Visit A Thai Jail

Foexie

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok good folks,I also need some advice now.Foexie sent me a message with the number of his g/f's brother AND his g/f's number.What do you think is the best plan of action?

I have a gut feeling that this is a scam but for Foexie's sake I hope that this story is true and crazy as it sounds I hope that his g/f is in prison.

I don't want this to sound all cloak and dagger but what do you all think is the best way of going about it?

Shaggy

OP: The software vendor has three resellers in Thailand. From your post you are saying a single user license is around US$8k for 3D modeling software. Just email one of the resellers in Thailand & get a quote to ascertain the Thai retail price. The business owners had obviously authorised your GF to connect to their network and utilise the application. I would doubt she would have been able to upload to a Server and then access without a license key.

If she has been arrested she would automatically be eligible for bail whilst a police report is drawn up, then the police prosecutor decides to submit or not to the court for charges/s to be made. Unless she or her family did not have the funds for bail, she would not be imprisoned without first going to court to ascertain guilt or innocence. In any case for a single user license being used commercially for three months the penalty would be minimal. Normally the vendor in this instance would just ask for the application IP to be deleted from the network or pay for a license. Either GF or employer are lying.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Do you have names to go with the numbers ?

Call the G/F first,I'm sure she doesn't have her phone in prison.

I have his g/f's nickname and what he thinks is her brothers name,I have already sent him a message asking for her full name.

So the plot thickens,the OP doesn't even know his girlfriend of one and a half years full name,or her brothers name or family name by the sounds of it,good luck I'm off out to a New Years party now.

I have his g/f's nickname and what he thinks is her brothers name,I have already sent him a message asking for her full name.

So the plot thickens,the OP doesn't even know his girlfriend of one and a half years full name,or her brothers name or family name by the sounds of it,good luck I'm off out to a New Years party now.

Jumping the gun a bit there....I didn't say that he didn't know her name,I only said that he only gave me her short Thai name in his message......anyway,have a great party.

Jumping the gun a bit there....I didn't say that he didn't know her name,I only said that he only gave me her short Thai name in his message......anyway,have a great party.

Happy new year to you to,may the OPs problems be resolved by you're good will at this time.

240,000 baht for using illegal software ? C'mon , the whole thing just doesn't add up.

Very FIshy !!

My wifes brother killed a young kid that was riding on the back of his parents motorbike. Brother in law was thrown in jail in BKK and released after paying 100,000 baht to the family.

My point is how can the op's girl be getting fined 240,000 baht for illegal computer software?..hard to fathom.

Thai fines and sentences sometimes have little sense of reality. A Thai street vendor was recently given a similar huge fine and about a decade in jail. His crime was selling copy vcd's.

The case was covered by TV somewhere.

Just on the illegal software bit. I know a guy (Dutch) who made t-shirts using illegal Adobe Photoshop software. They found out and gave him a 40.000 euro fine (1.6 million baht)

Of course if he could not pay the money, he had to serve time in jail. Eventually he paid...

To the OP.

Best of luck with this. If you can't find help, I would recommend you to send an e-mail to [email protected]

Write about your problem, and I'm sure they will help you set up an article where you can get some more info + some Belgium people with Thai wives to help on the translation/calling etc. My advise: Try to go to Thailand and try to find out here. It's extremely difficult to get things done with 10.000 km in between.

Veel geluk en succes.

Edited by FrisoPee
  • Like 1

Beano,

thx for your reply. I don't know much of her friends.I know she have one best friend and she moved and works in Japan now. But i already sended her an email to talk with her family and tell me more. I still wait for her reply.

Last week my gf told me she asked her brother to keep in contact with me. His english is bad. I can only send him easy texts what takes long time for him to understand. I try to talk with him on the phone before but it's useless and he always gave the phone back to my gf because we don't understand eachother.

Beano and Dancealot,

Thx for your support. I do my best to find out where she is and i will definatly try to visit her when i found her. I will take a lawyer for sure and the crispy things.

I also just got an reply on my text. Seems that my gf already told him to tell me that she don't want me to send money. Accually this already started the first weeks i know her. Her warning me for her greedy family and never give them money. Because they would ask for more and more. I guess that's the reason why they are angry at me now because i didn't send them more money.

Hedghog,

fyi i don't know if she is in jail or not. But until now i never caught her on a lie. That's why i try to find it out. But beeing away 11000 kms from Thailand doesn't make it easy. And if you speak a tiny Thai and the rest doesn't speak english it will get almost impossible.

i already looked here on the website what kind of replies you give at peoples. Most of them are always in the same style as these you give at me. And for some reason i think i already did see you on other websites using different names giving same kinda answers as what you give inhere.

So if you can't be any helpfull please don't bother anymore to reply on any message inhere and use the time just to get a drink somewhere.

Best regards to all.

If the brother can only speak a little English, do you not have an English speaking Thai friend on your phone who could make enquiries for you to the brother?

edit..., reading more posts I see that has been started.... so ignore, obviously.

Edited by pattayadingo

240,000 baht for using illegal software ? C'mon , the whole thing just doesn't add up.

Very FIshy !!

My wifes brother killed a young kid that was riding on the back of his parents motorbike. Brother in law was thrown in jail in BKK and released after paying 100,000 baht to the family.

My point is how can the op's girl be getting fined 240,000 baht for illegal computer software?..hard to fathom.

The GF hasn't been fined 240,000 Baht. Her employer is claiming 240,000 Baht because she loaded software on their computer. Even in Thailand one would not be jailed because of a civil claim for compensation.

It may be that the employer was fined 240K and is now trying to claim it back off of her. If the employer paid the fine, why would SHE be in jail?

If she actually is in jail, it is for another reason and nothing to do with the 240K.

If he pays the 240K claimed by the employer, this will not secure her release. He will then be informed how much it will cost him to get her released.

• Like 1

If the brother can only speak a little English, do you not have an English speaking Thai friend on your phone who could make enquiries for you to the brother?

edit..., reading more posts I see that has been started.... so ignore, obviously.

In an earlier post he mentions that his friend is married to a Thai and that she translated some scanned documents for him.

Strange that he hasn't asked his friend's wife to call on his behalf. Maybe he doesn't trust her?

• Like 2

Very FIshy !!

Thai fines and sentences sometimes have little sense of reality. A Thai street vendor was recently given a similar huge fine and about a decade in jail. His crime was selling copy vcd's.

The case was covered by TV somewhere.

Correct. He was given a massive fine and everyone thought it was way out of proportion to the 'crime'.

To the OP.....

Recalling the post by edwinchester, I can believe there to be an element of truth in this, yet there is the same % of it being a scam.

Many of us have been on the receiving end of scams that at the time seemed possible. Some of these scams seem believable too because the perpetrators seem to know where and when to hit with these. Many here will not admit to being done over by a 'simple' country girl, but it happens.

I would hate you to be beating yourself up about this and to be honest I am of the same train of thought as many others in that my instinct tells me you are being done over.

Proof !! Get some, one way or another. Until you do get proof she is being held in prison treat this with a bucketful of salt, not a spoonful.

I see from reading all the posts that you have been offered help. Accept that and sit back and wait for some evidence one way or another from those offering that help before parting with any more money or heartache.

• Like 1

COME ON MAN THIS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT

Typical story and it all smells like Buffalo Dung

Too many inconsistencies and those that have lived here for many years the alarm bells are RINGING LOUD and I for one think you are being taken for a ride and the fact that she refused 30,000 would be the exact ploy because she is going for the big payday.

Why would her family not tell you which prison she is in ??? Dont make sense if it was me and I thought she was lying (and i do) I would say please where is she I will pay the money but want to know which jail she is in THEN YOU WILL SEE IF ITS TRUE most likely answer is they will try to get you to send it to them

You are on thin ice and will most likely be bled dry and do not even consider EVER selling your house for a thai woman until you have been with her full time for several years and even then I would advise against it.

You have been offered service by one of the members here I suggest you take it and I am sure you will then find out the truth which I am guessing you will not like

Good luck you will need it

DK

PS Living with her Brother let me translate that for you to English LIVING WITH HER THAI BOYFRIEND

Agreed.. Thai Girls do this all the time. Turn down money, in the hope of more later. Pay for breakfast in the hope you will pay her rent. Its classic. They are TRAINED at this.

"I dont want your money"... (she just wants a house and a car.. etc)

Wake up mate - seriously

Otherwise pay an investigator.. probably cost you 10,000 baht max to find out if shes actually in prison.. and if so, what she actually did.

Have to bay 240k for installing pirate software on a computer. How could they even prove she installed it? What software was it anyway?

This story is utter rubbish, sorry to burst your bubble

you guy are being so unfair to the poor op, all he needs to do is sell his house and car back home and buy a new house and car for the thai family and all will be fine and her sweet brother will think your the best mark yet. sell, sell, sell. give them any money you have left as well. what ever you do, don't use your top head.

• Like 2

Foexie,I hope that this isn't a troll thread.

If it is genuine then send me a message with the phone number of your g/f's brother and I will ask my g/f to call him tomorrow and find out if/where she is in prison.

Shaggy

Bingo. I'm not buying the GF, brother or family's story yet, and not quite the OP. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe she "refused" 30k baht as confidence because she wants 240k baht. Maybe she has 6 other guys she's pleading with for 240k baht, and maybe she's rolling in dough.

On the surface this sounds like the classic scam to me, but if your GF calls the brother she'll get to the bottom of it.

In any event, I'm trying to figure out whether I'd rather have a bar girl or an ex con. Well, neither actually.

I'm trying to figure out whether I'd rather have a bar girl or an ex con. Well, neither actually.

Ex con means nothing at all Mr. Sanctimonious.saai.gif

People can be "ex con" for too many reasons!

Unfortunately some honest and good people could end up in jail sometimes!

OP is expecting support/advice, he seems an honest man, not sure he needs this kind of bashing almost insulting.

...IMHO whistling.gif

• Like 2

Foexie,I hope that this isn't a troll thread.

If it is genuine then send me a message with the phone number of your g/f's brother and I will ask my g/f to call him tomorrow and find out if/where she is in prison.

Shaggy

Bingo. I'm not buying the GF, brother or family's story yet, and not quite the OP. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe she "refused" 30k baht as confidence because she wants 240k baht. Maybe she has 6 other guys she's pleading with for 240k baht, and maybe she's rolling in dough.

On the surface this sounds like the classic scam to me, but if your GF calls the brother she'll get to the bottom of it.

In any event, I'm trying to figure out whether I'd rather have a bar girl or an ex con. Well, neither actually.

I'm trying to figure out whether I'd rather have a bar girl or an ex con. Well, neither actually.

Ex con means nothing at all Mr. Sanctimonious.saai.gif

People can be "ex con" for too many reasons!

Unfortunately some honest and good people could end up in jail sometimes!

OP is expecting support/advice, he seems an honest man, not sure he needs this kind of bashing almost insulting.

...IMHO whistling.gif

I agree that the OP seems to be a decent and honest man. But he also comes across as very naive.

In the past, I have suffered at the hands of these women that play on your sympathy and kind heart with only one goal - to milk as much money as they possibly can!

When I see a post such as this, I feel that it is almost a duty to point out that there is a high probability that this is just an elaborate scam to extract cash from the gullible farang.

Thai women sign up to dating sites that cater to farangs for one reason only, because farangs are percieved to have a lot of money, and by many, more money than sense.

Contrary to common belief, the majority of Thai women like Thai men. But it is certainly true that there are a lot of Thai women that like farang money. There is not a great deal of difference between Thai women that sign up to dating sites or those that go to Pattaya, both's intention is to meet farang and get paid for it.

• Like 2

Ok everybody,

i'm happy and sad now because i found an answer.

My gf is accualy in jail. I did call the Tourist Police to help me find out. Seems that my gf is sentenced for 1 month and is locked in in the prison of Ayutaya.

So for all who supported and encouraged me thank you all so very much.

For all who believed she was a scammer it's ok. If i heared a story like this maybe i would believe this too. But at the end it turned out my gf did not lie to me. And there fore i'm happy. So maybe you guys can give some persons a little more credit even when they have all ods against them.

I wish you all the best for the new year. For me it will be a very lonely one but i have somebody to think off.

Thx all for your help,

Best regards, Foexie

• Like 1

anyone can visit Monday to Friday, in visiting hours

just tell the name who you want to visit and you also can buy her somethings she will need from small shop in the jail or, you can buy in 7 eleven but she will not get then right away as they will need to check them before she can have ok, such as, shampoo, tooth brush and paste, napckins, body lotion,etc.

And if you're still not convinced -

Where did you get the idea that she would spend 800 days in jail?

I am 100% sure that when she received a 30 day sentence that everybody totally understood that it was 30 Days, not 800 Days. Why did she tell you that she would be in prison for 800 Days?

She has lied to you in order to get money from you.

If you cannot see that now, then I am afraid that there is no hope for you.

You are badly scarred sick.gif

• Like 1

And if you're still not convinced -

Where did you get the idea that she would spend 800 days in jail?

I am 100% sure that when she received a 30 day sentence that everybody totally understood that it was 30 Days, not 800 Days. Why did she tell you that she would be in prison for 800 Days?

She has lied to you in order to get money from you.

If you cannot see that now, then I am afraid that there is no hope for you.

You are badly scarred sick.gif

Not badly scarred, but experienced.

Did you not read this thread?

His "GF" told him that she would be in jail for 800 days and that it would cost 240,000 Baht to get her out.

Now, from his own investigation, he finds that she is actually sentenced to 1 month.

If you can't spot the lie then i'm afraid that there is no hope for you either.

If he sent the 240K, she would stay in jail because that is probably more than she can earn in 2 years and what would she prefer, paying the money to get out of jail or staying in jail for the rest of her sentence and having the money in her bank account. How many others has she used the same sob story on?