Re-Registration For Motorbike At “Shop”?

KelCastro

We got pulled over yesterday and found out that our registration had expired -_-

The one cop kept saying "go to shop for 2556". I’m figuring you can go to the main Land & Transportation office by Regent’s but that’s pretty far. Does anyone know what this cop is referring to when he says “shop”? I’m figuring there has to but a number of places to do this....

But I don’t know where! Thanks in advance.

Any motorcycle shop. I have a Honda and take my paperwork and bike to my local Honda shop and they do the registration and insurance. they give you a "receipt" and you get your green book back in about 2-3 weeks. Take the green book for the bike to the shop with you.

Any motorcycle shop. I have a Honda and take my paperwork and bike to my local Honda shop and they do the registration and insurance. they give you a "receipt" and you get your green book back in about 2-3 weeks. Take the green book for the bike to the shop with you.

They should copy your green book for you, in case you get stopped again, carry the copy with your bike.

The place I take all my vehicles to (car and motorbike) is on the Westside of Sukumvit between klang and Nua. They do the vehicle inspection as well. They keep my green book and have all the stickers ready for pickup in a day or 2. They charge like 100 baht for the service fee and maybe 50-100thb for the inspection fee (mandatory even if you go do it yourself).

I know I have their card somewhere so let me dig it up and post it. I've been using them for years and they are an official vehicle inspection shop.

They are approx here 12.94385, 100.90399

EDIT: Just found my last receipt from them for my bike (600cc)

Tax 102 thb

Insurance (compulsory) 680thb

Check (vehicle inspection) 60thb

Service 50thb

Total 892thb

their number is 038-424363 428474

post-32036-0-94786300-1357300968_thumb.j

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 1

The place I take all my vehicles to (car and motorbike) is on the Westside of Sukumvit between klang and Nua. They do the vehicle inspection as well. They keep my green book and have all the stickers ready for pickup in a day or 2. They charge like 100 baht for the service fee and maybe 50-100thb for the inspection fee (mandatory even if you go do it yourself).

I know I have their card somewhere so let me dig it up and post it. I've been using them for years and they are an official vehicle inspection shop.

Tax 102 thb

Service 50thb

Total 892thb

Sorry but you have been done. The cost of the Goverment insurance is 646 Baht

Why would it take 2-3 weeks, when it's only a 10 minutes procedure? blink.png

Tax 102 thb

Service 50thb

Total 892thb

I'm with Jayman on this, you get it all done in the same place

If you read the post, it is for REGISTRATION AND INSURANCE. If it isn't fast enough for you, don't use them.. I am quite satisfied.

Because they "collect" some customers first, before they go to the DLT.

Depends on the place, where you buy the insurance.

Some insurance agents/companies, which are located near, outside or inside the DLT will probably charge you a "service-fee" ~30-50 Baht.

Edited by Turkleton

Tax 102 thb

Service 50thb

Total 892thb

I should add that they will issue the actual insurance receipt on the spot that they print out of a little credit card type printer and that with a copy of your receipt and green book will work just fine if you get pulled over by the police in the few days you are waiting to get your actual book and sticker back. Like I said, it's normally done by the close of business the next day.

If you read the post, it is for REGISTRATION AND INSURANCE. If it isn't fast enough for you, don't use them.. I am quite satisfied.

I did read the op and it it is for TAX and INSURANCE, not registration and it takes about 10 minutes.

Have to agree with Jayman and Semper here. Either head out to the DLT, close to the Regents, or have one of the certified shops do the work for you. If you drive out to the DLT, it’s a done in a few minutes, if you use one of the certified shops that Jayman mentions, you can pick up all your paperwork within the next day or two with a slight surcharge.

My preference has always been to do it myself. It’s a pretty close drive out to the DLT and that’s it, you don’t have to do another run to pick up the paperwork.

You can do it at BigC South Pattaya (Sukhumvit).

Every saturday morning until afternoon (?)

First floor, near the information desk.

Desk at BIG C cannot do it if it has gone beyond expiry date. Sorry!

How many days or weeks before the expiry date can you renew the tax and insurance?

How many days or weeks before the expiry date can you renew the tax and insurance?

Good question indeed. I tend to always go in there late (month or 2) and find that no extra fees are added unless I'm like a year late. Even then you must just pay the past tax (not insurance) and a very small couple hundred baht fine.

I agree about the shop Jayman uses. I use it for my car registration--and for any transfers. I haven't been to the DMV in years. I even got my first class insurance there--after checking many agents this shop came up with the best package.

Not quite what you are asking, but, I use a place opposite the flyover on Sukhumvit road )heading out of town towards BKK) and they did my car and m/c tax months after it was due. It was dated back to when the old tax expired. They were also the best value for car insurance for me.

Regards the book, it usually comes back the next day unless on a weekend. Very efficient and I believe it is 50 Baht for their work. Much better than going to the registration office.

Good question indeed. I tend to always go in there late (month or 2) and find that no extra fees are added unless I'm like a year late. Even then you must just pay the past tax (not insurance) and a very small couple hundred baht fine.

Actually there is a late fee, it’s 1% per month.

Adds up to a whopping 1 Baht per month on the 100 Baht yearly tax of a scooter. smile.png

Adds up to a whopping 1 Baht per month on the 100 Baht yearly tax of a scooter. smile.png

I've never paid a late fee unless it's been over a year late. I showed you my receipt for my last rego and it was a few months late.

I've never paid a late fee unless it's been over a year late. I showed you my receipt for my last rego and it was a few months late.

Look at your receipt, you paid 102 for tax, so you must have been between 1 and 2 months late, hence the 2 Baht late fee.

You can also see this in your green book, it’s in the column just right of the tax fee, it’s labled "เงินเพิ่ม". Should be stamped 2 baht in this column.

Look at your receipt, you paid 102 for tax, so you must have been between 1 and 2 months late, hence the 2 Baht late fee.

You can also see this in your green book, it’s in the column just right of the tax fee, it’s labled "เงินเพิ่ม". Should be stamped 2 baht in this column.

you are 100% correct.

Thanks for the info. We ended up doing ours somewhere in North Pattaya. We were charged everything, inspection, taxes, registration, insurance, etc. for 900baht. We felt it was a little high but we weren't really in the mood to argue. They gave us some receipts for the cops (which we actually needed one evening during a random checkpoint) & told us it would be really in 2 weeks. So far so good.

Thanks for the info. We ended up doing ours somewhere in North Pattaya. We were charged everything, inspection, taxes, registration, insurance, etc. for 900baht. We felt it was a little high but we weren't really in the mood to argue. They gave us some receipts for the cops (which we actually needed one evening during a random checkpoint) & told us it would be really in 2 weeks. So far so good.

Again, my place does it in 1 biz day tops. 2 weeks seems like taking the piss but if you're happy to wait then I guess it's not a problem.

When my Honda tax and insurance is due I go to the place next to the DLT in Khampaeng Phet province 65 km from where I live.

They offer a one stop shop. I give them the green book,they inspect my bike and pop next door to get the tax sticker, issue the insurance.

I t takes a bit longer than drinking a cup of coffee and costs around 860 baht for the lot. Nice friendly people.

It is a jolly out and I get to visit the "big city" as a change from the rural area where I live.

Again, my place does it in 1 biz day tops. 2 weeks seems like taking the piss but if you're happy to wait then I guess it's not a problem.

Yeah, we went before I heard about the 1-2 day turn-around. When we first bought the bike, the shop took 2 weeks to get the book back to us, so we just figured this was standard.

They told me up to one month before is okay.