What's The Weather Doing Now?

Right now in Phu Chaweng. It looks like there will be some sun bathing before the storm wink.png

Yes, you get away from the beach areas and weather is quite nice....thumbsup.gif although my neighbour just back from Chawang and said they had some rain, a while ago....

it's "wait ten minutes or go a few kilometers weather" .... and things are different! smile.png

Right now in Phu Chaweng. It looks like there will be some sun bathing before the storm wink.png

Yes, you get away from the beach areas and weather is quite nice....thumbsup.gif although my neighbour just back from Chawang and said they had some rain, a while ago....

it's "wait ten minutes or go a few kilometers weather" .... and things are different! smile.png

It's all confusing to me. My first rainy season! Will there be a storm or not? (weather warning thingy) And if so, should I prepare for no electricity? sad.png

It's all confusing to me. My first rainy season! Will there be a storm or not? (weather warning thingy) And if so, should I prepare for no electricity? sad.png

Seems to me last year was not that bad during the so called "Monsoon season" ... who knows for sure? Two or was it three years ago? .... we got a huge flood in March... w00t.gif

Best to have some candles or torch at the ready... you never know... my power out last night and then again this morning.... rolleyes.gifbah.gif

Not sure if Rooo's Crystal ball is of use or not! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Well here we are with our first real monsoon season for a few years. Tongson Bay usually has a nice beach. This is what it was like yesterday. Samrong bay is similar. Cold, strong waves and lots of flotsam. Not much beach.

attachicon.gifTongson Bay Dec 3.jpg

It really varies with the beaches... this is just near the market, by the turning to the airport up near your pointy bit! A lot of fishing boats taking shelter there!

Yet most of the north end beaches still have big waves like that in your shot! ^

2013-12-04-1061.jpg

The sun is trying to come out at the moment... what is it 5 days now? no rain to speak of in Maenam area, at least ! ...

Seas have sure calmed down this week! and pleasant days! thumbsup.gif

Now a bit of needed rain falling... this evening....thumbsup.gif

Except for the one area of Chawang, that was flooded, I don't think any one can complain about this year's "Monsoon season" ... we fared well compared with some areas around the south! .

OK - a few complaints about the rain tonight from the ISS. (Light hearted.)

Some of the senior kids spent months and months writing and practicing their own songs for the Christmas Concert tonight - and the last few acts were rained off.

Can we please arrange for the rain to fall at a more convenient time in future?

OK - a few complaints about the rain tonight from the ISS. (Light hearted.)

Some of the senior kids spent months and months writing and practicing their own songs for the Christmas Concert tonight - and the last few acts were rained off.

Can we please arrange for the rain to fall at a more convenient time in future?

Looking into it as we speak.

• Like 2

Those drains were recently installed.

It used to be sort of concrete covers with small holes in them, but apparently they weren't any good at draining the water away, so they made the drain hole bigger and put up those steel grates instead.

Still doesn't make much difference if it rains too much.

You can see in my earlier posts on how it was.

Those drains were recently installed.

It used to be sort of concrete covers with small holes in them, but apparently they weren't any good at draining the water away, so they made the drain hole bigger and put up those steel grates instead.

Still doesn't make much difference if it rains too much.

You can see in my earlier posts on how it was.

It's the Thai way where do you think the water goes when it goes into the drain yes you would think it run' s away to a lower point but no this area is already low so no where to go, so the reason for flooding when someone just pisses on the street.

yes it's was a go fly your kite kinda day today... blinking cold too, brrrr!!! .... but no rain so far!

Not many people on the beach down by W resort.... in Maenam today, one couple snuggled up in a blanket... whistling.gif

I am sure in a few weeks it will be a lot different! wink.png .

IMG_8576.JPG

• Like 2

The wind has really picked up and there are some nice little lumpy bits out there in the channel between Samui and KPN. sick.gif

Take care if you are going to the FMP. Pick a BIG boat. wai.gif

I can see plenty of speed boats departing here in Bangrak, really worry about the people on their.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing a satellite image on one of the news channels yesterday, there is cloud way out into the south China sea.... and winds coming from NE, it looks like this overcast weather may still be around for a while.... sad.png

Not normal, that I remember for going on so long! Still fairly rough seas and waves along the more exposed coastal areas on any of the islands from what I hear... even Koh Toa, which is sometimes calmer, than Samui, has poor visibility in the water for the snorkeling / diving crowd...

Light drizzle for a while this morning in Maenam area, heard too, that Lamai got a bit of rain yesterday!

At least the cool nights make it better for sleeping!

Warning to tourists that you can still be sun burned even in cloudy conditions!

Perhaps one of the mods could change the topic title of this to: What's the weather doing now ... 2014 edition! wink.pngwhistling.gif

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

Have just finished 3 weeks there on my latest trip and personally I found the weather perfect. Not unbearably hot like mid year or even Oct and unlike last year barely a drop of rain.

That being said it was 40c in Sydney when I was away so was glad to be on Samui for a cool change.

• Like 1

Seems to be getting back to more normal weather, at least the sea has calmed down along the north coast of Samui...thumbsup.gif... and a fairly nice sunny day, after weeks of overcast conditions! bah.gif

Forecast says going to hit 30c tomorrow .... phew!!!!.... a heat wave coming! facepalm.gif

Seems to be getting back to more normal weather, at least the sea has calmed down along the north coast of Samui...thumbsup.gif... and a fairly nice sunny day, after weeks of overcast conditions! bah.gif

Forecast says going to hit 30c tomorrow .... phew!!!!.... a heat wave coming! facepalm.gif

Oh good. :D