What's The Weather Doing Now?

Around 4 PM there was the start of a pretty good rain in Maenam, (I badly timed heading out, as I got soaked! bah.gif ) There were a few big puddles starting to appear in some areas!

Amazing no electric problems have been posted since Sept 9th! That has to be a longevity record for no power outage reports... clap2.gif(hope I have not jinks that! w00t.gifwink.png )

It's not that there are no power cuts. It's just that the power cuts are very short. (1 - 2 seconds.)

Mind you - affected both of my PC's and my monitor. Just had to replace the back up disc drive too. An expensive month facepalm.gif

(Yes - I have surge protectors and a UPS)

Around 4 PM there was the start of a pretty good rain in Maenam, (I badly timed heading out, as I got soaked! bah.gif ) There were a few big puddles starting to appear in some areas!

Amazing no electric problems have been posted since Sept 9th! That has to be a longevity record for no power outage reports... clap2.gif(hope I have not jinks that! w00t.gifwink.png )

It's not that there are no power cuts. It's just that the power cuts are very short. (1 - 2 seconds.)

Mind you - affected both of my PC's and my monitor. Just had to replace the back up disc drive too. An expensive month facepalm.gif

(Yes - I have surge protectors and a UPS)

yep, come to think of it I have had a few of these few second outages... luckily computers OK... for me... but I generally turn off everything and even unplug... when there is a big storm brewing.... although it has happened without the storms...bah.gif (on laptop at the moment!)

My Astro box cuts out always needs unplugging for a few minutes, to restart it... sad.png

Huge, loud thunderstorm started at 4 am over my area, this morning, w00t.gif.... sounds like it has moved towards you... wink.png

Yes - we got that one thanks Jimmy. Already awake though. The rats and Tockays were practicing for 'so you think you can dance' in the ceiling void since 2 am.

Then the dog decided to harmonise with the thunder. Glad that we came here for the peace and quiet.

As an aside - must be interesting weather at the airport. An airbus just aborted its landing and is now coming in for the second attempt.

Yes - we got that one thanks Jimmy. Already awake though. The rats and Tockays were practicing for 'so you think you can dance' in the ceiling void since 2 am.

Then the dog decided to harmonise with the thunder. Glad that we came here for the peace and quiet.

As an aside - must be interesting weather at the airport. An airbus just aborted its landing and is now coming in for the second attempt.

That's why I love the ATR. More time to gaze through the murk looking for the Runway approach lights at Minimum descent height. (The ATR following made it OK).

Another aside: when your various rats and reptiles stop dancing look out for a fat rat snake/cobra.smile.png

(hope I have not jinks that! w00t.gifwink.png )

Thanks for that Jimmy...I owe you one thumbsup.gif ...power went out at about 8:20am this morning and didn't come back until 4:45pm mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gif

Had lots of the illusive rain down this neck of the wood over the last 24hr xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

Thanks for that Jimmy...I owe you one thumbsup.gif ...power went out at about 8:20am this morning and didn't come back until 4:45pm mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gif

Had lots of the illusive rain down this neck of the wood over the last 24hr xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png .... oh no! ..sorry about that Neilly.

Not had a flicker here all day.... HD channels go off on the telly for a few minutes... sad.png ...we just had another, few minute down pour here!

xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png .... oh no! ..sorry about that Neilly.

Not had a flicker here all day.... HD channels go off on the telly for a few minutes... sad.png ...we just had another, few minute down pour here!

No worries mate tongue.png ...the power went off just before a big downpour hit us and I thought the two were related, but when we pulled out onto the main road there were electric trucks all over the place and looked like they were stringing another line...hope they got it finished or we can expect more of the same tomorrow. sad.png

Haven't had any rain for a few hours now so I guess we're due some soon whistling.gif

Went out late yesterday afternoon to buy a new PSU for my main PC at BananaIT in Tesco Lotus Lamai and when I got out it looked like rain so went as quickly as I am able (not fast) to my friends bar because it simply cannot get wet. Hung around for a good few hours while the rain was on and off and got a lift back in her car along with the old PC I built for her bar (to play music direct from HD 36,000 songs) which gave up the ghost some time back. Works out well because the case on that is much bigger than mine so I can install some items which I have knocking around but cannot use because there is physically not enough room in my existing case.

So long as the power stays on it can rain as much as it likes for the next 48 hours because I have lots to do and a fridge full of food and beer.

• Like 1

Another aside: when your various rats and reptiles stop dancing look out for a fat rat snake/cobra.smile.png

Thanks for the advice, but we have had a resident cobra for some years now. Along with a two metre monitor lizard that enjoys our pool.

Monitor liz.JPG

The 'in-house' reptiles seem to keep the Golden Tree snakes away,

GTS 2.JPG

but there was a young python on our deck two weeks ago!

Sorry - no photos of the python and the cobra - too busy changing underwear.

sorry.gifofftopic.gif

Back on topic - some light showers and winds today, but tomorrow could be interesting.

(Here snakey snakey - come into the dry????)

post-79343-0-28336700-1385054651_thumb.j

post-79343-0-30790500-1385054880_thumb.j

Thanks for the advice, but we have had a resident cobra for some years now. Along with a two metre monitor lizard that enjoys our pool.

attachicon.gifMonitor liz.JPG

The 'in-house' reptiles seem to keep the Golden Tree snakes away,

attachicon.gifGTS 2.JPG

but there was a young python on our deck two weeks ago!

Sorry - no photos of the python and the cobra - too busy changing underwear.

sorry.gifofftopic.gif

Back on topic - some light showers and winds today, but tomorrow could be interesting.

(Here snakey snakey - come into the dry????)

Holy f** s*** that settles it. I'm staying in apartment complex. Not looking for a house any more. *craps pants*

• Like 1

"Could be interesting"...slight understatement there Tropo...it's blowing a gale (all the doors and windows are rattling) and persisting down blink.png

Laem Sor by the way rain_zps35283260.gif

Nothing wrong with a bit of fauna. My resident lizards are less than a foot long and the lone snake isn't much longer. The cat takes care of them pretty much.

Nice storm tonight, woke me up at 4 am. Had to board up the house lest the cat start flying around. Nice lightning & thunder, scared the cat (she's just a kitten). Heavy thuds all around as coconuts pelted the ground...

Edit: remembered seeing this recently, wouldn't want to live in this house...

Edited by AngThong

I'm sorry for your disabilities,but not convinced by your assertion that condemning a dog to a slow death is the "Thai way". I thought that some of us from colder climates had moved on.

You might find that a pepper spray would be a useful defense item.

Well let me clue you in Horatio.

Some 10 years ago the situation in Thailand with regard to feral and semi-feral dogs was manic. Packs numbering up to 50 were roaming the streets so a Royal edict was issued telling people to fix the situation. Because of no ownership rules, all dogs that were seen to be in a state of disrepair were euthanized until there was an outcry that it was not the Buddhist way, at which point it stopped. Sarcoptic mange is endemic in Thailand and many many dogs contract it and scratch to the point of opening a wound. That wound is left untreated obviously so an infection sets in which the dog's immune system has no chance of fighting because of being as I previously said in a state of disrepair. As time goes by the dog gets weaker and is unable to defend its turf so finds a place to stay where it will ultimately either starve to death or dehydrate to death. THIS is the 'Thai way' whether you like/ agree with it or not.

Given a choice (which they had) the people of Thailand would rather a dog starve to death rather than put it out of its misery.

Edited by notmyself

Nothing wrong with a bit of fauna. My resident lizards are less than a foot long and the lone snake isn't much longer. The cat takes care of them pretty much.

Nice storm tonight, woke me up at 4 am. Had to board up the house lest the cat start flying around. Nice lightning & thunder, scared the cat (she's just a kitten). Heavy thuds all around as coconuts pelted the ground...

Edit: remembered seeing this recently, wouldn't want to live in this house...

Haha. Awesome video. Need to show it to my gf. She loves snakes. NOT.

Went past there today Neilly, this land is on top of the reservoir. Make an offer quick, you could start white water rafting or similar.laugh.png

Another few hours of rain and it certainly won't be 'riverside' anymore...it'll just be a 'river' wink.png

Great pics Neilly! ^ thumbsup.gif

It's so cold I am wearing a sweater ... 22 c here, in Maenam, brrrr! w00t.gif

There's been frequent rainy squalls all day here ... I've not ventured out, to see what's going on along the ring road ... need milk... hope to see a break soon! facepalm.gif

I cannot get any further outside then the limits of my underground parking.

Got to ride the scooter for work way past Lamai Sat morning, 8am.

Best I bring a surfboard..................................

Great pics Neilly! ^ thumbsup.gif

It's so cold I am wearing a sweater ... 22 c here, in Maenam, brrrr! w00t.gif

There's been frequent rainy squalls all day here ... I've not ventured out, to see what's going on along the ring road ... need milk... hope to see a break soon! facepalm.gif

I cannot get any further outside then the limits of my underground parking.

Got to ride the scooter for work way past Lamai Sat morning, 8am.

Best I bring a surfboard..................................

Maybe give this lady a shout.... but be nice to her, looks like she may have a mean streak....tongue.pngwhistling.gif

Oh sunny days... come back again!...already !

It's pouring down again now.... I did make a quick "milk run" , all bars along the Maenam strip, seemed quieter than usual...wink.png

SAM_0655.JPG

In front of Ruang Thong pharmacy, near Dao Seafood Market, Chaweng

post-17753-0-04932700-1385128615_thumb.j

Water is also 50cm and flowing very strong at the red light T-junction with petrol station on ring road.

Edited by Mole

Water has gone down since last night. From 50 cm to about 20. Cars can now pass.

Around Dao seafood market, Chaweng.

attachicon.gif20131123_090710.jpg attachicon.gif20131123_090737.jpg attachicon.gif20131123_090925.jpg attachicon.gif20131123_091001.jpg attachicon.gif20131123_092136.jpg attachicon.gif20131123_092211.jpg

Does anyone know what this area is like now? I need to go that way about 530pm today. Passable on a motorbike?