P M Pledges To Work At Her Fullest Capacity Without Discouragement

Lite Beer

PM pledges to work at her fullest capacity without discouragement

20121230135552-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 30 - Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Sunday pledged that she will work to her fullest capacity without discouragement and insisted time would prove her performance, while urging all parties to end conflicts to help the country move forward.

The premier gave an interview with media at Government House today saying her government has only eight months to drive and solidify the government's policies as the first six months of her work after taking office was dealing with the country's worst flooding in history while another six months were spent in post-flood rehabilitation.

Ms Yingluck conceded that the government's work at the early stages had some obstacles and concerns from the public. But she was willing to adjust and improve the government's performance in the second year.

"I can't say that I am perfect but I can say that I am very willing to serve the public," said the premier. "Some people may love (me), while others may not, and I can accept that."

Ms Yingluck said she will improve her work capacity in two ways. The first is through leadership, she said she needs time to prove her leadership to the public as she is also new to politics but she will work to her fullest capacity.

The second, the premier said, is working effectively with her cabinet and the government which is a massive organization. The first year is therefore a period of adjustment, but she pledged to take criticisms and concerns and fix them for general advancement of the country.

"I am ready and I am not discouraged," stated Ms Yingluck. "Time will be the ultimate judge and the people will be the ones who decide."

For the government's policies to be highlighted in 2013, the prime minister said the government will continue and follow up with urgent policies implemented from the first year and will focus on the country's development with long term stability, including water management, agricultural zoning to increase productivity, the promotion of alternative energy and the development of human resources and quality of life.

Ms Yingluck said the year 2013 will also be the year of children, women and disabled people are well taken care of and receive equal treatment, with One Stop Service.

She added the government will also adjust its workflow by using technology to facilitate the work in order to reduce risk and corruption.

Regarding the political issue, the premier thanked the Opposition for working with the government, including scrutiny of the government's work and their role in legislative body.

Ms Yingluck however called on all parties and all colour factions to help end conflict in society, while remaining active participants in the democratic system. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-12-30

• Like 1

One can only wish her luck, and hope that she will feel able to start, sometime soon ? rolleyes.gif

I recall wishing her luck, seventeen months ago, too.

Perhaps she got waylaid by the need to carry out what-seems-like-several Cabinet-reorganisations ?

Apropos of which, did we have one this month yet, or is it still in the planning/denial-stages ? wink.png

What a load of crap.

Her idea of working together is for her to say sh-t and the Democrats and all the other parties say what color and how high.

She wants them to work together so she has her yes men filing stupid law suits against the Dem's spends more time trying to get her brother back and posing for photo ops than she does in running the country.

It wouldn't surprise me if she had been in office for a month before she found out where it was.

That is not to say I don't wish her well but she has given me no reason to believe it will happen.

• Like 2

How long does she need to get into the job?

If she isn't up to it, then she should give the reins up to someone who is?

Hint: someone with experience and is capable?

In the real world, those who can't do the job get fired and replaced with someone who can?

Unless of course you are put in the job to keep others off the patch wink.png

How long does she need to get into the job?

If she isn't up to it, then she should give the reins up to someone who is?

Hint: someone with experience and is capable?

In the real world, those who can't do the job get fired and replaced with someone who can?

Unless of course you are put in the job to keep others off the patch wink.png

No, no, no. With all her searching and judging and three iterations, Ms. Yingluck has the best cabinet and deputies (taxpayer) money can buy. With full co-operation and advise of her brother who is terribly sorry for not being able to be here in person with us. Who else would be able to pull this off but an experienced, capable, ever-sweet-smiling Thai lady rolleyes.gif

"....... her government has only eight months to drive and solidify the government's policies as the first six months of her work after taking office was dealing with the country's worst flooding in history while another six months were spent in post-flood rehabilitation. "

So much for the myth about women and multi-tasking. IMHO she couldn't walk while chewing gum unless it was in the wrong end of the alimentary canal.

"....... her government has only eight months to drive and solidify the government's policies as the first six months of her work after taking office was dealing with the country's worst flooding in history while another six months were spent in post-flood rehabilitation. "

So much for the myth about women and multi-tasking. IMHO she couldn't walk while chewing gum unless it was in the wrong end of the alimentary canal.

So when Abhisit and the Democrats legally took power they had an easy ride with no problems at all. Is that what she was inferring?

She already seems to be doing a good job to the people that matter. Keep up the good work.

You betcha. One of your best posts so far my friend. Unfortunately the people that matter have a sirname beginning with an S and are of Chinese decent and one of them lives in Dubai. Edited by Pimay1

She already seems to be doing a good job to the people that matter. Keep up the good work.

You betcha. One of your best posts so far my friend. Unfortunately the people that matter have a sirname beginning with an S and are of Chinese decent and one of them lives in Dubai.

Thanks Pimay1 you are one of my favorite posters. I love satire and as with you a lot of my posts are strictly satire. You have made my day. Keep up the good work my friend. This calls for another Leo.

P.s Its sUrname by the way.

You betcha. One of your best posts so far my friend. Unfortunately the people that matter have a sirname beginning with an S and are of Chinese decent and one of them lives in Dubai.

Thanks Pimay1 you are one of my favorite posters. I love satire and as with you a lot of my posts are strictly satire. You have made my day. Keep up the good work my friend. This calls for another Leo.

Good catch on the surname my friend. But as you and everyone else know I am from Kentucky and went to the same but different Uni as our wonderful PM Yingluck and during my tenure there I failed spelling wai.gif .

>edited to correct spelling<

Edited by Pimay1

Good catch on the surname my friend. But as you and everyone else know I am from Kentucky and went to the same but different Uni as our wonderful PM Yingluck and during my tenure there I failed spelling wai.gif .

>edited to correct spelling<

It is really a matter of perception.

Some people consider the people that matter as people with lot's of money others as people with power and as Pimay1 said some who feel the family are the important people (OK in there private life). Unfortunately these are the type of people drawn to the present Government.

There are people who consider 66,000,000 Thais as important. It would be great to see them in power.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1