Cheap Phone Calls

feasantplukka

Hi can anyone tell me any cheap way to call thailand from Sweden, going to sweden next week and want to keep contact with thai G/F. she has no pc so skype not in the running, currentley using dialwise in uk 3p a minute to mobile, what do you use in sweden? :D

tytus :o thanx for the reply but as I said in post no pc

Hi can anyone tell me any cheap way to call thailand from Sweden, going to sweden next week and want to keep contact with thai G/F. she has no pc so skype not in the running, currentley using dialwise in uk 3p a minute to mobile, what do you use in sweden? :D

tytus :o thanx for the reply but as I said in post no pc

You say she doesn't have a pc, she don't need one, you can call from your pc with Skype to any telephone in the world at a cheap rate.

You say she doesn't have a pc, she don't need one, you can call from your pc with Skype to any telephone in the world at a cheap rate.
feasantplukka, people here who talk about using Skype to call a phone number mean SkypeOut.

If you already have Skype, sign up for SkypeOut on the Skype web site and you will pay only EUR 0.057 to call a landline in Bangkok, EUR 0.106 to a landline in Thailand outside Bangkok, EUR 0.107 to any Thai mobile number, all prices including VAT.

--------------

Maestro

Hi can anyone tell me any cheap way to call thailand from Sweden, going to sweden next week and want to keep contact with thai G/F. she has no pc so skype not in the running, currentley using dialwise in uk 3p a minute to mobile, what do you use in sweden? :o

SkypeOut is OK, but the sound quality is often not so good at the telephone end (due the Internet's limited bandwidth...). Recently I found very good phone cards to call Thailand from anywhere in the world. The company name is Thaitel and I think the cheapest rate from Sweden is about € 0.04/min.

feasantplukka, people here who talk about using Skype to call a phone number mean SkypeOut.

If you already have Skype, sign up for SkypeOut on the Skype web site and you will pay only EUR 0.057 to call a landline in Bangkok, EUR 0.106 to a landline in Thailand outside Bangkok, EUR 0.107 to any Thai mobile number, all prices including VAT.

--------------

Maestro

thanks for the advice maestro, already have skype out at home in uk, but dont think I will myself have access to a pc in Sweden, or it might be a bit innconvenient to get to one. really just wanted to use a landline with cheap rate number, come on out there someone must make cheap calls from landlines in sweden :o

I used to live in Sweden, so I can help. ThaiTel is pretty good, but there are other options.

check this website out for different phone cards and prices, use the handy search feature to find prices for Bangkok, mobile or general thailand

http://www.phonecards.se/en/default.asp

You can buy the cards off the the internet, but most are sold in Swedish general stores, just look for the shops with the phonecard prices out the front.

...now why don't all countries have handy websites like this