise my favourite dish was their clams with chilli. Other things I liked was the Milanese Shnitzel and their breaded fish fillet.  Used to see all the staff in the morning on a production line making the fresh pasta. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

Wasn’t it the 99 baht place? Great minestrone and excellent frito misto. Salad good, service too. Don’t remember liking the pasta. I hope it will be the same.

Tuna salad every time ???? and what I took away with me today.