Buses From Chiang Rai Airport To Mae Sai

mahdoo

Hi,

I am flying into Chiang Rai and am going onto Mae Sai to renew my visa.

The last time I did this i ended up taking an airport taxi into town where i then got a bus upto Mae Sai.

I have heard that there are buses that pass the airport that go to Mae Sai.

Can anyone let me know if this is true?

And some idea of how frequent these buses are (if they do exist) would be very useful too.

thanks. :o

The road to Mae Sai (route 110) certainly passes right by Chiang Rai airport. In fact I'd say all the Mae Sai buses pass here. It's 2.5km from the terminal building out to the main highway. (checked out the sat photos on google-earth)

Bus frequency I don't know. Just flag down each bus heading north. I'd imagine you'll strike the Mae Sai one eventually.

Hi,

I am flying into Chiang Rai and am going onto Mae Sai to renew my visa.

The last time I did this i ended up taking an airport taxi into town where i then got a bus upto Mae Sai.

I have heard that there are buses that pass the airport that go to Mae Sai.

Can anyone let me know if this is true?

And some idea of how frequent these buses are (if they do exist) would be very useful too.

thanks. :o

There are 2 similar buses. One will head direct to the Maesai bus terminal and the other will be going to Chiangsaen - east of Maesai.

I am looking for people to car pool to Maesai, if you are interested call me at 07-1914388. These days gas is pretty expensive, though.