Air Asia Ticket Change

David48

I asked this question to AirAsia on their promise of a 5 working day turnaround for an answer ... cheesy.gif

If I buy a ticket is there a grace period where you can change the day/time of travel for free?

I thought I read somewhere that you had 48 hours from the time of purchase to change for free ... but not sure.

Anyone know for sure?

Never heard of grace period with AA. I've bought tickets online with them since 2004, anytime I wanted to change date there was a 'rebooking fee' involved.

I never made a telephone reservation or took out travel insurance, under which circumstances, things may differ.

Worth booking a cheapie a long way in advance, even if you never use it, but rebooking fee can be a killer.

Cheers, AArn

Never heard of grace period with AA. I've bought tickets online with them since 2004, anytime I wanted to change date there was a 'rebooking fee' involved.

I never made a telephone reservation or took out travel insurance, under which circumstances, things may differ.

Worth booking a cheapie a long way in advance, even if you never use it, but rebooking fee can be a killer.

Cheers, AArn

Thanks AArn

May I ask what the fee was last time you paid it?

And I can share a story when AA did change the dates for free ... it was when the Red Shirt protests were on some years ago and they cut the phone and water off in Lower Suk.

Initially the Lady wasn't going to do it ... but she did in the end ... Good Wishes to her!

AA fees depend on which country you are flying from ie. cheapest from Malaysia, most expensive from Australia. Jan 2012 I booked Gold Coast (Austr) to KUL, with 20 kg 'sporting goods' allowance, to fly 16 November. Total cost was ~ 6.000 baht. Later AA had a 'special', KUL - SYD on 24 Oct for < 2,000 baht.

Was thinking of changing return leg, from 16 Nov to Jan 2103. Basic change fee was ~ 1,300 baht, plus had to repay sport good fee (couldn't cancel it!) for ~ 1,000 baht. Then there would have been another fee for difference in ticket price... basically I stuck with the original booking.

Booking a long way ahead with AA can be very good (KUL - SYD ~ 2,000 baht!) but you get stung with any extras and/or changes. Happy travels, AArn