The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

Im not travelling more than a few miles for a meal,so bit restricted....the small food court ,back of small Amazon coffee place Soi Boocow  has pizzas for 49 baht up,pasta meals 79b up   plus can buy beer and drink at table  small 42  big 60b...but Wetherspoons opposite has been pretty empty since opening

Edited by fredscats

On 9/26/2021 at 8:05 PM, Jingthing said:

I used to really really LUV Pizza Art on Tappraya Jomtien for Neopolitan pizza until they sadly closed (pre Covid). 

Now I see there is another such place:

Pizza Napoli - หน้าหลัก - เมืองพัทยา - เมนู ราคา รีวิวร้านอาหาร | Facebook

Has anyone tried it? Any comments? Ideally comparing to Pizza Art. It's far from me so if I do try it it will be delivery and for a pizza that's a problem.

No need to mention Pizza Big (not a fan). 

Yes its <deleted>

10 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Ever owned a restaurant or priced a menu? 

Food cost should be in the neighborhood of 25% to 35%. In other words, if you pay 100Bt for something, you should usually charge a minimum of 285Bt. 

Keep in mind that you aren't just paying for the food itself. You're paying someone to purchase it, prepare it, serve it, and clean up afterward.

You also to pay for the building, utilities, trash, kitchen, furnishings, decorations, advertising, waste, insurance, taxes, & take care of the other costs of keeping your business afloat, then you need a PROFIT to pay for your salary, housing, raise a family, pay for the car, school, clothing, entertainment, medical, insurance, retirement........

Now who's the idiot? 

Bla Bla Bla....

Some takeaway places charge as much as restaurants, they are clearly cheaters aimed to idiots, not my problem if you cannot understand this.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 8:48 AM, Yellowtail said:

By "good" do you mean that shops that do not order frozen from Makro and steam? 

Most people are just too stupid to understand that the food they eat is often frozen and made to look better, they pretend to be expert but they know nothing, clearly.

I could open a restaurant, by frozen food, add some plates decoration and few ingredients, then sell 10 times the price what I bought from Makro or any frozen food suppliers, and I am sure that 99% customers would feel nor understand nothing.

Then they keep thinking that they know anything...

So funny ! Thank you !

• Sad 3

On 10/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, thepdru said:

Bla Bla Bla....

Some takeaway places charge as much as restaurants, they are clearly cheaters aimed to idiots, not my problem if you cannot understand this.

They are not cheating. They are offering a choice which is not compulsory. Fools who complain about cheating are unable to run a business. I am happy to pay extra to avoid such fools.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 3:05 PM, AlexCanada said:

Honorable mention to the LK Empress breakfast buffet but that's really more a brunch than regular breakfast.

I may be shot down for this but imo the worst is the much overrated Lek hotel breakfast buffet.  Tried it when I first came to Pattaya because of reviews and never returned. 

Actually I'm staying at this hotel now, came today morning for breakfast and was really underwhelmed. 

Most food was Asian and, actually, my Thai wife didn't enjoy it.

About farang food, only ham, croissants, spaghetti and eggs.

Breakfast was included in room price, but it's marked as 300 baht if not resident. 

I would never pay 300 baht for this breakfast. 

20211027_092049.jpg

20211027_091524.jpg

20211027_091519.jpg

20211027_091439.jpg

20211027_090903.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The Grab menu is in Thai. You'll need to translate it.

That was the deal breaker for me, however, good to know its in English on Panda, that's Foodpanda, right?

Pisses me off, the like of Taco Bell with menu descriptions in Thai only.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Texas Chicken (the same brand as Churches) is much better than KFC! There, I said it.

Best fried chicken so far in Pattaya at Bonchon Royal Garden Pattaya.

I tried yesterday and it was really amazing. They have also soda deals (50%) and also bibimbap.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Best fried chicken so far in Pattaya at Bonchon Royal Garden Pattaya.

I tried yesterday and it was really amazing. They have also soda deals (50%) and also bibimbap.

Agreed that it's very good but Korean Fried Chicken is an entirely different category.

• Haha 2

Don Pepe

https://g.page/don-pepe-tapas-bar?share

AUTHENTIC Spanish restaurant.

Spanish chef Alex prepares real Spanish food: Seafood paella, gazpacho, boquerones en vinagre, txangurro, carrillada, pluma, jamón ibérico, merluza en salsa verde and other typical Spanish food specialties.

Good selection of Spanish wines too.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bbko said:

I sat down in Texas Chicken on Sukhumvit down towards the Chaiyapruek intersection, and in my opinion that was the blandest chicken I've eaten in a while, nothing like Church's in the states and the biscuits were so sweet I thought I was eating a muffin. I've had better tasting chicken from the open markets.   Adios' Texas Chicken.

Like I said, I was commenting on their spicy option. I agree about the regular being too bland.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2021 at 6:25 AM, LarrySR said:

We went into a Mexican restaurant the other day on Soi 5 Pratamnak and discovered their 34 page menu! 

Everything from Eggs Benedict, Club Sandwich, Fish of the Day, Pizzas, Curry, Hamburgers, Sweet & Sour Pork, Russian selections, Japanese Gyoza, Chinese Spring Rolls, Texas Chili Con Carne, Greek Salad, English Breakfast, 25 Thai dishes and 15 Peruvian / Mexican choices. 

A 34 page menu in a ghost town? Not promising...What are the chances any of this is fresh and yummy I wondered?

Would they be chiseling 2 year old freezer burned Macro "Fish Of The Day" out of the refrigerator and zapping in a microwave?

We decided not to find out....By by.

it's so incredible how some restaurants owners know nothing and are not interested to learn to do anything correctly !

only idiots offer a 34 pages menu and more idiots do not understand what it means.

Edited by thaicookingchef
  • Like 2

On 10/14/2021 at 6:25 AM, LarrySR said:

We went into a Mexican restaurant the other day on Soi 5 Pratamnak and discovered their 34 page menu! 

Everything from Eggs Benedict, Club Sandwich, Fish of the Day, Pizzas, Curry, Hamburgers, Sweet & Sour Pork, Russian selections, Japanese Gyoza, Chinese Spring Rolls, Texas Chili Con Carne, Greek Salad, English Breakfast, 25 Thai dishes and 15 Peruvian / Mexican choices. 

A 34 page menu in a ghost town? Not promising...What are the chances any of this is fresh and yummy I wondered?

Would they be chiseling 2 year old freezer burned Macro "Fish Of The Day" out of the refrigerator and zapping in a microwave?

We decided not to find out....By by.

I wouldn't call that place a Mexican restaurant.  Some people call it a Peruvian restaurant.  I wouldn't call it that either.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Like I said, I was commenting on their spicy option. I agree about the regular being too bland.

I like Texas chicken. I usually get the Mexican wrap and a couple biscuit.

That said, I still think the best takeout chicken in Thailand is the Five-Star  rotisserie. I don't care for their fried chicken though. 

Incidentally. the biscuits at Texas chicken are sweet, but the texture is nothing like a muffin.

• Like 1