What's The Weather Doing Now?

Perhaps this should be moved to What's the weather doing now....?whistling.gif

So far today, it seems like the calm before the storm, so far at least anyway! Let's hope this misses us...wink.png

I think this topic should be open until the storm has passed , nice to have specific updates thumbsup.gif

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-259.04,9.47,2212

• Like 1

We move to this , as it is a reference point for all warnings & conditions.

Well it is sunny now in Bophut smile.png

Very happy for you Churchill, will get you some binoculars soon for long term weather forecasts..

• Like 1

Wind Guru supported by other Met agencies is giving wind gusts up to 50Knots (58MPH) around Sunday midday.

Wind from the NW swinging to NE/East.

If they have got it right then we can expect power cuts.

In my experience the forecasts are usually accurate but the timings can vary by up to 24 hours. We shall see!

Very happy for you Churchill, will get you some binoculars soon for long term weather forecasts..

I don't need Binoculars Thanks

but if there is a big storm coming sad.png i would prefer specific information that is easy to find and see rather than scrolling through a thread and having to search ' If you check this topic, always big storms around Loi Kratong. ' blink.png

Edited by churchill

I don't need Binoculars Thanks

but if there is a big storm coming smile.png i would prefer specific information that is easy to find and see rather than scrolling through a thread and having to search ' If you check this topic, always big storms around Loi Kratong. ' blink.png

Don't worry Winston!

We'll keep an eye on it for you and post major developments ..... but your thread heading was confusing, I almost did not bother to look at it.... tongue.png

I just posted some images in Photo section for all to see what it is / was like today! wink.png

Agree with you Churchill.

"what's the weather doing now" hardly seems relevant when it's not doing much at all!

Can't see the point of having 21 pages of history to scroll through.It's the forecast which will interest most of us I think.

"what's the weather doing now" hardly seems relevant when it's not doing much at all!

Can't see the point of having 21 pages of history to scroll through.It's the forecast which will interest most of us I think.

just click the last arrow, on the page numbers, better than having a hundred threads every time the weather changes... facepalm.gifPerhaps at the end of the year we could change to 2015! with a new version!

It's clouding over, and wind is getting up... w00t.gif

More info on this here including the path of past storms through this area. Various storms shown but Invest99W is at the bottom of the web page.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/

Probably worth keeping an eye on.

That's a good site thank you SR. A bit of a pain to scroll through the different storms - so for those of you who want an easy life

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/99W_geps_latest.png

This one might get nasty

Edited by Tropicalevo

just click the last arrow, on the page numbers, better than having a hundred threads every time the weather changes... facepalm.gifPerhaps at the end of the year we could change to 2015! with a new version!

It's clouding over, and wind is getting up... w00t.gif

I've always thought that it's much easier to access - and far more rational - to have the newest additions at the front end of the pile, not buried 30 pages in.

R

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 2

You guys obviously have trouble navigating or unsure of what to do.

When you open your forum page, topics that are unread by you & have new up to date posts are marked as with a dot or a star. Just click on that & it will take you to the last unread post by you, which if you are following a topic should be the update. Here is a picture to help explain better to save any confusion:

• Like 1

You guys obviously have trouble navigating or unsure of what to do.

When you open your forum page, topics that are unread by you & have new up to date posts are marked as with a dot or a star. Just click on that & it will take you to the last unread post by you, which if you are following a topic should be the update. Here is a picture to help explain better to save any confusion:

attachicon.gif2014-11-08_114137.png

Mmmm . . . unfortunately, the last time I looked in this topic to see what the weather was doing was 2 months ago, so that doesn't help me too much. It's more useful to see info on this currently-threatened blow if I look at the last page and then work backwards to find the first relevant post on it.

Then the's the irritation of having the American date all arsh-about-face and trying to work out if it's the 8th of the 10th month or the 10th of the 8th month . . . unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

Edited by robsamui

Given the high humidity lately with the rains whistling.gif It might be a good idea to mention, wiping down any furniture showing signs of white mold, with plain white vinegar.... (3 litre bottles at the major shops about 62 baht...)

Black mold on things (cloth materials) is a bit more difficult to get rid of, but any chance one gets, put stuff in the sun as long as possible! wink.png

Given the high humidity lately with the rains whistling.gif It might be a good idea to mention, wiping down any furniture showing signs of white mold, with plain white vinegar.... (3 litre bottles at the major shops about 62 baht...)

Black mold on things (cloth materials) is a bit more difficult to get rid of, but any chance one gets, put stuff in the sun as long as possible! wink.png

Will it work on the lining of my crash helmet Jim? I got soaked yesterday, and foolishly left it under the seat. Stinks today. :-(

I think I will pull it out and try sending it to the laundry.

Will it work on the lining of my crash helmet Jim? I got soaked yesterday, and foolishly left it under the seat. Stinks today. :-(

I think I will pull it out and try sending it to the laundry.

I sometimes put mine in washing machine (side by side kind) ... nothing worse than that smell! bah.gif I have not thought to try the vinegar in the helmet, try it and let us know....wink.png

Noticed a lot of pillows and bedding being aired today.... sunshine all day! thumbsup.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

Heaviest rain I have seen so far this rainy season, happened on way to Central, but only lasted about 15 minutes... by time headed home, the water had cleared away!

a river coming down one of the Soi's...

SAM_8839.JPG

It's not been too bad as far as too much rain all at once this year... so far anyway!